Current status of the Ning Platform is always available on the Ning Status Blog.

Forum

I'm not one to want to copy Facebook's efforts, but i just recently started playing with Skype, and this is COOL AS CAN BE. I wonder if Skype will open up an avenue where other websites can integrate it? Could Ning possibly get in on this with Skype?

You need to be a member of Ning Creators Network to add comments!

Join Ning Creators Network

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• +1
  • then again better watch what we ask for..sure they can prob get skype..but how much is it going to cost us?
  • Hi Eric,

Its not possible to censor news like this

Its all over the internet--see here http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-14060069

My Question was--How can Ning compete with a free service that offers much better Chat

or to put it differently --How are we Network Creators going to entice our members to pay for something that does not yet offer what Google+ and Facebook offer for free?

I dont think it helps to bury your head in the sand like an ostrich--I think it is a fair question which Ning should answer fairly.

regards

Mark

• facebook is going to have its hands full dealing with Google+. been messing with it all day, and frankly, it blows facebook away.
This reply was deleted.

Search the Creators Network

Latest Activity

Kos replied to The Builder :)'s discussion Help! I need to file my ning network 3
""
59 minutes ago
George H. Compton IV replied to Fire-Tech's discussion 3.0 Tip: Message Notification Background
"Very nice, That should get everyone's attention. :-) You have a great day Fire-Tech."
2 hours ago
SweetPotato replied to Fire-Tech's discussion 3.0 Tip: Message Notification Background
"sweet!
SP"
2 hours ago
George H. Compton IV replied to George H. Compton IV's discussion (TIP) Ning 2.0 responsive fullwidth network at any screen resolution. :O Cellphones to TV's ;)
"Thank you Scott. :-)
I'm not sure why your galaxy 3 is not displaying correctly, I've never used on…"
2 hours ago
George H. Compton IV replied to Scott Bishop's discussion 301 Redirect from N2 to Offsite
"Hello Scott this redirect script should do the trick for you. Just replace the address to the addre…"
2 hours ago
SweetPotato replied to The Builder :)'s discussion Help! I need to file my ning network 3
"By the way, if you archived your ning 2.0 content and are interested in migrating to wordpress then…"
5 hours ago
SweetPotato replied to The Builder :)'s discussion Help! I need to file my ning network 3
"The Ning TCs clearly state that you own your data. So, open a ticket and ask them to provide that d…"
5 hours ago
Scott Bishop replied to George H. Compton IV's discussion (TIP) Ning 2.0 responsive fullwidth network at any screen resolution. :O Cellphones to TV's ;)
"Oh btw, I was referring to your  http://beachcatsaustralia.ning.com site."
11 hours ago
Edson Luiz Pocahi is now a member of Criadores Brasileiros - Brazilian Creators
13 hours ago
Scott Bishop replied to George H. Compton IV's discussion (TIP) Ning 2.0 responsive fullwidth network at any screen resolution. :O Cellphones to TV's ;)
"Hey George, really awesome job! Works perfect as I squeeze down my window but it's not doing it whe…"
yesterday
George H. Compton IV replied to George H. Compton IV's discussion (tip N3) photo page Fullscreen Zoom controls + Rotate v3.2
"Update 9-18-14 v3.2 In this update I just removed the xg.addOnRequire(function from the JavaScript."
yesterday
Jamie Baker (Vision) replied to Ning's discussion Update to Product Roadmap and Communication Changes
"Nice post :) you'd fit in here"
yesterday
Sapphire LiLi replied to Ning's discussion Update to Product Roadmap and Communication Changes
"Well everyone.  As much as I'm not really liking the 3.0 set up I have decided that I'm not ready j…"
yesterday
Sapphire LiLi replied to Ning's discussion Introducing Activity Feed Improvements, Including Member Status Updates
"Well everyone.  As much as I'm not really liking the 3.0 set up I have decided that I'm not ready j…"
yesterday
Ning via Facebook

How to make paid search pay off http://ow.ly/Axre1

How To…

Jennifer Catalano and Pib Kanrisha joined Ning Creators Network
Tuesday
Dixie Redmond replied to Dixie Redmond's discussion Ning 3 - Saving photos?
"Ha ha ha!

The transition was fairly smooth so that was good. I do really love the flexibility I…"
Tuesday
soaringeagle replied to Dixie Redmond's discussion Ning 3 - Saving photos?
"no..its not but it will be fixed eventualy
3.0 is awesome  and will be a game changer when its comp…"
Tuesday
Dixie Redmond replied to Dixie Redmond's discussion Ning 3 - Saving photos?
"Ah, thanks. This is NOT an improvement. I do like other things about 3.0, though."
Tuesday
soaringeagle replied to Dixie Redmond's discussion Ning 3 - Saving photos?
"no its not  intentional to prevent photos from being ssaved the issueistyhey aare not beiung displa…"
Tuesday
More…