Current status of the Ning Platform is always available on the Ning Status Blog.

UPDATE

All the code I used has now been added here : POPUP CODE VIA BIZZS SITE

Check out the about section as it will show you what get's added to the popup when clicked.

Now we have the new Video feature I thought I would try having a video pop from the activity feed. this way you can stay on the activity feed page but still be able to view a video that's been posted, commented on or liked. You can try it out on my site by clicking on one of the videos in the activity feed. Let me know how it works for you, I tested on various devices and so far all works well but some input if not working for you and the issue would be helpful. When you click on a video it will load in about the same time as it would if you went to the video page, but this way allows you to stay on the same page so you do not have to click back on the homepage to get back to the activity feed again.

A member can still comment and like on the video the same as when in the main video page.

Here is a link to my site: http://bizzssite.ning.com/

And here is a screenshot.

Thanks

John :-)

You need to be a member of Ning Creators Social Network to add comments!

Join Ning Creators Social Network

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• NC for Hire

Outstanding idea!  Great implementation John!

• Thanks JF, just updated it a little more so it works ok on the members page activity now. One more addition will be to add a button so you can add a video here as well. Once done and not reported issues come in from anyone then I will share how I did it and all the code I used.

John :-)

• This is now also working for displaying the photos inside it :-)

• NC for Hire

Beautiful!   Excited to see how you pulled it all together

• Thanks :-) , Just a few small tweaks to do then will post how it was all done. Will add the code to a blog on my site then link to it as may be easier to copy that way.

• NC for Hire

Awesome work!

• Thanks Garfield :-)

• This now includes the status comments, normally if you click on the comments link it opens another page to view them but now they open in this new box.

I also removed all the comments on the activity feed when someone post a reply to a status comment and only show the latest one in the feed. You can try it as added a lot of test comments to a status post test.

• NC for Hire

Amazing work, bud!

• Thanks JF, you may have noticed the email is now working inside this to. So you can write or read emails anywhere on the site without leaving the page you are on.

This reply was deleted.

Some interesting articles related to community management, digital marketing etc. could be found in our digest. Don't hesitate to leave a feedback so we would know that we should continue :-)

Latest Activity

LEO Mobile App Builder updated their profile
Tuesday
Aase Lillian replied to Aase Lillian's discussion
Community - activity page
"Ok, thank you. Please send me details as I have no idea on how to do it. "
Mar 19
Aase Lillian and ⚡JFarrow⌁ are now friends
NC for Hire
Mar 19
⚡JFarrow⌁ updated their profile photo
Mar 18
⚡JFarrow⌁ replied to Aase Lillian's discussion
Community - activity page
"Yes you can add emojis to your community pretty much anywhere you like.
If you need some help…"
Mar 18
Aase Lillian updated their profile
Mar 18
Aase Lillian posted a discussion
Hi all. Is it possible to add emojis to the community? I also wish the activity page to include…
Mar 18
Donna MacShoe updated their profile photo
Mar 6
Adul Rodri is now friends with ANGE.L LUAR and Margarida Maria Madruga
Feb 14
Shweta Sharma updated their profile
Jan 26
catherine martin updated their profile
Jan 16
Donna MacShoe updated their profile photo
Jan 15
More…