Hi

I feel that I will waste my ressources if i use longer than necessary NING as a provider for my open social network. I know that NING promised that we can migrate from NING and that they will gives us a TAR file which can be used to save the content of my network. In this case I am a total newbie and do not what what I have to expect as this file. How to handle this - are there any tutorial videos which will explain me how to re-install these xml files with a community builder by boonex or JomSocial. Any suggestions?

Thanks,
J.

Tags: how-to, migration

Views: 476

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

I can't say for sure, but if you can submit a Help Center ticket, we can have someone look into it for you.

RSS

What's Up With Ning 3.0?

Click here to share your thoughts on what features we should develop next! - Survey will close Friday, 4/25

Projects that the Ning 3.0 Team is currently working on: 

Articles - a new way of organizing longer content pieces. Released 4/16.

Activity Feed Updates - options for more content in the activity feed.

Forum Notifications - ability for members to opt into receiving notifications of new discussions in forums. Released 4/9. 

APIs - The ability to create new members and content programatically.

For more information on what's next, visit the Product Roadmap

Latest Activity

Jeffrey Haskins replied to Phil McCluskey's discussion 'Introducing Articles and the Author Bio Box'
"Sounds about right"
26 minutes ago
Strumelia replied to Phil McCluskey's discussion 'Introducing Articles and the Author Bio Box'
"Well i suppose we could speculate endlessly...."
29 minutes ago
Stelios Karavias replied to Phil McCluskey's discussion 'Introducing Articles and the Author Bio Box'
"For another "vids" already embedded in a 2.0 network are in many ways like pages.…"
32 minutes ago
soaringeagle replied to Phil McCluskey's discussion 'Introducing Articles and the Author Bio Box'
"i could definately see that  for search anyways but also keep in mind complexity  and…"
47 minutes ago
Strumelia replied to Phil McCluskey's discussion 'Introducing Articles and the Author Bio Box'
"I'm wondering about that, Stelios.  But Ning will have to explain if that is really so in…"
52 minutes ago
Strumelia replied to Alexander's discussion 'Goodbye for now.'
"Oh man.   Another bright and creative one leaving.   So sorry to see you…"
56 minutes ago
Stelios Karavias replied to Phil McCluskey's discussion 'Introducing Articles and the Author Bio Box'
"Strumelia, just a thought here. It is not unusual in developing a system, that some things have to…"
59 minutes ago
Strumelia replied to Enrrico Torres's discussion 'Want to remove powered by from footer'
"Crystal, here's my problem with this setup, and I admit I'm miffed about it- On my 2.0,…"
1 hour ago

© 2014   Created by Ning.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service