Current status of the Ning Platform is always available on the Ning Status Blog.

Forum

Suddenly I can't embed Youtube videos in new or old blog posts.

Videos that were working just fine at http://www.salsaistockholm.com/profiles/blogs/hot-salsa-weekend-memories-4 now doesn't work anymore. I changed nothing in the html-code, I only made a major non video change, and clicked "Publish".

The videos still work at for example http://www.salsaistockholm.com/profiles/blogs/hot-salsa-weekend-memories-3, but if I would click "Edit post" and click "Publish" again, they would stop working.

Temporary problem? What is this?

You need to be a member of Ning Creators Network to add comments!

Join Ning Creators Network

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• I'm experiencing the same issue. Hopefully, one of Ning's finest will see this post.

• Wow!! Good to know it's Not Just My Network! I hope to Get this RESOLVED before the hoilday.

They will be out until Next Monday!
    • Next Monday? Lovely. So I suppose we all should just shut down our networks till next Monday. (dripping sarcasm here).

It's not a big deal in the grand scheme of things, however, when you're doing a You Tube presentation in the discussion forum where feedback is critical, you might say this little glitch is more than slightly irritating or inconvenient.

• Trust me Fedmedic, I Feel your Pain!!

I Just reached 104,600 Members on my network! I'm One of the top Ning sites in the world! So I have alot people depending on me for updates!!

HipHopNews24-7.com

• Do you mean that no-one is monitoring it until Monday? Someone just changed something but didn't test it properly then went off on holiday? eeek! That's not professorial. :(

It's going to really mess with my network. Most of my network doesn't stop for Thanks Giving and regardless the weekends can be our busiest periods of people uploading video embeds. This is going to be a major headache if it doesn't get fixed soon.

• Michael,

Where did you get this information?

I ask because my team and I are on call 24/7 during the holidays. If we can turn our phones off and spend the time with our families without worrying about having to work, it would be awesome :)

Patrick

• Hi, I am having the same problem on my network (community.wholeliving.com) with polldaddy flash poll embeds. Seems like it's everything with an embed code?  Help! 

• I think Ning is removing the embed code when you publish. Some of the code is there but not the section that starts with <embed>

This conversation is also taking place here:

http://creators.ning.com/forum/topics/my-videos-are-not-working-in

• Michael,

Can you give me an example of a video that is not working? All the videos appear to work for me.

Patrick

This reply was deleted.

Search the Creators Network

Latest Activity

dave replied to George H. Compton IV's discussion (TIP) Ning 2.0 responsive fullwidth network at any screen resolution. :O Cellphones to TV's ;)
"Thank you very much for all your help George,I love it and it's made my site look really good on th…"
37 minutes ago
Rosemary Burns left a comment for Star-Dust
""
54 minutes ago
Rosemary Burns left a comment for Chris Comish
""
55 minutes ago
Rosemary Burns left a comment for Andrea Cortiano
""
1 hour ago
Rosemary Burns left a comment for TJ @ jQueryHelp
""
1 hour ago
Rosemary Burns left a comment for caro
""
1 hour ago
Rosemary Burns left a comment for Polivic Fairie
""
1 hour ago
Rosemary Burns left a comment for MIDNIGHT PHIRE
""
1 hour ago
Rosemary Burns left a comment for DancingWind
""
1 hour ago
Rosemary Burns left a comment for Rosemary Burns
""
1 hour ago
Rosemary Burns left a comment for wolfje
""
1 hour ago
dave replied to George H. Compton IV's discussion (TIP) Ning 2.0 responsive fullwidth network at any screen resolution. :O Cellphones to TV's ;)
"Works real nice on the iPhone George , Just perfect :-) The site looks fantastic"
1 hour ago
Fire-Tech replied to Fire-Tech's discussion 3.0 Tip: Saving Your Newsletters & Other Broadcast Messages While Keeping Them White Label
"Thanks J...and thanks for mentioning the codepen. I always forget about it. Originally, I was going…"
1 hour ago
Fire-Tech replied to Fire-Tech's discussion 3.0 Tip: Saving Your Newsletters & Other Broadcast Messages While Keeping Them White Label
"Thanks Jen :)"
1 hour ago
"Thanks TJ :)"
1 hour ago
Necole Brown left a comment for Necole Brown
3 hours ago
Jamie Baker (Vision) left a comment for Robin Johnson
"Hi Robin, I sent you a friend request so I could message you regarding your site."
4 hours ago
JFarrow replied to Dixie Redmond's discussion Ning 3 - Saving photos?
"sure gives me some ideas John.. thanks for sharing this.. looking forward to what TJ comes up with.."
5 hours ago
Writer Chick {Diane} replied to Karl Harrison's discussion Deleting Data
"It's also according to what kind of site you run. If your members are contributing ORIGINAL content…"
7 hours ago
JFarrow replied to Peter Matthews's discussion Faceted search for Ning 3.0?
"wonderful indeed it would be"
7 hours ago
More…