Ning added the paid access service a year ago.
Since that time, the only addition to it that they've made is the ability to add categories through your paid member categories (but this doesn't work on my community which works with the donation feature of $0.00 to access).
There is a lot wrong and needing fixing. Any updates Ning?
Creators - state your feelings, here's my own quick list. I really think it a tragedy that Ning launched this and then just left it there - nothing done with it, to it. Double tragedy because since Ning makes $ from each transaction - they are losing a lot of income.
1. Get rid of the bug so when I click a subscriber category it show only paid members in the category. Not ALL members, those active and those expired.
2. Allow us to delete unpublished paywalls
3. Groups that are paidwalled should have a MUCH clearer way to pay to join. The button there doesn't work well - you have to click exactly on the + to join.
4. Allow us to put paid access on groups of content. All our extra pages. All our groups etc....
5. Change the fixed or donation approach to paid access. Should be able to ask to donate a specific amount, not a range from $0.00. This range drop down is confusing and makes many members not sign up. Those entering the community should be able to donate X amount or select a week/month trial.