Current status of the Ning Platform is always available on the Ning Status Blog.

Update: It's not Ning, it's a new thing with browsers now. Still not cool, especially since it now requires sites to buy SSL . . . ahhh, so that's the new hook. Buy more product so your site can appear secure. Got it.

What's up with that?? Neither is facebook or twitter, but they don't feel the need to unnecessarily spook the general public. I call bullcrap on this latest invasion and I'm pissed!

You need to be a member of Ning Creators Social Network to add comments!

Join Ning Creators Social Network

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Hi there,

Yes, unfortunately, the browsers will check the presence of SSL certificate on the pages where it's necessary to enter any payment information or login details.

The management is aware about the changes in the policy and at the moment they are thinking what will be the best way to implement the SSL certificates on Ning networks with both native and custom domain names.

Regards,

Ning Team.

• Has there been any progress on this since March?  I see that the Creators site looks secure now on Chrome; can I do that now for my site, too?  It's Ning 2, if that matters.  If so, how do I do it?  I did try to find info on this on your help site but couldn't find anything.

Thanks!

• Hi there,

Yes, we are moving with SSL implementation. At this very moment, our QA department is testing the work of custom CSS code applied to the network with the https, as before it would be applied to all networks we have to make sure that it's not blocking any functionality and the embedded content.

We do apologize for any inconveniences.

Sincerely yours,

Ning Team.

This reply was deleted.

Some interesting articles related to community management, digital marketing etc. could be found in our digest. Don't hesitate to leave a feedback so we would know that we should continue :-)

Latest Activity

⚡JFarrow⌁ replied to ⚡JFarrow⌁'s discussion
Style Hack: How to Have Different Backgrounds for Different Groups
"still love this hack"
5 hours ago
Alina Langley replied to Suzie Nielsen's discussion
Ning 2.0 For Sale
"Do you atill have a NING 2.0 site? I am looking for one, please DM me :)"
Apr 12
Alina Langley updated their profile photo
Apr 12
Alina Langley updated their profile
Apr 12
LEO Mobile App Builder updated their profile
Mar 26
Aase Lillian replied to Aase Lillian's discussion
Community - activity page
"Ok, thank you. Please send me details as I have no idea on how to do it. "
Mar 19
Aase Lillian and ⚡JFarrow⌁ are now friends
NC for Hire
Mar 19
⚡JFarrow⌁ updated their profile photo
Mar 18
⚡JFarrow⌁ replied to Aase Lillian's discussion
Community - activity page
"Yes you can add emojis to your community pretty much anywhere you like.
If you need some help…"
Mar 18
Aase Lillian updated their profile
Mar 18
Aase Lillian posted a discussion
Hi all. Is it possible to add emojis to the community? I also wish the activity page to include…
Mar 18
Donna MacShoe updated their profile photo
Mar 6
More…

Meanwhile, you can check our social media channels