Now if NING could revamp to include a more modern look and features with a few add-ons it would be the top Network Provider out there =]
Replies are closed for this discussion.
Epic huh? LOL
Thanks! I think it would give NING a more organized and shiny look =]
Very interesting, Jords! Thanks for this.
What would the "Maybe Option" for events do behind the curtains?
No problem! It just gives the creators an idea of how many people may come.
This is good i like it
Thanks! Any thoughts toward the designs of either of the screenshots?
Yeah i like the idea of tabs for profile, groups and events. Above all we need the ability to add VIDEOS, PHOTOS, EVENTS FOR GROUPS.
Yes! We absolutely need to be able to add features into groups! This will allow to make a more interactive sub-community within a community!
My view of Ning 2.0
The current Ning layout is okay and should not be changed, i just feel the only thing lacking is
1. An improvement on groups to include VIDEOS, PHOTOS, EVENTS.
2. The Activity feed with top news is a great idea but what is needed is notifications for in line comments, likes and shares. Maybe the ability to setup main page activity feed to include "Friends only feed" is desirable but this should be optional that can be turned on and off.
3. We need categories for groups, blogs and events just as we currently have this in forums. I think it will be great that the proposed new member category feature be some how integrated to members accessibility rights, lets say user A is under "Category 1", it will be good to set up videos, groups categories to align with members categories so that members of a particular category can be restricted to view a particular videos, blogs or events categories. In addition i will propose that the new member category be integrated with paid access.
4. The leaderboard module lacks activity points and rewards, this should be included to make the leaderboard module more beneficial to networks and truly boost member engagement.
I hope Ning considers this suggestions as we build the best social platform.
1. Very hopeful for features in groups this year!!
2. Sooooooo would love a friends only feed. Some people don't want the whole network intel even if it is a niche network. The friends only feed would be great!
3. Glad that Categories are coming! Heck yes! It will be epic when its integrated with accessibility rights and pay walls. Would help with moderation too!
4. If it was like the scripts-4-Ning points and ranking scrip that would be epic. Doubt they will expand on that though :/ however to build it would be great innovation!