Current status of the Ning Platform is always available on the Ning Status Blog.

Updated 06-25-2020

All the features of Ning 2.0 with  Ning 3.0 responsiveness.. ;) This code has been updated. It'll work on any layout but it works the best with the (A) layouts ( layout A1 - A4)

Tested and working in all newer browsers IE 9, 10, 11 - Firefox - Google Chrome - Safari. for cell phones, Laptops, PCs, Macintosh and yes TVs....

The fullwidth portion of this code also works in IE 7, 8. for Laptops, PCs and TVs...

It's compatible with all operating systems...

Compatible hardware - cell phones, Laptops, PCs, Macintosh and yes TVs....

Most pages will fit on the smallest of cell phones but I recommend a screen resolution of 480 pixels and wider. But like I said most of the network will fit on screen resolutions of 250 pixels and greater.

With this code your N2 will pass Google developers, mobile friendly test, without using Nings mobile app.

click here to see it live on "The Constitutional Conservatives".

If anyone would like help setting this up I'll be more than happy to give you a hand.

GEOCOMs Ning 2.0 Responsive Fullwidth Network v5 part 1

Part 1 goes in your (ad-box above the header) Make sure you press the HTML button before inserting the code.

<meta name="viewport" content="width=device-width, initial-scale=1" ></meta><link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="https://storage.ning.com/topology/rest/1.0/file/get/14338574?profile=original" id="N2_R_F_W_N_v5_P1" ></link>

Part 2 goes in your (custom code box)

The video enhancements come with my "profile text box video mod". To turn the mod on change the ID name in the video enhancement script from this  id  " id='gframe' " to this id   id='MOD_FN' ..

<!-- Start GEOCOMs Ning 2.0 responsive fullwidth network v6 part 2 -->
<script src="https://storage.ning.com/topology/rest/1.0/file/get/6335680082?profile=original" type="text/javascript"></script>
<!-- START Ning 2.0 Video enhancements -->
<script src="https://storage.ning.com/topology/rest/1.0/file/get/6359602678?profile=original" type="text/javascript" id='gframe' class="gf_helper" ></script>

Part 3 goes in your (design studio CSS session)

/* Start GEOCOMs Ning 2.0 responsive fullwidth network Part 3 */
@media screen and (max-width:1144px)  {
DIV#xg.account.external-auth DIV#xg_body,        
DIV#xg.account.external-auth .xg_lightborder{
     width: 92%!important;
     min-width: 100px!important;
     max-width: 500px!important;
    left:0px!important;
    right:0px!important;
    margin-left:auto!important;
    margin-right:auto!important;     } }
@media screen and (max-device-width:1144px)  {
DIV#xg.account.external-auth DIV#xg_body,       
DIV#xg.account.external-auth .xg_lightborder{
     font-size: 34px!important;
    line-height: 35px!important;    } }
@media screen and (max-width: 760px)  {
table.categories p, table.categories ul {
    padding-left: 0px!important;
    padding: 3px!important;
    margin-top: 0px!important;}
  TD.xg_lightborder H3{
    margin-top: 70px!important;
    margin-left: 0px!important;
    padding-left: 0px!important; }
BODY TD.xg_lightborder {
    padding-right: 0px !important;
    padding: 2px !important;
    width:45%!important;}
BODY .xg_theme TD.xg_lightborder,
BODY .xg_theme th.xg_lightborder{
  width:45%!important;
  min-width:45%!important;
  max-width:45%!important;}    
BODY .body_events_main ul.clist div.tb {
    margin-left: 10px;
    margin-top: 110px;}
BODY .body_events_main ul.clist li a span.image {
    margin-right: 16px !important;  } }
/* End Ning 2.0 responsive fullwidth network Part 3 */

557925?profile=RESIZE_480x480

maB N_2.0_FWN_mobile_app_V3.0.js

N2_GEO_mod_RT_v2.5.044_3x.js

N2_GEO_mod_RT_v2.6_3x.js

You need to be a member of Ning Creators Social Network to add comments!

Join Ning Creators Social Network

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• You sure sound busy LOL :-) that's a good thing :-)
                      remember to keep a copy of the original style sheet that you're using, just in case you like that one better.  You have a great day Scott

• NC for Hire

This is a real contribution and service to the community. It would be easy to miss and not get the impact of this contribution if not for all the appreciative comments. I am sure this one will figure among them as well. Great job leading the way.

• WOW Thank you for the compliment and the kind words Garfield :) Hope you have an awesome weekend.

• Works real nice on the iPhone George , Just perfect :-) The site looks fantastic

• Thank you very much for all your help George,I love it and it's made my site look really good on the 30inch Monitor :-)

• I think the only way to get this to truly work on mobile phones is to have it split up as a separate screen somehow, one script showing on desktop and another script that's redirected when mobile is detected.

DudaOne is leading the way to converting to responsive websites but even their sites do the same thing that you are trying to accomplish so they are doing my suggestion here above.  

PS. script or (whatever) is sort of babel talk coming from me as I'm not a programmer. I'm good with html but I only know how to copy & past scripts, objects, css, etc and maybe dabble in it a little for tweaking. 

• Have you tried it on the TV yet or on a monitor with 1900 pixels and wider oh my God beautiful... :)  This code was not just for cell phones.

• I have no doubt that it is, it looks great on my large PC widescreen and goes responsive perfectly when squeezed down.

Like you said in a earlier statement, it's taking Ning with a team of over a year and can't come close to what you've done here.

The big value though is if you can get this responsive on mobile. This year alone over 50% of Google searches are being done from mobile phones. ...Google! 

• This reply was deleted.
    • Hello United Spirits, of course you can share this tip. I don't mind if anyone tears this code down into little pieces and uses it the way they would like. If you just want the menu button for a code you're working on, use it. I don't mind at all. :-)
      You have a great day.

This reply was deleted.

Some interesting articles related to community management, digital marketing etc. could be found in our digest. Don't hesitate to leave a feedback so we would know that we should continue :-)

Latest Activity

LEO Mobile App Builder updated their profile
Tuesday
Aase Lillian replied to Aase Lillian's discussion
Community - activity page
"Ok, thank you. Please send me details as I have no idea on how to do it. "
Mar 19
Aase Lillian and ⚡JFarrow⌁ are now friends
NC for Hire
Mar 19
⚡JFarrow⌁ updated their profile photo
Mar 18
⚡JFarrow⌁ replied to Aase Lillian's discussion
Community - activity page
"Yes you can add emojis to your community pretty much anywhere you like.
If you need some help…"
Mar 18
Aase Lillian updated their profile
Mar 18
Aase Lillian posted a discussion
Hi all. Is it possible to add emojis to the community? I also wish the activity page to include…
Mar 18
Donna MacShoe updated their profile photo
Mar 6
Adul Rodri is now friends with ANGE.L LUAR and Margarida Maria Madruga
Feb 14
Shweta Sharma updated their profile
Jan 26
catherine martin updated their profile
Jan 16
Donna MacShoe updated their profile photo
Jan 15
More…