Current status of the Ning Platform is always available on the Ning Status Blog.

Forum

NC for Hire

Ning, please...

Dear Mode Media - Ning Management Team,

Please share some positive information on this site. It wouldn't take much to let everyone know that all is well and on track. Corporations pay 10s of 1000s to prevent the type of negative feedback that is being offered on Creators.ning.com. I am the first to stand against negativity, I hope. But, I can't blame fellow NCs for being frustrated, feeling lost, and quite frankly feeling a bit betrayed. Please. You have a grand opportunity here to make this right. It won't cost you a penny. Just give us some positive feedback, of any kind. That's all we ask. And, I do believe this would make the grand majority feel much better about the current status of the Ning 3.0 platform.

Now, for what I feel. I have no doubts that everything will be just fine, you will deliver, and all will be well. However, to witness what's happening on this site is very troublesome.

Please, Ning, offer something - - even if it's a "We'll update the masses every 2 weeks."

Sincerely,

Jen

You need to be a member of Ning Creators Network to add comments!

Join Ning Creators Network

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• refresh usually clears it away.  I would imagine all of this ties to the activity feed changes coming

• This reply was deleted.
          • tried joomla years ago for a project never could get it working right  and couldnt get thge support i needed for even a simple thing and gave up

• is that a vps or dedicated or cloud thats a great price for 12 gigs of ram  but i giotta wonder if theres some other limitations since its way way less then 1/2 whsat most hosts charge for way way less..like 2-4 gigs  and 4 cpus is usualy like 95+  is it managed or totally unsupported i had a nightmare using godaddy vps cause it crashed every 2 minutes and there was zero support  now im on adiferent vps at 97 a mointh but its managed with excelent support  and thats well worth the price 40 a month and 12 gigs ram is it configured right  or keep it running even an hour

just saying the privce seems fishy

• looks like its joomla and wordpreess only with only a single site running on a account and if thats true 12 gigs is insane unless u giot a site thats getting millions of hits a day or even hour

i bet all of ning every last ning site probably runs on 12-16 gigs..

if it is single site that explains the price and  then itrs not exactly cheap

• that really doesnt look worthwhile i mean i know your in development still but all i see is links to linkdn pages (signin page so no idea whats there) and a couple ads will there be more to it forums blogs  whatever..social interactions will u be able to map a domain (assume so) and import data..it doesnt look like a very impressive alternative

but will hold off on judgment for a more finished product

• well let me know if it works out i just rememberi was going to do  a collaborative site for rainbow hipstory the idea was that hipstorians could post  articles  others could post music and videos and it ciuld be a all in 1 place record of rainbow culture

but the simplest things wouldnt work..and sucked

iun articles u had to incert code where u wanted  to page break and insert a "read more" link but that reaf more/page break never worked right..at all

weeks  andweeks of frustration and searching help files and trying to get tech support i still couldnt hget that simple function to work and it was useless

besides expecting users with no coding experience to be able to use these codes properly even if i got them working was not likely

its not a user freindlgyt platfoerm especialy fromn the end users perspective

a cioder creator maybe..a user.,nope

but that was about 3 or 4 years back not sure how it is now

• technicaly yoiur not stopping payment your paying into an escrow account that will be released once the platforms ready

1 of my freinds is a law genius a coding genius and a ning creator (but not on creators) ill give her a call tonight and see what she thinks can be done

• John, this extract from the Ning TOS makes me shiver.

I am one of the thousands or millions that never take time to read every line on the terms of service before clicking on "Agree and continue."

To be honest, most people won't sign up if they took time to read clauses like the one quoted above.

So is there any clause on TOS that weighs in favor of customers? Just wondering.

Thanks for pointing this out John.

• You mean the reviews from former employees here?

Yes, I already mentioned the possibility of a class action suit a couple days ago right here on creators.  Not that I intend to initiate anything like that, I don't...but heck, the odds are that somebody's eventually going to get angry enough to start one. Seems more and more like Glam/Mode can't be bothered to pay attention.

Again I will mention jensocial.com and excreators.com  - it would be smart to bookmark those two sites just in case this creators site suddenly is mysteriously 'vaporized'.

• +1

This reply was deleted.

Search the Creators Network

Latest Activity

Suki Winthrop replied to Fabricio Giugni's discussion Ning 2.0 or Ning 3.0 ?
"Seems familiar.
Nothing much happenig in months,
little communication, still soo  outdated and lack…"
8 hours ago
Tom Whelan replied to David Carr's discussion Being a Ning Network could ruin the deal
"I agree George,
When it comes to actual livelihood and business professionalism, I need stability a…"
8 hours ago
Phil replied to Anna Ning Support's discussion Announcing Events for Ning 3.0
"I like to disable RSVPs because members rarely bother to RSVP. It gives a bad impression when you s…"
9 hours ago
Arman and Tom Whelan joined Ning Creators Network
11 hours ago
⚡JFarrow⌁ replied to Fabricio Giugni's discussion Ning 2.0 or Ning 3.0 ?
"Everything is starting to pick back up as best I can tell.  You are correct in thinking that you sh…"
yesterday
⚡JFarrow⌁ replied to David Carr's discussion Being a Ning Network could ruin the deal
"We can work this in several ways. Give me a call back to discuss..."
yesterday
Fabricio Giugni replied to Fabricio Giugni's discussion Ning 2.0 or Ning 3.0 ?
"How can we trust Ning now? Seems to be everything bad. "
yesterday
Beverly is now a member of Ning Creators Network
yesterday
Kyryl_Ning_Support replied to Fabricio Giugni's discussion Can we see and show member statics?
"Hi there,
Unfortunately, the leaderboards are not available on 3.0 platform.
However, we have fille…"
yesterday
Kyryl_Ning_Support replied to Yana Ning Support's discussion CAPTCHA - NO BOTS AND SPAMMY CONTENT
"Hi Dan,
As we can see you have resolved your issue the same day with our CS representative.
Best re…"
yesterday
Fire-Tech replied to Fire-Tech's discussion 3.0 Tip: Insert Image Into Signin Page
"Yeah, I'm still here in the shadows. Been working on other projects until Ning gets their act toget…"
yesterday
⚡JFarrow⌁ replied to Fire-Tech's discussion 3.0 Tip: Insert Image Into Signin Page
"time to reboot, homey!"
Tuesday
George Swann replied to Fabricio Giugni's discussion Ning 2.0 or Ning 3.0 ?
"All newly created Ning networks are 3.0 by default. You cannot create a new 2.0.
You can however bu…"
Monday
George Swann replied to David Carr's discussion Being a Ning Network could ruin the deal
"My question is this, can my network be moved off the Ning platform to another, one that would not b…"
Monday
Kyryl_Ning_Support replied to Fabricio Giugni's discussion What a special Member can DO?
"Hi Fabricio,
Unfortunately, the options that you have mentioned are not available on our platform.…"
Monday
Deb Della Piana is now a member of Ning Creators Network
Monday
Bizz ( John ) replied to Bizz ( John )'s discussion Re-size Avatars In Messages Table And Messages Detail
"You can adjust the sizes for the ningbar text and icons with just a little css. Just don't go to bi…"
Monday
Bizz ( John ) replied to Bizz ( John )'s discussion Adding Your Friends, Email notifications and SignOut,Sign in To Your Profile Page ( updated so these and the options, social links all inline to the left )
"That's great news your site is backup, any ideas what happened ?"
Sunday
More…