Current status of the Ning Platform is always available on the Ning Status Blog.

Forum

Trouble With Cometchat or Just Me?

These guys are making me insane and I'm wondering if anyone else is experiencing the same.

We went down two weeks ago (Monday morning 12/26).  I filed a ticket and it was finally looked at two days later in the afternoon.  Service was restored.

We fell down again last Monday January 2nd and another ticket was filed.  Again we received a reply January 4th saying "We are currently facing technical issues at our end which may result in a delayed response at this moment."

Seriously?  How do they not know their system was down?  Was I the only person complaining?

Finally on January 6th at 8pm I was told they had "released CometChat v6.3.2 with some fixes. Please clear your browser cache"...............and the fixes did not function at all.  The old codes don't work and the new codes didn't function.

Beautiful!

I've emailed them numerous times with absolutely no reply from them.  I realize I have a short fuse nowadays but this is ridiculous! 

Is anyone experiencing the same?  I'm shelling out good coin every month for "this"?

I MISS NING'S CHAT!!!!

You need to be a member of Ning Creators Social Network to add comments!

Join Ning Creators Social Network

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Skysa did close to the same thing for me. It auto takes out of my account every month. It took out and never showed that I paid them... Auto payment through paypal is the only way TO pay them. I sat for a week with no service after a sent in a ticket as proof. Finally had to call my bank and get it taken care of. I'm no longer with Skysa, I can say that much. Hope everything gets figured out for you!

• This morning (one week later) they asked me for my URL which is hysterical since it's ON my account there but I gave it to them (to check).  They're seven hours behind me so now I'll have to wait for TOMORROW (8 days) for them to look at it.  Completely ridiculous

If Ning had a 3.0 chat, these guys would be toast.  I'm seeking alternatives at this point.

• Hi there!

Adding Chat, Events, Paid Access and other features to Ning 3.0. is in our roadmap, so expect to find them on your Ning 3.0. networks in some time.

Regards,

Ning Team

• Thanks Anna.  Can you give an eta on Chat?   Paying these people is killing me.

• This and other features will approximately be back on Ning 3.0. in 2 months.

• Thank you

• Hello,

This is Mike here from the CometChat Team. We have been making some major updates to our cloud offering and as a result it affected users hosted on some clusters. Those issues have been resolved since then. It appears that you faced these issues on a couple of occasions as your cluster was affected the most. Am really sorry for this.

As you may have noticed, our look and feel has undergone a major update with a brand new UI. We have also added support for bots (should be available to all accounts shortly, if not already). 

I do apologize for the inconvenience faced by you. As a small token, we have added a month worth of subscription free to your account. 

Please do feel free to email us at support@cometchat.com if you need any assistance. Our team will be happy to help you further. You can also send in a direct message to me here.

Regards,

Mike
    CometChat | https://cloud.cometchat.com

• Mike problems still persist.  I'll hear a "ding" and there won't be any posts showing.  I'll have to refresh the page (Firefox and Chrome) to see any changes.  Can't tell you how annoying this is.

Embedding a photo is a failure as well b/c it's too small to be readable and cannot be popped out to enlarge.

I truly wish we could either enlarge the chatbox or make the font smaller.  It only displays 3-4 posts at a time and I'm constantly scrolling back up to see what's been posted.

Now I received an email that I had cancelled my subscription.  NO I did not!!!

wth

• Hello,

I have informed the team regarding the issues as well as your suggestions. I have also sent you a private message to provide further information. Can you please check?

Regards,

Mike
        CometChat | https://cloud.cometchat.com

• Yes I am having problems with CometChat Plus I have to say I really do not like the new ''UI'' whatever UI means, I mean I don't like the new look of it. It is not that intuitive and for older people would be tricky to navigate. It was okay before, why do tech companies always do these interface upgrades that don't make things better, just different...and in this case non operational. I ReALLY really do hope Ning 3 gets its own chat feature asap. It;s been a pain in the butt to have paid for outside chat for 3 years (for me anyways)

This reply was deleted.

Search the Creators Network

Latest Activity

⚡JFarrow⌁ replied to Fabricio Giugni's discussion Create a member Pro. What can he do that others can't?
"You could offer access to a group or set of pages that other members can't see..."
1 hour ago
Kevin Acosta replied to Kyryl_Ning_Support's discussion Chat Feature Update on Ning 3.0 is ready!
"FYI - some programming glitch is also affecting the old Ning 2.0 Pro sites . . . same "blank" regis…"
2 hours ago
Kevin Acosta replied to Marcelo Rodrigues's discussion Chat problem
"Apparently having the same issue here, including the timing as reported by site members while I was…"
2 hours ago
Kevin Acosta replied to Kyryl_Ning_Support's discussion Network not launched yet issue
"@ Kyryl - - thanks for these updates.  I was out of pocket traveling the past week, and several mem…"
2 hours ago
Tyler Durbin replied to Marcelo Rodrigues's discussion Chat problem
"My chat has been down for 2 days!  They are saying that it is a bug.  Ugggg...."
2 hours ago
Alex replied to Alex's discussion NING 3 Groups on Home Page
"Thank you John... works a treat.
Much obliged!
Alex"
3 hours ago
Manuel Adame Jimenez replied to Kyryl_Ning_Support's discussion Chat Feature Update on Ning 3.0 is ready!
"Patience Kos
{[°III ♤ ♡ ♧ III°]}"
3 hours ago
Bizz replied to Naveen Jain's discussion How can I disable Ning Search in 3.0
"Not sure, but will have to take a look to see if it's possible."
4 hours ago
Bizz replied to Alex's discussion NING 3 Groups on Home Page
"I would write this with this code below as it would keep the groups a nice size and not to small mu…"
4 hours ago
Ning via Facebook

#Ning #radio #online Tune in to the radio, find your playmates - and have fun on…

Mike Collins replied to Naveen Jain's discussion How can I disable Ning Search in 3.0
"John is there anyway of excluding the search in private groups through code?"
4 hours ago
Naveen Jain replied to Naveen Jain's discussion How can I disable Ning Search in 3.0
"This worked. Thanks"
5 hours ago
Naveen Jain replied to Naveen Jain's discussion How can I disable Ning Search in 3.0
"culytics.com"
5 hours ago
"Your most welcome :-)"
5 hours ago
Anam replied to Naveen Jain's discussion How can I disable Ning Search in 3.0
"Ahhh, I see! That makes sense. At least I eventually had the wit to think maybe it was my line of w…"
5 hours ago
Kos replied to Kyryl_Ning_Support's discussion Chat Feature Update on Ning 3.0 is ready!
"Day #3 and Chat is still down. This is ridiculous.  Please release "old" chat until you get things…"
5 hours ago
"No worries. If you want to make notes in css you must enclose them else it will stop all css from t…"
5 hours ago

Hi John, I actually had tried it and it didn't work, but just gave it another try and it did. I a…"
5 hours ago
"Hi Anam, did you try my one as it should work, works on mine and I tried it on the creators one.
#x…"
5 hours ago
"This didn't work for me. I also would like to remove the new search bar as it displays material in…"
6 hours ago
More…