After we have the quick share links in the activity feed, even myself love to use them to share videos, photos and forget something important, that is tags.

Do you think tags are important? When you uploading contents would you add the right tags? Do you use tags to filter contents often when browsing?

If we share contents via the share links in activity feed. We can't add tags at the same time. Would you go editing it again just for adding tags?

Other big questions are how many tags you have? do you remember which tags had been used in last contents? How to make tags more useful and organized? Cause I feel a mass in tags.

Tags: ideas, iyoume, tag

Views: 418

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

When I use the quicklinks I click more options so that I can add the tags.  My members usually don't add them anyway, I'll sometimes go back and edit their posts with tags if it seems like a good topic.

me too, I do the same thing as you. But I think it's too tired for most creators. 

Same here, when I roam around and notice untagged or baddly tagged content, I edit.

The funny thing is that there is no display of full list of tags. I have great difficulty in maintaining a list on notepad on my PC. Also for the viewer there is no option to see all the tags. Is there a way whereby I can create a page where I can display all the tags - separately for blogs, video and photos?

I've done something like that on my network... I created a list of "topics" and linked to the tag results... I may edit this to make it even better:)

How did you do this--sounds very helpful!

Oh tags are super important. They allow you to aggregate content that is otherwise disorderly.  For example, I just recently went through all our videos that have lyric sheets and tagged them something unique. Then presented this link, shared. Great response to otherwise hidden content. 

We also have the only tag only aggregated search that I'm aware of, on Ning. Enter a search term and find what you want. See it on our main page http://community.eflclassroom.com

Vaishnava - very easy to create tag clouds. Here's what I did. Create a page of main tags and let members enjoy.  There are a few good tag cloud generators out there. like http://tagcrowd.com/

http://community.eflclassroom.com/page/tagclouds-1

David

Prefer that all tags get displayed. This one is not so accurate.

Hi, Your site is nice, especially the slider that you feature midway down the main page. What kind of slider is that? It's totally awesome! We've been looking for a great slider to add to our site for a while, with no success.

That's a Featured Content Slider that I modified somewhat....  Got to make the main page less busy but we have loads of content - that's whats nice about our site.  Lots of visitors getting what they can take home...  Unlike Ning's version, you'll need your own server to host it. 

David

Thanks for getting back to me on the slider. Part of my post was erased for some reason. Thanks also for the info on the tag cloud generator. I wanted to know how your members respond to the tag page that you created? And do they use it frequently when posting content? And if so, what would you say the percentage of use is?

As far as the slider goes, I'm going to load it onto my server and tweak it as needed. I'll get back to you if I have any problems with it.

Thanks, 

BrainWave Admin

Too bad!! http://tagcrowd.com/ Don't support Chinese!! Any other recommend? 

I would like to make a stand alone TAG CLOUD page, that's interesting. Everyone like cloud right now.

music~

Music makes the people come together
Music mix the bourgeoisie and the rebel

RSS

What's Up With Ning 3.0?

Click here to share your thoughts on what features we should develop next!

Projects that the Ning 3.0 Team is currently working on: 

Articles - a new way of organizing longer content pieces.

Activity Feed Updates - options for more content in the activity feed.

Forum Notifications - ability for members to opt into receiving notifications of new discussions in forums.

APIsThe ability to create new members and content programatically.

For more information on what's next, visit the Product Roadmap

Latest Activity

Stig Karlsen replied to Stig Karlsen's discussion 'Problems with Facebook activity feed'
"Hi! Sorry to hear that you are dealing with the same problems. The activity feed is not responding…"
13 minutes ago
Khaty Barbarella (Khatlen) replied to Stig Karlsen's discussion 'Problems with Facebook activity feed'
"Another curious fact is that the feed only show activity until April 3, after this date, we have…"
19 minutes ago
Khaty Barbarella (Khatlen) replied to Stig Karlsen's discussion 'Problems with Facebook activity feed'
"Hello Crystal and Stig I am also with this problem since yesterday. Says my page is not public, but…"
37 minutes ago
Magesoad replied to Phil McCluskey's discussion 'Introducing Articles and the Author Bio Box'
"great news, since we are dealing with article lacks the function to justify the formation of…"
41 minutes ago
Crystal Coleman replied to Enrrico Torres's discussion 'Want to remove powered by from footer'
"Enrrico, per the Terms of Service, you are not permitted to remove or change the "Powered by…"
50 minutes ago
Crystal Coleman replied to Enrrico Torres's discussion 'Want to remove powered by from footer'
"The "Powered By" that comes up in the language editor refers to the "Powered by…"
1 hour ago
Kos replied to Enrrico Torres's discussion 'Want to remove powered by from footer'
"I knew we weren't allowed to remove it but since it was in LA, I thought we could change…"
1 hour ago
soaringeagle replied to Phil McCluskey's discussion 'Introducing Articles and the Author Bio Box'
"oh but what about some way to have it interact with the google + authorship? maybe u can add your…"
1 hour ago

© 2014   Created by Ning.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service