With the New Ning released and many thoughts are being shown on this throughout the forum some good and lots not, maybe it would be a good idea to see some site's created to have a view of maybe it's potential. Some do not have a lot of time to configure some trial sites up as life gets in the way of time and while trying to run your original network and doing the daily rountine, so for those that can spare some time to make some trial sites I am sure many would like to see them

List your Ning 3.0 site here.

Please list your NING 3.0 sites and  NOT 2.0s, thank you.

Tags: 3.0, networks, ning, sites, trials, viewing

Views: 2378

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

ok ..what i thought i added many more more thourough and (srry) lil motre criticle tips after going through it more

overall with a lil attention to detail u got the beginings of an awesome site (conceptualy especialy)

question what sort of crafts are you targetting ..u cn tweak the design to be moreinfluenced by the crafts.. (jewlerymaking vs needleoint vs woodworking etc etc add some craftsy influences to the design background etc

your pagination is unusable u cnt read it

umm..please dont take this as insulting to you

i thought that theme..as ning provided it was the most hideos thing i ever saw

u altered it enough to not be as hideos ..and although i think out of all the themes it still has the least potential;..i think u could either:

1 do alot better with a diferent theme..or

make neumeroyse improvements to the theme to make it look alot les like the original

overall concept of the site 5 thumbs up

potential..c+ (just cause i dont see it being a high growth rate niche)

layout..about page b+ looks good the 3 collumn pages with empty right collumn ..not sure how to grade not knowing the thinking beho=ind it..if its truly empty space with no future plans.. f

if its space filled only when logged in d

if its space not yet filled in with activity or ads c

i actualy dont remember seeing activity feed anywhere

so

im thinking activity is set to members only?

i assume your thought on this is...low activirt seen by guests is not an insentive to join so hide it..well the empty space awkward layput isnt either

solution

full page activity on a tab only seen when logged in?

if any statements seem too criticly please understand im being criticly to help u build the best site u can and if your happy with design ignore my opinions

but the pagination and the layout..those id pay attention to

Its not insulting at all. I have just lunched the network a week ago and this is the kind of feedback I need to make it better.

I have really added page activity because since its a new network, it doesn't have that much activity.

As far as the concept we believe that this is a great niche!

The theme is alright but I do need to make some changes.

Good Suggestions! I will take a look at adding a slider.

André, I loved the look of your community.

Thanks !

along what kos suggested (and after  reconcidering u may do well with proper positionig its a good niche but a saturated 1  u can do good but to really grow alot u need some rely good search enfgine positioning or..a huge ammount of content to catch a wide range of trickle trafic

oh yea to continue my thought what kos brought up check out ww3.dreadlockssite.com

actualy its on www.dreadlockssite.com too

u have to purchase it  to use it the way i did ..1 time 54 bucks i think

unloimited photos galeries etc

randomized too

so u put up 200 pr so photos in this neverending randomized slideshow (all your featured images id suggest)

really grabs attention and looks sweet

i got a huge suggestion for ya

offer shops

u can do a subdomain shops (both free hosted (or fee) and etsy etc listing..or

u can do a single shop with commision..or

using jfarrows tip use a subdomain shop iframed in  andsd seemlessly integrated using his magic walls tip

or a classifieds

u should offer them a way to sell stuff on sire as well as a barter mart type thing where they can trade amongst themselves

http://shops.dreadlockssite.com is mine

www.dreadlockshampoo.com is 1 example of the free shops

I have been thinking about adding a Shop to my network. This is probably my next move!

the shops never paid for themselves (in trafic/ad revenue) neither did the dating site but they are very well aprecuated some who had both etsy and my free shop dropped etsy cause the shop on my site was doing so well

so its a service to the community that might not pay off for u as far as $ (if u use vps like i do shared hosting yea it will)

but i look at it as a way to help my members through a tough economy

and the main sites makimg enough to cover all the rest plus some

Do you suggest any platform for the shops?

zebcarts the 1 we use most but theres alot of free and premium options

but zencarts worked out best so far

RSS

What's Up With Ning 3.0?

Click here to share your thoughts on what features we should develop next! - Survey will close Friday, 4/25

Projects that the Ning 3.0 Team is currently working on: 

Articles - a new way of organizing longer content pieces. Released 4/16.

Activity Feed Updates - options for more content in the activity feed.

Forum Notifications - ability for members to opt into receiving notifications of new discussions in forums. Released 4/9. 

APIs - The ability to create new members and content programatically.

For more information on what's next, visit the Product Roadmap

Latest Activity

soaringeagle replied to Phil McCluskey's discussion 'Introducing Articles and the Author Bio Box'
"nah was a good tip for blogs and forums..and articles if reed mores added later but the point is…"
38 minutes ago
soaringeagle replied to Phil McCluskey's discussion 'Introducing Email Notifications for Blogs and Forums'
"well in groups i see a point in that when they join a group as part of the join process there…"
43 minutes ago
Kos replied to Phil McCluskey's discussion 'Introducing Articles and the Author Bio Box'
"oops sorry.  Didn't catch that.  Will delete my blurp"
46 minutes ago
Skye replied to Phil McCluskey's discussion 'Introducing Email Notifications for Blogs and Forums'
"This was my issue as well and I guess from what I am seeing and reading it is not going to be a…"
48 minutes ago
soaringeagle replied to Phil McCluskey's discussion 'Introducing Articles and the Author Bio Box'
"thats for blogs/forums tho right theres no read more that i can see on articles"
1 hour ago
Kos replied to Phil McCluskey's discussion 'Introducing Articles and the Author Bio Box'
"Just jumping in here but you guys can enhance that "read more" a bit in Language Editor…"
1 hour ago

NC for Hire
Garfield Creator replied to soaringeagle's discussion 'simple tweak that ning can do to drasticly increase joins/growth'
"Good one!"
3 hours ago
Dutchlabel replied to Dutchlabel's discussion 'Align images horizontally'
"Kinda at least.. The code is ok, now Ning just ***** it up.. And I was trying to place this code in…"
3 hours ago

© 2014   Created by Ning.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service