Current status of the Ning Platform is always available on the Ning Status Blog.

Forum

Update: It's not Ning, it's a new thing with browsers now. Still not cool, especially since it now requires sites to buy SSL . . . ahhh, so that's the new hook. Buy more product so your site can appear secure. Got it.

What's up with that?? Neither is facebook or twitter, but they don't feel the need to unnecessarily spook the general public. I call bullcrap on this latest invasion and I'm pissed!

You need to be a member of Ning Creators Network to add comments!

Join Ning Creators Network

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Didn't see that.  Was it a tweet or what?  And you're right, it's bullsh**

• It

is

not

ning.

All

sites

are

doing

it.

• That's ridiculous for Ning to have that there.  Flat out unnecessary

• Its firefox browser new policy,and soon will be on Chrome too :

chrome-firefox-start-warning-users-when-websites-use-insecure-http-...

• Yeah I knew they were starting it January 1st but did not know that Ning is advertising that in their drop downs.  Are we certain it's "Ning" and not Firefox???

• Kos, in my update and reply to your comment, I stated it was not Ning, it was the browser. :)

• Cool.  Thanks for the update.  Yes I've already fielded questions on the new 'lock' next to the URL.  Nothing I can do about it.........unless I fork over more money to my domain provider (which isn't happening)

• Same here. I may do it in the future but not right now.

• Creators looks secure...nice if our sites were too

This reply was deleted.

Search the Creators Network

Latest Activity

Suki Winthrop replied to Fabricio Giugni's discussion Ning 2.0 or Ning 3.0 ?
"Seems familiar.
Nothing much happenig in months,
little communication, still soo  outdated and lack…"
8 hours ago
Tom Whelan replied to David Carr's discussion Being a Ning Network could ruin the deal
"I agree George,
When it comes to actual livelihood and business professionalism, I need stability a…"
8 hours ago
Phil replied to Anna Ning Support's discussion Announcing Events for Ning 3.0
"I like to disable RSVPs because members rarely bother to RSVP. It gives a bad impression when you s…"
9 hours ago
Arman and Tom Whelan joined Ning Creators Network
11 hours ago
⚡JFarrow⌁ replied to Fabricio Giugni's discussion Ning 2.0 or Ning 3.0 ?
"Everything is starting to pick back up as best I can tell.  You are correct in thinking that you sh…"
yesterday
⚡JFarrow⌁ replied to David Carr's discussion Being a Ning Network could ruin the deal
"We can work this in several ways. Give me a call back to discuss..."
yesterday
Fabricio Giugni replied to Fabricio Giugni's discussion Ning 2.0 or Ning 3.0 ?
"How can we trust Ning now? Seems to be everything bad. "
yesterday
Beverly is now a member of Ning Creators Network
yesterday
Kyryl_Ning_Support replied to Fabricio Giugni's discussion Can we see and show member statics?
"Hi there,
Unfortunately, the leaderboards are not available on 3.0 platform.
However, we have fille…"
yesterday
Kyryl_Ning_Support replied to Yana Ning Support's discussion CAPTCHA - NO BOTS AND SPAMMY CONTENT
"Hi Dan,
As we can see you have resolved your issue the same day with our CS representative.
Best re…"
yesterday
Fire-Tech replied to Fire-Tech's discussion 3.0 Tip: Insert Image Into Signin Page
"Yeah, I'm still here in the shadows. Been working on other projects until Ning gets their act toget…"
yesterday
⚡JFarrow⌁ replied to Fire-Tech's discussion 3.0 Tip: Insert Image Into Signin Page
"time to reboot, homey!"
Tuesday
George Swann replied to Fabricio Giugni's discussion Ning 2.0 or Ning 3.0 ?
"All newly created Ning networks are 3.0 by default. You cannot create a new 2.0.
You can however bu…"
Monday
George Swann replied to David Carr's discussion Being a Ning Network could ruin the deal
"My question is this, can my network be moved off the Ning platform to another, one that would not b…"
Monday
Kyryl_Ning_Support replied to Fabricio Giugni's discussion What a special Member can DO?
"Hi Fabricio,
Unfortunately, the options that you have mentioned are not available on our platform.…"
Monday
Deb Della Piana is now a member of Ning Creators Network
Monday
Bizz ( John ) replied to Bizz ( John )'s discussion Re-size Avatars In Messages Table And Messages Detail
"You can adjust the sizes for the ningbar text and icons with just a little css. Just don't go to bi…"
Monday
Bizz ( John ) replied to Bizz ( John )'s discussion Adding Your Friends, Email notifications and SignOut,Sign in To Your Profile Page ( updated so these and the options, social links all inline to the left )
"That's great news your site is backup, any ideas what happened ?"
Sunday
More…