1. Comprehensive ability to sell ads direct--Design, upload, automatic renewing billing, stats on the back end (think Yahoo Store)
2. Allowing Google to index my blog posts on a restricted site, and then require registration to read more than the first 100 words.
3. Business directory / linking area with enhanced listings, automatic renewing billing, stats, etc.
4. see top 3
5. see top 3
Just my take on this for now. Keep up the good work.
I am returning to Ningdom after an absence of about a year. Client into WordPress. And then a tortuous adventure in to BuddyPress.
Is it possible that there is still no simple files feature, to place Word files, PDFs, et al?
Is there a plugin/app a 3rd party has done? Do Ning Creators hate such static things? Tell me it is under my nose and I just missed it! ; )
would like to see an option in the calender to repeat event. I have several events that i have to post weekly for the same events open gyms etc. for my network. It would be easier if i could just set a interval to run or repeat the event and have it set to launch at the end of the week for the following week without listing events for a year away. Like a campaign type feature i could set either start dates and end dates but for specfic days so it does not remain on my events list for months.
1. Activity commenting
2. Paid membership
3. Manuel and automatic newsletter function with last week blogs, videos ect.
4. Autoshare to more webservices (Digg, Stumble ect.)
5. Better SEO interface
1. Recurring Events Would be HUGE! We have a lot of businesses, entertainment venues, and artists that host weekly or bi-monthly events. It's very difficult to repost our own events every week, much less convince others to do the same.
2. Being able to send a status update from the mobile site. Many of our sponsors use ning as a multiple twitter, and facebook messaging tool for updates so being able to send updates on the go from the mobile site would be awesome.
3. Photo cropper for profile, event, and group picture. It would be nice to select which part of your picture becomes your square avatar, not a huge deal but would be nice :)
4. An email digest of top content that members are automatically opted-into but can also opt out of, could be great for user engagement. Currently doing these digests manually via the message broadcast system, very time- consuming.
5.Recurring Events, basically the biggest need still.