Current status of the Ning Platform is always available on the Ning Status Blog.

Forum

Paid Access 2017

Does anyone know if Ning is considering the Stripe payment gateway for the new Paid Access feature that they say will launch Q2 2017? In the past, Paid access was only compatible with Paypal, but Paypal requires that paying monthly site subscribers also sign up for a Paypal account. That's a major deterrent for potential subscribers. Stripe does not require monthly subscribers to sign up for Paypal. Does anyone else agree that Ning should launch the new Paid Access feature with Stripe compatibility in addition to Paypal?

-Aubrey

You need to be a member of Ning Creators Social Network to add comments!

Join Ning Creators Social Network

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• idk if Ning is considering Stripe or not but yes, a few of us have brought it up and I'm hoping they implement it.  PayPal is great but there certainly are visitors who don't want to sign up for an account.  Stripe makes it painless.

• I just added stripe payment using formget.com.

• Naveen, please tell me more. Were you able to integrate Stripe with your Ning site in a way that requires people to pay as part of the signup process? 

• Good point, Stripe is awesome. 

• Hi there,

We plan to initially release the PaidAccess for Ning 3.0 with PayPal and credit card support, however as we move on more and more payment methods will be supported. Currently, we are looking into more options so please stay tuned, as you can expect a preview of paid access with some insights in the nearest future.

Sincerely yours,

Ning Team.

• Thanks for the response Kyryl, but based on Ning's history of not launching things on time, I can't rely on your statement. For all we know, it will take you guys years to implement Stripe, or you'll never implement it at all. I think launching Paid Access with only Paypal is a huge mistake. I was really hoping all the updates Ning promised for Q1 would be reason enough for me to come back to Ning after five years of being away. But considering what I've seen and learned about Ning in the past week, I think I've decided to build my network with Moosocial. They aren't perfect, but they seem to be meeting a lot of the demands Ning is still failing to meet. 

• Hi there!

We do appreciate your feedback, yes we know that based on our history the people wouldn't expect a lot from us but we are trying our best to bring Ning back to life and as you may see our actions talking instead of us.

At the mean time, we are looking for beta testers of the paid access feature that we are going to release if you wish you can join. Here is the post about it http://creators.ning.com/announcements-from-ning/paid-access-demo-v...

Best regards,

Ning team.

Paid Access demo version
        We are glad to inform you that Ning is planning the launch of a new Paid Access feature in the very near future. Judging by your comments and feedbac…
    • Thanks, so the "credit card" support is additional to PayPal?

• Hi Matt,

Yes, the Paid Access feature will support credit cards and PayPal as well.

Best regards,

Ning Team.

• I already charge access for Premium members using GoCardless. I would like to continue.

This reply was deleted.

Search the Creators Network

Latest Activity

J.Ayvar replied to Kyryl_Ning_Support's discussion Paid Access demo version
"Amazing News !<br/>

Our Site tin.dating Will be Perfect to test this New feature."
11 hours ago
Kos replied to Kyryl_Ning_Support's discussion Paid Access demo version
"Matt the code in 2.0 is old, out of date and degrading over time - which is why they built 3.0.  3.…"
13 hours ago
Mike Collins replied to Kyryl_Ning_Support's discussion Paid Access demo version
"I'd like to be involved in looking at paid access demo please "
18 hours ago
Harly replied to Ivy Williams's discussion Ning Roleplay Sites
19 hours ago
Kyryl_Ning_Support replied to Dr. Krishna Kumari Challa's discussion I am unable to find discussions on my network when I search. Any solutions?
"Hi there,
We are sorry for this. Previously we have been fixing the search on each network separate…"
21 hours ago
Kyryl_Ning_Support replied to Kyryl_Ning_Support's discussion Paid Access demo version
"Hi there,
We are glad to know that you have been excited with this news. I have sent you the privat…"
22 hours ago
Kyryl_Ning_Support replied to Kyryl_Ning_Support's discussion Paid Access demo version
"Hi Matt,
Yes, this post is regarding 3.0 platform only.
Regards,
Ning team."
22 hours ago
Lj Cange replied to Kyryl_Ning_Support's discussion Paid Access demo version
"Exciting news..... I will be happy to assist!"
yesterday
Matt replied to Kyryl_Ning_Support's discussion Paid Access demo version
"So Ning 2 paid access will not be updated?"
yesterday
Dr. Krishna Kumari Challa replied to Dr. Krishna Kumari Challa's discussion I am unable to find discussions on my network when I search. Any solutions?
"Still the problem is not resolved!"
yesterday
Matt replied to Kyryl_Ning_Support's discussion Paid Access demo version
"Is this only for Ning 3?"
yesterday
Hugh replied to Anastasiia_NING support's discussion Ning 2Q 2017 plan!
"I'd like to get some reassurance that support will be upgraded. I can't think of a time recently wh…"
yesterday
"Hi Philip,
We are glad to hear that you are willing to help with the beta test, and it will be the…"
yesterday
"Hi there,
Thanks for your endless support! We have sent you the private message regarding joining t…"
yesterday
Kyryl_Ning_Support replied to Aubrey Williams's discussion Paid Access 2017
"Hi there!
We do appreciate your feedback, yes we know that based on our history the people wouldn't…"
yesterday
Ning via Facebook

#unitewithNING You`re one click away from the place where all questions about #NING find their…

Kos replied to Kyryl_Ning_Support's discussion Paid Access demo version
"Cannot express how happy I am to see Ning growing and expanding once again. It's been a long three…"
yesterday
Philip Voice replied to Aubrey Williams's discussion Paid Access 2017
"Thanks. I've applied to help evaluate and I'll make a decision about how I implement paid access in…"
yesterday
Philip Voice replied to Kyryl_Ning_Support's discussion Paid Access demo version
"I'm happy help"
yesterday
kevin carrasco is now a member of Ning Creators Social Network
yesterday
More…