Current status of the Ning Platform is always available on the Ning Status Blog.

Forum

Hello Creators! Does anyone know if it's possible to move the label created with the text badge in members categories below the pictures? Now they overlay with the pics hiding half of it. 

NOW:

Desired:

thank you in advance.

You need to be a member of Ning Creators Social Network to add comments!

Join Ning Creators Social Network

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Hmmm I know you can shrink them to 66% which places the box below the image but shrinking the overall appearance is not what you're trying to do.  I'm sorry but I'm going to follow your conversation and see if anyone with more experience comes up with a solution.  Guys?  Gals?

• Hi, thank you for the reply. Uhm im not sure I know what shrinking it to 66% would look like, do you have a sample screen to post?
      • Well, here's what it looks like but they turn out off center and don't have the best (natural) appearance.  You want the actual bottom portion pushed lower, below the box.  If you'd like to try it yourself, insert this code in your CSS area and take a look.

/* small group photos */
        [class*="matrix-media-"] {width: 66%;}

I'll try to work on it further when I'm off work but it's hard to play around much while I'm working.  Don't give up!  lol

• ps - click the image to enlarge :)

• Thanks, I'll never give up . I must say you trick doesn't look so bad, I will try. If anyone has better suggestion please step forward xp
  • NC for Hire

Give this a try. Be sure to check all devices. Add this CSS to your Custom CSS Box:

.avatar-badgeText  {
        position:relative!important;
        margin-top:0px!important;
    }

• Hi Jen, your solution absolutely rocks! thank you so much!

May I ask you to take a look to my network? (www.community.collengworld.com) I'd love your feedbacks about it. I'm sure there is something I can improve, both for site css, codes etc, and contents.

Below a pic of the result.
      Really, thank you.

• NC for Hire

Giovanni,

Your site is nice and clean. I don't favor the full width sites. But, it works for what you've done, IMHO. I think you've done a nice job.

You might want to center videos - - the ones you've added in text boxes. Just throw in a center like this:

<p align="center"><iframe width="853" height="480" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/inTJplrQ2Q4?rel=0" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0"></iframe></p>

And, you might try adding a simple line divider (bottom-border) between each blog post.

.blogSection-entry {
            border-bottom:1px dashed #e6e6e6;
        }

If you ever need professional design work or in-depth CSS, give me a holler: http://jencreative.co/

Best,

Jen

• Hi Jen,
      I just noticed that If I extend the text lenght (from "Junior" to "Professional Junior") it' will stay on 1 line with the result below. Is it possible to force it to stay on the pic width and go on 2 lines or more if needed?

• NC for Hire

Giovanni,

I couldn't get any of my tricks to work, not sure why.

Best,

Jen

This reply was deleted.

Search the Creators Network

Latest Activity

Thisisbully replied to Kyryl_Ning_Support's discussion Chat Feature Update on Ning 3.0 is ready!
"How often will we have to deal with this chat being down ? It's been down for a few hours "
16 minutes ago
J.Ayvar replied to Kyryl_Ning_Support's discussion Paid Access demo version
"I totally agree with with Jords and Alex ! 
Our company has managed 15 Ning projects on the last fo…"
1 hour ago
Ceddy J replied to Kyryl_Ning_Support's discussion Chat Feature Update on Ning 3.0 is ready!
"So it just dawned on me that you're a CSS Maestro! Impressed by your chops."
7 hours ago
Kyryl_Ning_Support replied to Kyryl_Ning_Support's discussion Chat Feature Update on Ning 3.0 is ready!
"Hi there!
Here is what I have been able to do. all the following code sould be put in custom CSS fi…"
7 hours ago
Ning via Facebook

#Ning #search #news The long-awaited Search Option on Ning 3.0 is here! We are happy to…

Kos replied to Kyryl_Ning_Support's discussion The long-awaited Search Option is now at your fingertips!
"We've been waiting for years................Thank you (new) Ning!  Keep those improvements coming. "
8 hours ago
Kos replied to Kyryl_Ning_Support's discussion Chat Feature Update on Ning 3.0 is ready!
"YAYYYYY!  It's back!  The small chat in the corner is entirely too small for us - nothing is better…"
8 hours ago
Kyryl_Ning_Support replied to Kyryl_Ning_Support's discussion Chat Feature Update on Ning 3.0 is ready!
"IMPORTANT UPDATE!
If you are using the domain mapping it's necessary to use the custom domain name…"
9 hours ago
"Hi Kos!
Regarding the Url to embed. Please check the third page with comments under this post. I ha…"
9 hours ago
Ceddy J replied to Kyryl_Ning_Support's discussion Chat Feature Update on Ning 3.0 is ready!
"Oh yes I love it the bubble! I live my life in a bubble lol."
9 hours ago
Kos replied to Kyryl_Ning_Support's discussion Chat Feature Update on Ning 3.0 is ready!
"Kyryl you must be the magic charm because low and behold......the sound began working today.  *lol*…"
9 hours ago
Ceddy J replied to Kyryl_Ning_Support's discussion The long-awaited Search Option is now at your fingertips!
"One recommendation is the advanced search filter like 2.0. This will allow for a great compliment t…"
9 hours ago
Jords replied to Kyryl_Ning_Support's discussion Paid Access demo version
"Thanks for passing this on Kyryl. :)"
9 hours ago
Kyryl_Ning_Support replied to Kyryl_Ning_Support's discussion Free Groups and Events Features for Ning 2.0 Mini plan!
"Hi Thiago,
I see that you have posted this suggestion everywhere you've been able to :-)
No worries…"
9 hours ago
Jords replied to Kyryl_Ning_Support's discussion The long-awaited Search Option is now at your fingertips!
"Excellent! To bad it's not July, because with these updates, it feels like Christmas!"
9 hours ago
Kyryl_Ning_Support replied to Kyryl_Ning_Support's discussion Paid Access demo version
"Hi there!
The paid access will be granting the access to the certain content for the paid members,…"
9 hours ago
Kyryl_Ning_Support replied to Kyryl_Ning_Support's discussion Paid Access demo version
"Hi Dan,
I'm sorry to say this but we already have necessary amount of beta testers :-(
But anyway t…"
9 hours ago
Kyryl_Ning_Support replied to Yana Ning Support's discussion Product Plan Update
"Hi there!
We have just run the test and chat seems to be working fine. Please try clear cache and c…"
10 hours ago
Kyryl_Ning_Support replied to Yana Ning Support's discussion Product Plan Update
"Hi there!
I have posted your suggestion to change the layout of the chat and left the same function…"
10 hours ago
Paul Corona replied to Dr. Krishna Kumari Challa's discussion I am unable to find discussions on my network when I search. Any solutions?
"I have this code on our main page as a search function that works well:
<form target="_new" action=…"
10 hours ago
More…