Current status of the Ning Platform is always available on the Ning Status Blog.

Forum

I'm not one to want to copy Facebook's efforts, but i just recently started playing with Skype, and this is COOL AS CAN BE. I wonder if Skype will open up an avenue where other websites can integrate it? Could Ning possibly get in on this with Skype?

You need to be a member of Ning Creators Network to add comments!

Join Ning Creators Network

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• +1
  • then again better watch what we ask for..sure they can prob get skype..but how much is it going to cost us?
  • Hi Eric,

Its not possible to censor news like this

Its all over the internet--see here http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-14060069

My Question was--How can Ning compete with a free service that offers much better Chat

or to put it differently --How are we Network Creators going to entice our members to pay for something that does not yet offer what Google+ and Facebook offer for free?

I dont think it helps to bury your head in the sand like an ostrich--I think it is a fair question which Ning should answer fairly.

regards

Mark

• facebook is going to have its hands full dealing with Google+. been messing with it all day, and frankly, it blows facebook away.
This reply was deleted.

Search the Creators Network

Latest Activity

JFarrow replied to Nelson Freytes's discussion Using Ning 3 as a news publishing network
"Yes, Ning3 is a wonderful solution for this.  Combining the power of Ning with various 3rd party ap…"
17 minutes ago
dave replied to George H. Compton IV's discussion ( TIP N3 & N2 ) Chatwing fixed chatbox v4.2
"This is terrific work George and looks fantastic, It's another great adaptation to the Ning 3 and 2…"
1 hour ago
Nan Cassidy, Chief Liberation, James A Hull and 4 more joined Ning Creators Network
1 hour ago
William Le Metayer is now a member of Ning Networks en español
1 hour ago
Zachary Moonshine replied to George H. Compton IV's discussion ( TIP N3 & N2 ) Chatwing fixed chatbox v4.2
"man this looks so great and works soo much better , spot.im had a good idea but they are still work…"
2 hours ago
JFarrow replied to JFarrow's discussion Tip: How to Embed Flipboard Into Ning N3/N2
"flipboard is pretty amazing for what it is and the ease of building magazines.. i hope you guys fin…"
3 hours ago
John Bizley replied to George H. Compton IV's discussion ( TIP N3 & N2 ) Chatwing fixed chatbox v4.2
"Nice work as always George, been following this post as you have been working on it and it looks gr…"
3 hours ago
Kos replied to JFarrow's discussion Tip: How to Embed Flipboard Into Ning N3/N2
"We were just looking at Flipboard last week.  Awesome.  Thank you!"
3 hours ago
George H. Compton IV replied to George H. Compton IV's discussion ( TIP N3 & N2 ) Chatwing fixed chatbox v4.2
"Hello Zachary, The code in this discussion has just been updated V4.2 and I also have the button yo…"
4 hours ago
George H. Compton IV replied to George H. Compton IV's discussion ( TIP N3 & N2 ) Chatwing fixed chatbox v4.2
":-) Thank you The Builder :)"
4 hours ago
JFarrow replied to JFarrow's discussion Tip: How to Embed Flipboard Into Ning N3/N2
"Thank you John... was a real treat to get it working"
5 hours ago
Kerrie replied to Kerrie's discussion Help I can’t access my network or blogs
"lol..blame it on solar flares! I just received this...
Hi Kerrie,
Thanks for getting in touch with…"
5 hours ago
John Bizley replied to JFarrow's discussion Tip: How to Embed Flipboard Into Ning N3/N2
"Thats a sweet share JF, nice work my friend. :-)"
5 hours ago
JFarrow replied to Alyce Keegan's discussion Hiding members in a group on group information
5 hours ago
MILAGROS HERNÁNDEZ CHILIBERTI replied to Kerrie's discussion Help I can’t access my network or blogs
8 hours ago
Luke Jones replied to Luke Jones's discussion Developer Needed in Hire a Creator
"I need your help dude :) I need a notification/alert icon/button created to place by the side of my…"
9 hours ago
M.Tariq Malik replied to Kerrie's discussion Help I can’t access my network or blogs
"Holly Dilatush yes Site is working fine without sing in & for members rather than blog posts errors…"
9 hours ago
Kos replied to Kerrie's discussion Help I can’t access my network or blogs
"Sounds like they've got a server issue.  The majority of other networks seem to be functioning so i…"
10 hours ago
Holly Dilatush replied to Kerrie's discussion Help I can’t access my network or blogs
"~ I submitted screenshots with a support ticket a couple of hours ago.
Interesting challenge.  Seve…"
10 hours ago
shironala replied to shironala's discussion skysa chat link?
"Alesandro   thank's but i am looking to find a link to skysa chat to put as a tab or on a page ,not…"
11 hours ago
More…