Current status of the Ning Platform is always available on the Ning Status Blog.

Forum

Mobile App integration

I signed up for Mobile Roadie system as this is what I understood was a seemless integration with my NING site. I have placed my API protocols in their Core program and I find out that the only thing syncing is my site pictures and news. People that join my app can not input their BxRecords Sign In Protocols for my site and fully integrate with it.

I figured they would be able to leave a comment in the app it would sync with the site, so they can always be updated by my news and the pics on the go. I contacted the support section of Mobile Roadie and they seem to hint that this is a NING issue.

If the Mobile integration is not fully ready you should not advertise it to us yet. I don't know if I should have submitted this as a ticket, but let me know something as I have already invested in this project and am in to deep to turn back now. And of course if I misunderstood something set me straight.

You need to be a member of Ning Creators Network to add comments!

Join Ning Creators Network

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• Hey, Alliance. Sorry to hear you're having trouble. I wasn't aware of any issues, but please do submit this as a ticket so we can route it to someone who can look into the technical details. 

• Thanks Eric

• I have the same issue

• Im starting to get frustrated because I spent out to promote this thing, I was getting flyers, stickers, word of mouth, etc. I even dipped in my personal savings to complete and now im stuck. I tried to reach out to the app people they say its NING, then Ning says its the app people. Bottomline I have not gotten a promised return phone call or email from either company and im trying to be patient. ( just to clarify Ning only has known for 4 days, the app people have known for a month.)

Can anyone give me what I was promised?

• Working on it, Alliance. I have Andy's ticket number. Can you share yours with me? Appreciate it. 

• I quoted this number to my guy. 5004000000G6hRH He said this was wrong. But found it under my site name.
    www.BxRecords.com
  • Today is my event, It doesn't look like I will have a solution today but can someone tell me the direction we are going in. Or at least what the talks are looking like between the companies? I need to know what Im gonna say tonight.

Will I say these features will be available soon? Or should I pass of as a typo?

• I am starting to think there is a major messup here between Mobile Roadie and NING and things do not work as advertised.

I think the main idea was to have 2 networks that don't talk to each other.  So I have a Web world and a phone world, no way to join the two in any aspect, Comments or picture uploads. Only the mobile reads the web but there is no "SYNC". Its more like a "Info PULL"

• I finally received an email from Mobile Roadie this is what was said.

As I stated earlier, the two do not connect. The Ning integration gives you the ability to share photos and blog content between your Ning page and your app.

From his convo above this implies a one way street from site to app.

Well, someone needs to tell Mobile Roadie that the problems start with the wording on this page. https://mobileroadie.com/home/why_moro/key_partnerships 

It states

Through our partnership with Ning Everywhere, you're able to easily allow content to flow from your Mobile Roadie app to your Ning Network, and vice versa. Simply sign in to your Mobile Roadie account, click on the Ning sidebar item, enter your credentials, choose which content you want to sync and personalize the user sign in message. Once enabled, new member photos and blog posts added to your Ning Network will automatically appear in your Mobile Roadie app. In addition, your members can sign in with their Ning accounts inside your Mobile Roadie app, allowing them to automatically sync their event photos to their Ning profiles. With Ning and Mobile Roadie, your social network is now mobile.

Whether done on purpose or not this is where the confusion begins. Now If NING is going to open the API like everyone and their momma wants maybe we can move forward.

Not saying that with attitude, just pointing out that you have guidelines and rules you setup.

• I need to look into this a bit more, Alliance. Appreciate your patience. 

This reply was deleted.

Search the Creators Network

Latest Activity

Poppili left a comment for Poppili
"Thanks Jamie 
Please send me an email to contact@mumaround.com
Thanks a lot"
35 minutes ago
Jim Kinson replied to George H. Compton IV's discussion (TIP) Ning 2.0 responsive fullwidth network at any screen resolution. :O Cellphones to TV's ;)
"George, this is awesome as usual. Why did we even have to do this 3.0 thing. They could have hired…"
3 hours ago
Jamie Baker left a comment for Poppili
"Hi,
I see your looking for some design help. Drop me a message if your stuck.
Jamie"
4 hours ago
steve replied to Neil Norton's discussion No notifications equals slow death for groups
"The last time this was mentioned it was pointed out that inline notification wont be included in Ni…"
6 hours ago
Fire-Tech replied to Anant Garg's discussion CometChat Network Edition now available for NING
"Just installed and have to say that first impressions are great! Notifications and file uploads are…"
9 hours ago
steve replied to Theresa Happe's discussion Looking for someone to switch my site for ning 3.0
"I think the reality is, it doesn't much matter when you compare N2 to N3, the fact is N2 is being d…"
9 hours ago
United Spirits replied to Traddie's discussion Does any member have Code to add "views" to a page
"Freehostedscripts gives you the ability to show whose online two."
16 hours ago
United Spirits replied to United Spirits's discussion Alternative Text Editor
"This makes me pretty excited. The default Text editor just I don't really like it. I just hope it w…"
16 hours ago
United Spirits replied to Theresa Happe's discussion Looking for someone to switch my site for ning 3.0
"Ning 3 is better for designers. Fine grain controls are its selling point. Ning 2 is better for fix…"
16 hours ago
Jen replied to Willerie Razote's discussion CSS Advice: How to change the title to buttons
"It was such a small bit of help. =) Thank you, Willerie!"
yesterday
Bernard Lama replied to Traddie's discussion Does any member have Code to add "views" to a page
"Hi Traddie,
You can use the code from here http://www.hitwebcounter.com as I'm using the same here …"
yesterday
George H. Compton IV replied to George H. Compton IV's discussion (TIP) Ning 2.0 responsive fullwidth network at any screen resolution. :O Cellphones to TV's ;)
"hello Scott.. Sure that should be a simple thing I'll work on it Monday and get back to you as soon…"
yesterday
Simon Farnworth replied to Ceddy J's discussion Quick Add Feature For Activity Feed?
"Wow! How did you do that??"
yesterday
George H. Compton IV replied to United Spirits's discussion Alternative Text Editor
"SP I've been really busy this weekend I'll try to work out the CSS Monday.
Even though I'm sure you…"
yesterday
Willerie Razote replied to Willerie Razote's discussion CSS Advice: How to change the title to buttons
"@Jen--echoing Joanna, you are AWESOME!  Helpful and always on point!"
yesterday
Jen replied to Willerie Razote's discussion CSS Advice: How to change the title to buttons
"@Joanna, Goodness, made my day. Thanks, happy it helped a tiny bit."
yesterday
Poppili left a comment for vaqz
"Hi
Please send me an email to contact@mumaround.com
I am looking to hire a ning developer"
yesterday
SweetPotato replied to Traddie's discussion Member Map Not Working
yesterday
Joanna replied to Willerie Razote's discussion CSS Advice: How to change the title to buttons
"Jen - as usual, you're awesome. Thanks.
I had the same problem."
yesterday
Magesoad replied to Theresa Happe's discussion Looking for someone to switch my site for ning 3.0
"I managed to leave my perfect 3.0 network and all the features it suits me, so do not have to compl…"
Saturday
More…