Is there a way where all email alerts go to the members inbox instead?  That can solve a lot of my community's issues.  My demographic does not use email that much and they barely check it.  Thanks.

Tags: alerts, email, inbox, notifications

Views: 463

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I would think that a lot of people would worry if we switched it to this way. It seems like most everyone uses email notifications to bring people back to the site. I think most people don't check their message box on the network but do always check their email nearly every day. 

How about:

1.On network notification: referring to Social Go or Facebook

2. Broadcast to be sent to both: on site and their email inbox

+1

perfect

I agree with Eric.

But what if there was an option to make alerts go Just to Email, Just to Inbox, or both?

I don't think we'll provide an option like that. People use email every day. They only use online service message inboxes infrequently, IMHO. For example, I've only used my LinkedIn inbox a dozen times or so. Ever. Only when I get a message that I need to reply to using their system. 

Perhaps a better feature would be to allow people to reply via email, which would bypass the online service message inbox completely for most people. 

I would like the option of a direct e-mail reply as well for either mass e-mails that are sent or for when I "share" something on my network via email.

I would love to see a feature where we could email a broadcast message to only our admin members.

You could create a category of your admins and message them that way. Perfect use of the member category feature. 

I agree with Eric on this one.

Exactly Emanual.  I'm not good at code so I don't like to say this could or couldn't be done, but I wonder if it helps that it's already built to go to the email inbox.

RSS

What's Up With Ning 3.0?

Click here to share your thoughts on what features we should develop next! - Survey will close Friday, 4/25

Projects that the Ning 3.0 Team is currently working on: 

Articles - a new way of organizing longer content pieces. Released 4/16.

Activity Feed Updates - options for more content in the activity feed.

Forum Notifications - ability for members to opt into receiving notifications of new discussions in forums. Released 4/9. 

APIs - The ability to create new members and content programatically.

For more information on what's next, visit the Product Roadmap

Latest Activity

Troy Marquis replied to Troy Marquis's discussion 'Ning Activity feeds Going CooCoo's'
"try uploading 5 photo's and see how it display on your activity feeds its showing the person…"
4 minutes ago
soaringeagle replied to Margaret Lynn Rosack's discussion 'Creator + Member'
"sure just create a second profile"
19 minutes ago
soaringeagle replied to Troy Marquis's discussion 'Ning Activity feeds Going CooCoo's'
"just tested mines fine"
20 minutes ago
Jeffrey Haskins replied to Phil McCluskey's discussion 'Introducing Articles and the Author Bio Box'
"Thanks...works perfectly!"
41 minutes ago
Troy Marquis replied to Troy Marquis's discussion 'Ning Activity feeds Going CooCoo's'
"since last friday"
1 hour ago
"same here"
1 hour ago
Strumelia replied to Margaret Lynn Rosack's discussion 'Creator + Member'
"I also use a 'ghost' membership to monitor whether some members are using their Friend…"
1 hour ago
Kira Slye replied to Kira Slye's discussion 'Do we immediately have to pay for a new plan when migrating to 3.0?'
"Can i ask for ONLY my members and my photos to be migrated, or do I have to have everything…"
1 hour ago

© 2014   Created by Ning.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service