All, Rich again... I have paid access implemented site wide on our network at www.webseriesnetwork.com charging just $12/year (a buck a month). We're averaging three signups a day and I'd like to improve this. I'd like to know the most effective paid access implementation and pricing. Looking forward to reading your comments. Thanks. :)

Tags: +, Access, Effective?, Implementation, Most, Paid, Pricing:, What's

Views: 108

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I've gone the other way and charge $500 for access to a group with premium content. I've had about 24 members sign up, although some asked not to pay online which is a pain. I want member categories to be tiered on price so hopefully Ning implement that one day

i do a donation only optional donation 3 mio[onths with a suggested 2.95  so 3 bucks a month  its optional so i average 10-19 signups a day but only a percentage donate however some donate as much as 12-20 for a 3 month period

im not sure what the average monthly income is but it works out well enough

and also the donation paywall cuts spam to nearly non existent

if it was anything but voluntary donation it would drastically hurt my site

but running a quality site those who are able to donate are more then willing

often donating more then requested

Thanks for sharing your approach. Just curious, so if someone donates $2.95/month for 3 months, what happens after the 3 month period, does the system prompt them again to renew for another 3 months, with the option for a voluntary donation?

For those who chose not to donate, do they just become long-term members or are they also prompted after 3 months to renew for free with the option to donate?

Thanks again for sharing your approach.

Bill

everyones prompted every 3 months wether thbey donated b4 or not

any updates here?  And did your survey your members first?  If so are you willing to share the questions?

RSS

What's Up With Ning 3.0?

Click here to share your thoughts on what features we should develop next! - Survey will close Friday, 4/25

Projects that the Ning 3.0 Team is currently working on: 

Articles - a new way of organizing longer content pieces. Released 4/16.

Activity Feed Updates - options for more content in the activity feed.

Forum Notifications - ability for members to opt into receiving notifications of new discussions in forums. Released 4/9. 

APIs - The ability to create new members and content programatically.

For more information on what's next, visit the Product Roadmap

Latest Activity

NC for Hire
JFarrow replied to MsCharlie's discussion 'Sign in and welcome'
"i think this was loud enough to get your point across, but unfortunately it will blend in with the…"
1 hour ago
Riccardo Rossini replied to Riccardo Rossini's discussion 'Please Ning staff'
"No problem Phil, good decision"
1 hour ago
Star Kitty (Intl Starseed Ntwk) replied to Crystal Coleman's discussion 'Ning 3.0 Progress Update for March and Let's Hear Your Thoughts'
"I sure did...for videos! lol"
2 hours ago
soaringeagle replied to Riccardo Rossini's discussion 'Please Ning staff'
"good"
3 hours ago
Phil McCluskey replied to Riccardo Rossini's discussion 'Please Ning staff'
"We reverted this change and will give it another shot early next week. Apologies for the bugs and…"
4 hours ago

NC for Hire
JFarrow replied to John Bizley's discussion 'Has anyone else considered using a tab container for help files ?'
"this tip is infinitely useful to NCs John .. I've been doing something similar, but instead of…"
6 hours ago
soaringeagle replied to Riccardo Rossini's discussion 'Please Ning staff'
"category nav seems fixed  but custom page module still screwy but..great job on a very speredy…"
6 hours ago
Jelena replied to Riccardo Rossini's discussion 'Please Ning staff'
"Same as SE. That would be a problem with the Trademark name.."
9 hours ago

© 2014   Created by Ning.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service