Current status of the Ning Platform is always available on the Ning Status Blog.

Forum

NING 2012 Recap: Wishing in 2013!

The end of 2012 is closing in fast and it’s been quite the year at NING. Just look at this list of what has been accomplished:

• Email & IP Banning at Sign-up
  • Privacy Policy Feature
  • Ning Mobile
  • Additional Invite Services: Facebook, Linkedin, and Windows Live
  • Profile Question Limit Raised
  • Removal of Standard Broadcast Message Header
  • New Sign-Up Options
  • Detail Pages For Status Updates
  • Member Categories & Badges
  • Moderate Forum
  • Activity Feed UI Clean-Up
  • RSS Feeds in Network Activity Feed
  • Twitter Search in Social Feeds & New Activity Indicator
  • Chat Product Finalization and Updates.
  • Improved Member Management Interface
  • Top News added to Latest Activity Feed

And big decisions:

• NC’s For Hire
  • Changes to the NING Mini Plan
  • Creators Digest is now Every Other Week
  • Ning Creators Gets a MakeOver
  • Updated Ning logo in network footer
  • Brand New Help Center
  • EU Cookie Directive
  • Removal of Networks that Never Purchased a NING Plan
  • NING TOS Changes

Wow, that’s quite a bit of success for this year! Good job NING!

Well the Roadmap still has some items on it and whether or not they will be finished before the year-end we are unaware, but that can’t stop us from wishing away for 2013! What would you love to see developed on NING in 2013 in addition to what’s on the current Roadmap?

My Dreams:

• On-Site Notifications – Similar concept to Facebook
  • Profile Page update – Make it look more classy, sleek, and new layout options.
  • Friends only activity feed
  • Updated Photo and Video player so they can be accessed via mobile

Just a few of my big dreams! J

You need to be a member of Ning Creators Network to add comments!

Join Ning Creators Network

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I expect that File Manager and Video Direct UpLoad features will be made available to Ning Plus.

• Good one. I expect to see a ""people you may know"" feature introduced on ning. This will make it easy for people to easily create their own circle of friends and get a good reason to come back after signing up.

• NC for Hire

on most networks i think this would be a wasted feature. on facebook et al this works because there are millions of people, but on most Nings where numbers equal hundreds, i'm not sure this is a worthwhile use of development time?

• You have a good point. I guess we can keep it for the near future.

• Actually I see a ton of value in this - if you have a truly focused network, then there's no reason why this shouldn't work..

• Neat idea. I'm with SweetPotato on this one. Maybe if it showed other users who answered questions the same and displayed people to follow with similar interests, it may work better.

• +1 People you may know option would be wonderful.

Also, Notifications, friends only activity feed and categories for forums and videos. As for photos, it would be great if we can add photos directly to albums 'before' uploading the photos rather than afterwards. Just a couple of things I would like to see first in 2013. Before closing though, I would like to thank Ning and especially Eric for a fantabulous 2012!

• Pump up on-site notifications for sure! That would declutter my mailbox quite a bit lol :)

• You mean categories for groups this is something we need

• I already have this, quite easy to do, just use FlashVortex free or not free depending on whether you wish the logo off.

I have a top tab that says "Group Index", and that is where it is  with categories and it lists all my groups under each category.

This reply was deleted.

Search the Creators Network

Latest Activity

Zachary Moonshine replied to Jason Divozzo's discussion Tagging members
"It would also be realy really cool to have a button everywhere we go on the net that would enable u…"
1 hour ago
Kos replied to Thisisbully's discussion This Is 50 Words To Ning
"smh"
3 hours ago
Fire-Tech replied to Thisisbully's discussion This Is 50 Words To Ning
"Wow! Mine are up, but I am getting friend requests from myself. And after all these years, I though…"
4 hours ago
Fire-Tech replied to Jason Divozzo's discussion Tagging members
"+1"
4 hours ago
Thiago Santos de Moraes replied to Andrzej Góralczyk's discussion 500 Unexpected Error for some hours
"All is well now in my community. Thanks Ning for the efficient assistance!"
5 hours ago
Violeta replied to Ángeles Saura's discussion ¿Es obligatorio evolucionar al formato ning 3.0? in Ning Networks en español
"Hola! Nosotras tampoco teniamos previsto migrar por las mismas cuestiones que comentas aqui Ángeles…"
6 hours ago
Strumelia replied to Jeffrey Haskins's discussion Jamroom?
"Well I'm not going to keep debating with you about it forever Jeffrey, but I think you are characte…"
6 hours ago
lorianne replied to Andrzej Góralczyk's discussion 500 Unexpected Error for some hours
"Oursalon.ning.com has the same issue."
7 hours ago
Jeffrey Haskins replied to Jeffrey Haskins's discussion Jamroom?
"Actually have had no help at all...only pointing me away to other sources for help.  Yes, this is o…"
7 hours ago
Gina Garcia replied to Andrzej Góralczyk's discussion 500 Unexpected Error for some hours
"My Ning network LaMesaToday.com is still down."
8 hours ago
George H. Compton IV replied to George H. Compton IV's discussion ( TIP N3 & N2 ) Chatwing fixed chatbox v4.3
"Zachary if it wasn't for you asking me to do this. The members here on creators would not have a pr…"
8 hours ago
Jords replied to Thisisbully's discussion This Is 50 Words To Ning
"Same here, this is downright irritating."
8 hours ago
The Periled Sea replied to Andrzej Góralczyk's discussion 500 Unexpected Error for some hours
"Exactly.. I wasn't even really upset until I got that stoopid response.. its bad enough they waste…"
9 hours ago
The Periled Sea replied to Boris Agranovich's discussion 500: Unexpected Error
"It looks like they have taken off for their holiday and are not concerned about the people paying t…"
9 hours ago
The Periled Sea replied to Thisisbully's discussion This Is 50 Words To Ning
"our site has been down since last night.. "
9 hours ago
Strumelia replied to willowing's discussion URGENT - 500 Error
"I'm betting Ning is aware of this issue since it seems to be affecting a bunch of people.  I hope y…"
9 hours ago
Strumelia replied to Boris Agranovich's discussion 500: Unexpected Error
"Maybe no one at the Ning/Glam office on Thanksgiving?"
9 hours ago
Strumelia replied to Hugh's discussion AnotherError 500 Message
"Ning's not saying I guess."
9 hours ago
Strumelia replied to Andrzej Góralczyk's discussion 500 Unexpected Error for some hours
"Domain name problem?  Everyone at the same time?  Baloney."
9 hours ago
The Periled Sea replied to Boris Agranovich's discussion 500: Unexpected Error
"Our site has been down since last night with a response from ning this am that it could be due to o…"
9 hours ago
More…