Current status of the Ning Platform is always available on the Ning Status Blog.

NC for Hire

Hi

This is a simple yet potentially lucrative tip to insert Google Adsense or Yahoo/Bing Ads (or anything really) after the first paragraph (defined by <p> tags) in all content in forum or blog posts (including member posts).

ADS IN BLOGS:

Click to enlarge preview
Here is the script to insert adverts under the first paragraph in BLOG POSTS. The red script will need to be replaced with your own Google Adsense or Yahoo/Bing ads script.

Put it in your custom code box:

<!-- Insert Ads INSIDE Blog Posts by SweetPotato -->
<div id="ad_after_jump" style="display:none;">
<!-- Advert Script START -->
<script id="mNCC" language="javascript">  medianet_width='200';  medianet_height= '200';  medianet_crid='45454545';  </script>  <script id="mNSC" src="http://contextual.media.net/nmedianet.js?cid=4545454" language="javascript"></script>
<!-- Advert Code END -->
</div><script type="text/javascript">if (typeof(x$) != 'undefined') {  x$('.xg_widget_profiles_blog_show .postbody .xg_user_generated').find('p').eq(0).after('<p style="font-weight:bold;">Continued after the jump ....</p></br><div id="ContentAdverts"></div>');    var inject_SPadverts = document.getElementById('ad_after_jump');    var SPadverts = document.getElementById('ContentAdverts');    SPadverts.innerHTML = inject_SPadverts.innerHTML; }</script>

ADS IN FORUM POSTS - same as above but use this code and change the red script.

<!-- Insert Ads INSIDE Forum Posts by SweetPotato -->
<div id="ad_after_jump" style="display:none;">
<!-- Advert Script START -->
<script id="mNCC" language="javascript"> medianet_width='200'; medianet_height= '200'; medianet_crid='54565767'; </script> <script id="mNSC" src="http://contextual.media.net/nmedianet.js?cid=84534343" language="javascript"></script>
<!-- Advert Code END -->
</div><script type="text/javascript">if (typeof(x$) != 'undefined') { x$('.xg_widget_forum_topic_show .description .xg_user_generated').find('p').eq(0).after('<p style="font-weight:bold;">Continued after the jump ....</p></br><div id="ContentAdverts"></div>'); var inject_SPadverts = document.getElementById('ad_after_jump'); var SPadverts = document.getElementById('ContentAdverts'); SPadverts.innerHTML = inject_SPadverts.innerHTML; }</script>

I have tested this pretty thoroughly and only come across a couple of instances where the ads weren't where I expected them to be. 95% of the time they are after the first paragraph, assuming that the html generated in the content has the correct <P>tags.

If your ads are not going to fill the width of the page, for example if they are 200px wide, and you want the following paragraph to wrap around the advert then add this css to your advanced css section:

#ContentAdverts{
width:220px;
float:left;
margin-right:15px;
}

If you want to remove the 'Continued after the jump wording then delete <p style="font-weight:bold;">Continued after the jump ....</p></br> from the code above.

Play around with it and see how you get along.

Enjoy

SP

More tips

You need to be a member of Ning Creators Social Network to add comments!

Join Ning Creators Social Network

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• gud
  • NC for Hire

This week seems to be getting better. We can say tips week. Another great tip. Keep it up SP.

• Great tip SP. Am curious if i added a picture on the first right side of the blog right next to the first pragraph, wont this code interfere with it. I mean wont the Ad show on the first main/ front page of the network?

I am surely going to try this tip. It looks great.
    • NC for Hire
      It depends if the image is in the first set of para tags. My advice would be to include the image in the first paragraph aligned left or right so the text wraps around it substantially enough for it to look ok once the code gets injected. But this tip doesn't really factor in all the variables possible. All I can suggest is to try it and see how it looks. My guess is that this tip will be best with inline text ads. Let me know how it goes. Sp

• Hi SP,

I saw this from jen and I was wondering if you could combine it with yours so we have one add after the first paragraph and one at the button?

http://jensocial.com/forum/topic/show?id=2154984%3ATopic%3A477210&a...

• NC for Hire
      Button or bottom? Either way I'm reluctant to play around with Jen's tip from her site. I'd ask her, especially if you are in her premium group.
      Sp
This reply was deleted.

Some interesting articles related to community management, digital marketing etc. could be found in our digest. Don't hesitate to leave a feedback so we would know that we should continue :-)

Latest Activity

LEO Mobile App Builder updated their profile
Tuesday
Aase Lillian replied to Aase Lillian's discussion
Community - activity page
"Ok, thank you. Please send me details as I have no idea on how to do it. "
Mar 19
Aase Lillian and ⚡JFarrow⌁ are now friends
NC for Hire
Mar 19
⚡JFarrow⌁ updated their profile photo
Mar 18
⚡JFarrow⌁ replied to Aase Lillian's discussion
Community - activity page
"Yes you can add emojis to your community pretty much anywhere you like.
If you need some help…"
Mar 18
Aase Lillian updated their profile
Mar 18
Aase Lillian posted a discussion
Hi all. Is it possible to add emojis to the community? I also wish the activity page to include…
Mar 18
Donna MacShoe updated their profile photo
Mar 6
Adul Rodri is now friends with ANGE.L LUAR and Margarida Maria Madruga
Feb 14
Shweta Sharma updated their profile
Jan 26
catherine martin updated their profile
Jan 16
Donna MacShoe updated their profile photo
Jan 15
More…