I don't know if there is any NC out there with expectations as high as I have for the new Ning chat coming up soon. I am thinking I might be expecting too much. Some NCs don't really make the chat a core feature of their networks but in my case the chat is the main thing.
Ning usually puts up a topic about what people want for an upcoming feature. Has there been one on the chat that I missed? Shouldn't there me one running already?
I will just go ahead and list some of our top 10 expectations for the up coming chat. If we all share our expectations Ning might see the weight of this feature.
1. A better alert sound that can also be heard when a new member joins the chat room while one is browsing another website.
2. Smileys smileys and more smileys - especially animated ones.
3. Increase the number of words that can be sent in one go
4. Audio chat (dream)
5. Video chat (just saying)
6. Separate mini chat rooms that can be categorized
7. The ability to save chat history
8. The ability for NCs and Chat room moderators to allow or turn off web links, email addresses in the chat room.
9. The ability to chat without being visible or listed in the chat room (very useful for NCs and chat room moderators)
10. Shouldn't come with an additional fee.*****
It's won't be done next week !!! :-(
That's for sure....
It's a cut & paste answer...
Yes to all the above! Others on a wish list:
"somebody mentioned an hourglass or something to show somebody is typing"
Totally dig that!
► Separate controls for public chat alarm sound and private chat alarm sound.
yeah the idea of knowing that someone is typing is very good.
Was mentioned before.
Must work on iPad!!!
and on cell phones. Good point Michael
but Ning will soon be working on the Ning mobile version which might take care of that.
We will die waiting a new and good Ning chat.
Why Ning dont give us a GREAT chat?
How about the ability to 'buzz' a member, to get their attention.
Well wait a minute. If a improved Ning chat is on the way, suggestions are kinda moot.
I would expect any suggestions put forward now, if they appeared, it would be MONTHS from now.