I am planning to develop a system to record data about visitors to a Ning network.
Initially, the application would work as a commercial plugin and store information such as Ning ID, IP address, user name, name of the visited page, url of page visited, date and time of visit. (from a specific member)
However, I need to know some things.
1. Is this permitted by the rules of Ning?
2. As a Ning creator, would you be willing to use this service on your network?
3. How much are you willing to pay monthly for this service?
4. What other features and functions you would like to see in an application like this?
Include these two lines in your network tracking code:
Access this Spreadsheet to see the log:
(all networks using this demo will be showed in this same spreadsheet)
It´s only for test and demonstration!
The distinction between having access to your site statistics and being able to match those statistics to individual users is a big one. Raw statistics are useful for charting site growth. User-specific metrics would provide valuable insight into member engagement and return frequency. Without need for a loyalty program opt-in, site log-in or any user action at all.
I'm VERY interested. Tell me more.
Make a points program with a total number of points NCs buy from you the script creator: Say 1million points at a price say 10dollars. NCs then set attribute these points to the activities on their networks they wish to promote. Say: Video upload: 10points, blog post; 5points, etc. As members participate they earn these points until the NC runs out of points and buys another stock from you.
The NC can then chose how to reward the points earned by members. For example: Members that earn a certain amount of points get promoted into a certain category with certain privileges.
For networks making enough money NCs can even make points earned to b cashed out in the form of cash. For example: 1000 points earned = 5dollars, etc.
This in my opinion will be win win project. The script creator wins, the NC wins, Members win.
Looking forward to updates.
P.S. You can see an example of how such a points system works at this website. And I have written a blog about the power and potentials of such a points system.
Also - you asked some questions.
3. $10 monthly. Obviously, less would be even more attractive. Depending on the features included, I might go as high as $15.
4. As mentioned by Marcelo, if this data could be quantified in a way that would be usable in a loyalty program, I would love that. Maybe...with a built-in formula on the spreadsheet to assign points for each type of action and total them in a box for each user? The script could then use that total to populate a field on a loyalty widget on NCs' networks? This might be tricky, though -- you'd have to give people a chance to opt-in and disregard the data from all other members/lurkers.
Your answer was very important to me.
Right now I'm only measuring the interest and feasibility of developing a more complex system. All your suggestions are possible, since the data were collected and can be processed.
I used the code but how I know it is work or not
where we will see date and time of visit in member profile or in main page
if you have picture as example, put it please
With this demonstration version, some data are saved in:
That is exactly what I was referring to in my comments, and is exactly what I am looking for. You had said only one person understood you, but that was incorrect.
Sorry Solael... My English is not so good :-)
Congratulations to you too! You are the first!
So, do you have some new idea to implement in this plugin?
How can it would be usefull to you?
That is quite alright, no harm done. I do not know much about writing codes, but what you had there is a very good idea for tracking all of the information that I am interested in, to track a spammer (i.e. IP address, real name, city, state, country, etc..). The spammer that come to my site, are those who seeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeek out Christian sites for sex. I abhor them!!!!
This sounds great.
That would be great to have an embedable widget in order to display last visitors.
On top of that if there is a loyalty program... I would pay at least 10 USD.
Great idea & work
Thanks M.Tariq Malik...
It´s only a start!