Current status of the Ning Platform is always available on the Ning Status Blog.

Forum

Ning 2011 Roadmap

Welcome to the Ning Roadmap! First, let me introduce myself. I'm Jonathan Shambroom, Chief Product Officer at Ning, in my fourth month here and loving it.

2011 ushers in a new era of communication from Ning to you, our customers, and it includes a six month view of our roadmap. The Roadmap page is now a permanent resource where you’ll be able to see what’s coming up next, big and small. The projects are listed in their general intended release order, though these will inevitably move around a bit.  (When they do, I’ll let you know). At the end of every quarter I’ll add to the roadmap the next set of major initiatives so there is always a 6 month window of insight and you can know what to expect on your networks. Each of these projects will link to individual posts on the Ning Blog and Ning Creators where we’ll provide a greater level of detail.

The driving force behind our roadmap is to build the very best product for you. If we succeed at that, and you are delighted with our service, and your communities are thriving, the Ning business will similarly thrive. Our roadmap is a balance between improving your existing experience today with current features and introducing new, innovative dimensions to your communities. Our roadmap reflects a few other balances as well. We have resources dedicated to our backend, performance, and scale, while other teams are working on our feature set. With every feature, we consider how to make it work for our loyal, long-time users who are accustomed to Ning today as well as for the brand new users of tomorrow.

Lastly, I’ll share with you my top level thinking on our product, chiefly that it empowers you to do four major things: 1) Customize your sites, 2) Build vibrant and engaged communities,  3) Manage and moderate, and 4) (Finally!) Earn revenue from your site if you so choose.  Our plan is highly informed by your feedback, so please keep it coming – via the Creators site, our Help Center, and your participation in product surveys.

I look forward to the year ahead with you!

You need to be a member of Ning Creators Network to add comments!

Join Ning Creators Network

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• Thank you Jonathan, good to meet you. I like the sound of this!
  • WOOT!!
  • Pleased to make your acquaintance Jonathan. Thank you for this discussion.
  • This is it.  Thanks to all members of the Ning team!  While some have some gripes etc.  (rightfully or not),  I believe you are doing a stellar job.

• What he said!
    • lol i love that pic too COOL !
  • Everything sounds great! I can't wait! BTW will there be a way to keep members from taking over our old networks that we closed down? Mine is SUPPOSED to be deleted but it isn't yet. I combined them with my current network, so I'd be understandably upset if someone brought it back.
    • Hi Janettee.  It will never be possible for anyone to bring back a network that you started without your explicit approval.  So if you don't want it to happen, it won't.
      • Thank you, that makes me feel a LOT better:)
      • i want to advertise but i don`t know how for creating rotating ads and banners is ever-present.  I hope somebody can find me javascript code,

like this example (www.ning.com)

This reply was deleted.

Search the Creators Network

Latest Activity

Jevante Qirashawn replied to Eric Odom's discussion 94,000 members, $1,200 a year for Ning... and Ning seems to be AWOL.
"Well Said..."
2 hours ago
Jevante Qirashawn replied to Kerrie's discussion Help I can’t access my network or blogs
"Can't assess "my network" also."
2 hours ago
Jevante Qirashawn left a comment for Jevante Qirashawn
"I will like more information on how to upgrade to ning 3.0"
2 hours ago
M.Tariq Malik replied to Kerrie's discussion Help I can’t access my network or blogs
"A lot of mess on the site still ...."
3 hours ago
Kerrie replied to Kerrie's discussion Help I can’t access my network or blogs
"Still can not access blogs and network tab"
4 hours ago
dave replied to Ning's discussion Introducing Activity Feed Improvements, Including Member Status Updates
"Events is a high priority for many networks."
5 hours ago
dave replied to George H. Compton IV's discussion ( 11 themes N3 & N2 ) Customizable CSS winter/holiday themes
"Nice work George :-) I'm looking forward to using one of these, There all good hard to make my mind…"
6 hours ago
George H. Compton IV replied to George H. Compton IV's discussion ( TIP N3 & N2 ) Chatwing fixed chatbox v4.2
"Thank you, JF. It's probably one of the best tips I've put up LOL :-)"
7 hours ago
George H. Compton IV replied to Zachary Moonshine's discussion Does anyone know how i can upload my own fonts to my network?
"I was hoping to find a copy of that on font Google fonts, but to know prevail. You can try it like…"
7 hours ago
JFarrow replied to George H. Compton IV's discussion ( TIP N3 & N2 ) Chatwing fixed chatbox v4.2
"Wow.. nice work!  Great Thinkin GC!!"
7 hours ago
Zachary Moonshine replied to Zachary Moonshine's discussion Does anyone know how i can upload my own fonts to my network?
"@font-face { font-family: myFont; src: url(http://api.ning.com:80/files/bxro-84u7tLz-FrWWKhVs5hJluK…"
8 hours ago
JFarrow replied to JFarrow's discussion Tip: How to Embed Flipboard Into Ning N3/N2
"np GC!"
8 hours ago
JFarrow replied to JFarrow's discussion Tip: How to Embed Flipboard Into Ning N3/N2
"My pleasure FT...kinda opens a few doors huh.."
8 hours ago
George H. Compton IV replied to George H. Compton IV's discussion ( TIP N3 & N2 ) Chatwing fixed chatbox v4.2
"Thank you Dave :-) here's another button you guys can try out. It's pretty cool. A little round dot…"
8 hours ago
"Thank you John :-) you have a wonderful evening"
8 hours ago
George H. Compton IV replied to JFarrow's discussion Tip: How to Embed Flipboard Into Ning N3/N2
"This is cool thank you for sharing  JFarrow :-)"
8 hours ago
Nelson Freytes replied to Nelson Freytes's discussion Using Ning 3 as a news publishing network
"Hi JFarrow,
Could you send me some sample sites? We'd be starting in early 2015, but I'd like to sh…"
9 hours ago
Fire-Tech replied to JFarrow's discussion Tip: How to Embed Flipboard Into Ning N3/N2
"+1. I have thought about this a few times. Will have to dig in. Thanks for sharing man."
9 hours ago
JFarrow replied to Nelson Freytes's discussion Using Ning 3 as a news publishing network
"Yes, Ning3 is a wonderful solution for this.  Combining the power of Ning with various 3rd party ap…"
11 hours ago
dave replied to George H. Compton IV's discussion ( TIP N3 & N2 ) Chatwing fixed chatbox v4.2
"This is terrific work George and looks fantastic, It's another great adaptation to the Ning 3 and 2…"
11 hours ago
More…