Current status of the Ning Platform is always available on the Ning Status Blog.

Replies

• Hello Mateo, this will do the trick for you. Just adjust the height and the width to your preferred size. You have a great day

The code goes in your design studio - custom css - global css

DIV.profileCoverArea-avatar.media-img.avatar-frame img,
    DIV.profileCoverArea-avatar.media-img.avatar-frame{
        width:175px;
        height:175px; }

• Theme CSS, no? It worked! But when I then view them on my website they seem to have lost much of the sharpening. Why is this, and is there something I should be doing differently?

Thanks

• When you upload a profile picture Nings editor resizes the picture. There's nothing you can do about the quality.  So all I can suggest is to keep reducing the height and width until the quality is good. Not much more you can do.

• Ok Thanks anyway George.

• Please help when i added the code, all the profiles with category badges on them showed the category badge covering the photo like this...

3237680?profile=original

• Hi Mateo,

I have some js code for this.  I wrote it for a client with a N3 site and it's working fine there.  I don't know if the result is clearer than George's fine CSS solution, but all the profile pics on the N3 site using my code look sharp to me and I have had no complaints.

If you could link to your site, I'll have a look and see if my js might work there.

Best wishes!

"TJ"

• http://thefake.ning.com/members/MateoOReilly

Here is the link TJ, hope you can help us, we are really having trouble with this.

Thanks.

• Thanks for the link!

My js code would change the HTML so that your profile pic would look like this:

3237531?profile=originalIs that big enough and clear enough?  If that works, let me know via email at TJ@BKServ.com

Thanks!

"TJ"

• Just sent you an e-mail, man.

Thanks!

• Awesome job TJ  :-)

This reply was deleted.

Some interesting articles related to community management, digital marketing etc. could be found in our digest. Don't hesitate to leave a feedback so we would know that we should continue :-)

Latest Activity

LEO Mobile App Builder updated their profile
Tuesday
Aase Lillian replied to Aase Lillian's discussion
Community - activity page
"Ok, thank you. Please send me details as I have no idea on how to do it. "
Mar 19
Aase Lillian and ⚡JFarrow⌁ are now friends
NC for Hire
Mar 19
⚡JFarrow⌁ updated their profile photo
Mar 18
⚡JFarrow⌁ replied to Aase Lillian's discussion
Community - activity page
"Yes you can add emojis to your community pretty much anywhere you like.
If you need some help…"
Mar 18
Aase Lillian updated their profile
Mar 18
Aase Lillian posted a discussion
Hi all. Is it possible to add emojis to the community? I also wish the activity page to include…
Mar 18
Donna MacShoe updated their profile photo
Mar 6
Adul Rodri is now friends with ANGE.L LUAR and Margarida Maria Madruga
Feb 14
Shweta Sharma updated their profile
Jan 26
catherine martin updated their profile
Jan 16
Donna MacShoe updated their profile photo
Jan 15
More…