WTF?
All tags are gone from all of the blog posts. It happened around Nov 20th. Since that time I am trying to get to support(premium service) and thet replied only once without solutions or anything.

My network is lifenavigator.ning.com

Views: 18

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

Well, ning gotta backup very databases. I don't mind loosing couple of blog posts but instead restore all of my tags. If they cannot fix this problem I will start anti-ning campaign:)
Hi Misha,
Hopefully this will ease your mind on backups. I can't speak directly for Ning; however, I am most certain that Ning has more than just backup databases, yet a full disaster recovery plan. With today's technology, expectations and legalities: there is simply no possible way that this type of plan is not in place at Ning. In fact I have direct experience with losing something as simple as a site theme, yet a very critical issue. Ning Support was able to restore my theme from previous backups and reinstall on my pet site.

On tags, yes, I've noticed this too. I reported this via the Ning Help Desk, here:
Ning Help Desk

Here is an excerpt from the answer I received from the Support Desk:
"... your comment about the tags disappearing. ..., and our engineers are currently working on recovering the tags that are missing and to insure that this doesn't happen in the future."

Hope that helps,
Jen
Sorry to hear you've had a bad experience with Ning Help. I've had just the opposite experience, 100%. I hope things get better for you on this, truly.

And, we'll have to agree to disagree. ;-) IMO, Ning is not just concerned about protecting their interest. If they didn't have their customer's best interests at the top of the list, within their product development & implementation plans, they wouldn't have several million networks.
Best,
Jen
Honestly, I appreciate your concerns and thoughts. On the flip side of this thought process, I've been in Software Development Management for 20+ years. I've managed mega multi-million dollar projects (Wall Street to Silicon Valley), and am familiar with industry trends, standards, and keep up with "select" capital corporate investments/funding - - I sincerely disagree with you. But, if I knew it all, we probably wouldn't be having this conversation. I'd be off in my Villa on the French Riviera, with my feet kicked up. LOL! I'm always open to learning from others and new ideas.

Like we've already agreed, we have to agree to disagree, for now. ;-)
Best,
Jen
Jen

You wanna come and bring some of those skills to help the Safe World for Women Campaign - my you woudl be very highly valued

You wouldn't get any material benefits but if there is a god up there he/she will pour love into your ears from ahigh!!

andrew
I'll pop a private message...
I did as well for a site that had videos tagged. You notice the tags present in one view but not in another. Hope you have success getting them back. If you do please let us know.
Ninette are you seriously here laughing at this NC from the very first post? Really? Ban yourself.

e
LOL = Laughing Out Loud.. Use it lightly, and not in every post where a fellow network creator is crying for help because of an issue that may be costing them money. We're here to support each other, and yes, if you're here to help, be serious and don't LOL at them.
Take the Barack Obama fast-track route to success, Ninette: just agree with everybody and tell them you feel their pain ; )

RSS

What's Up With Ning 3.0?

Click here to share your thoughts on what features we should develop next! - Survey will close Friday, 4/25

Projects that the Ning 3.0 Team is currently working on: 

Articles - a new way of organizing longer content pieces. Released 4/16.

Activity Feed Updates - options for more content in the activity feed.

Forum Notifications - ability for members to opt into receiving notifications of new discussions in forums. Released 4/9. 

APIs - The ability to create new members and content programatically.

For more information on what's next, visit the Product Roadmap

Latest Activity

soaringeagle replied to Phil McCluskey's discussion 'Introducing Articles and the Author Bio Box'
"yup just add permenantly to leave"
13 minutes ago
Kos replied to Phil McCluskey's discussion 'Introducing Articles and the Author Bio Box'
"Jeffrey can't that be altered in Language Editor?"
25 minutes ago
soaringeagle replied to Phil McCluskey's discussion 'Introducing Articles and the Author Bio Box'
"i do find it hard to believe but ..use the language editor and add permenantly to the leave…"
35 minutes ago
Jeffrey Haskins replied to Phil McCluskey's discussion 'Introducing Articles and the Author Bio Box'
"SE True, True, but same point as Strum made, some folks are internet clueless, and if they really…"
37 minutes ago
"i agree but disagree only thing i disagree with i disagree strongly with and thats the read more…"
49 minutes ago
Strumelia replied to Phil McCluskey's discussion 'Introducing Articles and the Author Bio Box'
"SE, the same thing happens sometimes for me- members think the little link that says "Leave…"
52 minutes ago
Jeffrey Haskins replied to Phil McCluskey's discussion 'Introducing Articles and the Author Bio Box'
"Don't think the date will be a hard change, as the articles are already time and date stamped…"
55 minutes ago
"they never had to sign in to the group  and in settings theres a leave this network.. im…"
58 minutes ago

© 2014   Created by Ning.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service