The end of 2012 is closing in fast and it’s been quite the year at NING. Just look at this list of what has been accomplished:
- Email & IP Banning at Sign-up
- Ning Mobile
- Additional Invite Services: Facebook, Linkedin, and Windows Live
- Profile Question Limit Raised
- Removal of Standard Broadcast Message Header
- New Sign-Up Options
- Detail Pages For Status Updates
- Member Categories & Badges
- Moderate Forum
- Activity Feed UI Clean-Up
- RSS Feeds in Network Activity Feed
- Twitter Search in Social Feeds & New Activity Indicator
- Chat Product Finalization and Updates.
- Improved Member Management Interface
- Top News added to Latest Activity Feed
And big decisions:
- NC’s For Hire
- Changes to the NING Mini Plan
- Creators Digest is now Every Other Week
- Ning Creators Gets a MakeOver
- Updated Ning logo in network footer
- Brand New Help Center
- EU Cookie Directive
- Removal of Networks that Never Purchased a NING Plan
- NING TOS Changes
Wow, that’s quite a bit of success for this year! Good job NING!
Well the Roadmap still has some items on it and whether or not they will be finished before the year-end we are unaware, but that can’t stop us from wishing away for 2013! What would you love to see developed on NING in 2013 in addition to what’s on the current Roadmap?
- On-Site Notifications – Similar concept to Facebook
- Profile Page update – Make it look more classy, sleek, and new layout options.
- Friends only activity feed
- Updated Photo and Video player so they can be accessed via mobile
Just a few of my big dreams! J