We've posted before, seeking input
about control over email notifications. We're gearing up for a project that would do just that, allowing Network Creators to control what their notifications look like (no text, excerpts or full text) as well as allowing you and your members to receive emails in digest form.
In planning this feature, we'd love to get some feedback from Network Creators on what you'd like to see. For more context, the idea is that when we roll this feature out, your members can elect to receive some emails from your Ning Network in digest form (so the emails are rolled up together instead of sent individually).
I have a couple questions I'd love your input on:
- As part of this project, we're planning on allowing you to enable your Ning Network's notifications to include the full text of comments into email notifications. However, would you want digest emails to also include the full text? That could result is massively long emails.
- How interested would you/your members be in weekly digests? Would daily digests suffice?
- Would any Network Creator not want their members to be able to receive digests?
- Should there be emails that should always be sent instantly, and not wrapped into a digest? Do you want control over which ones?
- Would any Network Creators want to change your members' email settings for them to turn on digests for your members, without them taking any action?
- Would you want to control which types of emails are included in the digest, and which are not?
Thanks, and I look forward to your input!