Current status of the Ning Platform is always available on the Ning Status Blog.

Forum

Mobile App integration

I signed up for Mobile Roadie system as this is what I understood was a seemless integration with my NING site. I have placed my API protocols in their Core program and I find out that the only thing syncing is my site pictures and news. People that join my app can not input their BxRecords Sign In Protocols for my site and fully integrate with it.

I figured they would be able to leave a comment in the app it would sync with the site, so they can always be updated by my news and the pics on the go. I contacted the support section of Mobile Roadie and they seem to hint that this is a NING issue.

If the Mobile integration is not fully ready you should not advertise it to us yet. I don't know if I should have submitted this as a ticket, but let me know something as I have already invested in this project and am in to deep to turn back now. And of course if I misunderstood something set me straight.

You need to be a member of Ning Creators Network to add comments!

Join Ning Creators Network

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• Hey, Alliance. Sorry to hear you're having trouble. I wasn't aware of any issues, but please do submit this as a ticket so we can route it to someone who can look into the technical details. 

• Thanks Eric

• I have the same issue

• Im starting to get frustrated because I spent out to promote this thing, I was getting flyers, stickers, word of mouth, etc. I even dipped in my personal savings to complete and now im stuck. I tried to reach out to the app people they say its NING, then Ning says its the app people. Bottomline I have not gotten a promised return phone call or email from either company and im trying to be patient. ( just to clarify Ning only has known for 4 days, the app people have known for a month.)

Can anyone give me what I was promised?

• Working on it, Alliance. I have Andy's ticket number. Can you share yours with me? Appreciate it. 

• I quoted this number to my guy. 5004000000G6hRH He said this was wrong. But found it under my site name.
    www.BxRecords.com
  • Today is my event, It doesn't look like I will have a solution today but can someone tell me the direction we are going in. Or at least what the talks are looking like between the companies? I need to know what Im gonna say tonight.

Will I say these features will be available soon? Or should I pass of as a typo?

• I am starting to think there is a major messup here between Mobile Roadie and NING and things do not work as advertised.

I think the main idea was to have 2 networks that don't talk to each other.  So I have a Web world and a phone world, no way to join the two in any aspect, Comments or picture uploads. Only the mobile reads the web but there is no "SYNC". Its more like a "Info PULL"

• I finally received an email from Mobile Roadie this is what was said.

As I stated earlier, the two do not connect. The Ning integration gives you the ability to share photos and blog content between your Ning page and your app.

From his convo above this implies a one way street from site to app.

Well, someone needs to tell Mobile Roadie that the problems start with the wording on this page. https://mobileroadie.com/home/why_moro/key_partnerships 

It states

Through our partnership with Ning Everywhere, you're able to easily allow content to flow from your Mobile Roadie app to your Ning Network, and vice versa. Simply sign in to your Mobile Roadie account, click on the Ning sidebar item, enter your credentials, choose which content you want to sync and personalize the user sign in message. Once enabled, new member photos and blog posts added to your Ning Network will automatically appear in your Mobile Roadie app. In addition, your members can sign in with their Ning accounts inside your Mobile Roadie app, allowing them to automatically sync their event photos to their Ning profiles. With Ning and Mobile Roadie, your social network is now mobile.

Whether done on purpose or not this is where the confusion begins. Now If NING is going to open the API like everyone and their momma wants maybe we can move forward.

Not saying that with attitude, just pointing out that you have guidelines and rules you setup.

• I need to look into this a bit more, Alliance. Appreciate your patience. 

This reply was deleted.

Search the Creators Network

Latest Activity

Zachary Moonshine replied to soaringeagle's discussion ning to jamroom just got eassier and more powerful
"and 48 hours is very impressive man !"
5 minutes ago
Zachary Moonshine replied to soaringeagle's discussion ning to jamroom just got eassier and more powerful
"that's a pretty cool site dude !"
7 minutes ago
Anant Garg replied to Anant Garg's discussion CometChat Network Edition now available for NING
"Please email the support team at (help@cometchat.com) and they will get back to you."
2 hours ago
Anant Garg replied to Anant Garg's discussion CometChat Network Edition now available for NING
"I've checked with the team and they have replied regarding this. Please email them if you still fac…"
2 hours ago
Nawal Kumar is now a member of Hire a Creator
3 hours ago
Nawal Kumar left a comment for Nawal Kumar
"We need a web designer in Mumbai to develop our website. Contact Nawal Kumar at Mumbai 9323757275"
3 hours ago
soaringeagle replied to soaringeagle's discussion ning to jamroom just got eassier and more powerful
"and..i just posted an event a goal of  going live by new years eve..
if not then then very near then"
7 hours ago
Rob Nanya replied to Rob Nanya's discussion Any simple way to put the site offline?
"Sounds good.  I'm used to other CMSs like Joomla where you can take your site offline with a click…"
9 hours ago
Kos replied to Rob Nanya's discussion Any simple way to put the site offline?
"I never worry about the other pages - 99.9% of people wouldn't know how to enter a URL to find them…"
9 hours ago
Kos replied to Rob Nanya's discussion Any simple way to put the site offline?
"Do you not want members to even access it?
If you just wish visitors not to be able to view, I woul…"
9 hours ago
Az'ya replied to Az'ya's discussion How do I place the google custom search box in a sidebar module?
"Thanks Kos... yes, it's been a disappointment that there is no internal search. I've opted out of u…"
12 hours ago
Rob Nanya replied to Rob Nanya's discussion how to change style/color of single module?
"Sure, if you go to http://preserve.ning.com/ homepage there is the UTube module and the Blog module…"
12 hours ago
Rob Nanya replied to Rob Nanya's discussion Can't use footer - greyed out
"CORRECTION:Just tried it in Firefox and it worked.  Was using Chrome all the time and no go on that…"
12 hours ago
Rob Nanya replied to Rob Nanya's discussion Can't use footer - greyed out
"When I click on those boxes nothing pops-up.  No Content Settings box comes up.  I think that's whe…"
12 hours ago
Antonio Ancelmo Matos Santos is now a member of Tips and advice.
13 hours ago
John Bizley replied to George H. Compton IV's discussion A tip all Ning3 networks can benefit from. "fluid YouTube, Slideshare & Vimeo Videos"
"Nice one George that's a great update :-)"
15 hours ago
George H. Compton IV replied to George H. Compton IV's discussion A tip all Ning3 networks can benefit from. "fluid YouTube, Slideshare & Vimeo Videos"
"Update!! This code now supports slideshare presentations. If there's any certain type of video play…"
15 hours ago
George H. Compton IV replied to John Bizley's discussion My Completed Video List Page and Main Viewing Page
"You're welcome John.I'll try to write something for that no guarantees though.
By the way I just up…"
16 hours ago
Thomas C Walker left a comment for carol
"Thank you for the Welcome Carol!"
16 hours ago
Thomas C Walker left a comment for Star-Dust
"Thank you for the Welcome!"
16 hours ago
More…