I don't know if there is any NC out there with expectations as high as I have for the new Ning chat coming up soon. I am thinking I might be expecting too much. Some NCs don't really make the chat a core feature of their networks but in my case the chat is the main thing.
Ning usually puts up a topic about what people want for an upcoming feature. Has there been one on the chat that I missed? Shouldn't there me one running already?
I will just go ahead and list some of our top 10 expectations for the up coming chat. If we all share our expectations Ning might see the weight of this feature.
1. A better alert sound that can also be heard when a new member joins the chat room while one is browsing another website.
2. Smileys smileys and more smileys - especially animated ones.
3. Increase the number of words that can be sent in one go
4. Audio chat (dream)
5. Video chat (just saying)
6. Separate mini chat rooms that can be categorized
7. The ability to save chat history
8. The ability for NCs and Chat room moderators to allow or turn off web links, email addresses in the chat room.
9. The ability to chat without being visible or listed in the chat room (very useful for NCs and chat room moderators)
10. Shouldn't come with an additional fee.*****
Well this discussion is 8pages now and Ning hasn't made any comment yet. So we are still very much in the dark.
Maybe a discussion should be started like, "HEY NING! Has Development on the new chat started?!" LOL
Hey Jords, I think we already have one big piece of information about the new chat even though Ning hasn't commented yet. I mean the news about the connection with Wibiya chat. For those who use wibiya already, they kind of know what to expect.
I think this may help me decide between Wibiya and Skysa. I was going to go for the latter, but now may check out the first one.
Networks like mine with 90% of them youths will have a big break through if members could chat from their iphone, ipad, itouch... all those things they carry around. Most of them hardly sit down in front of a PC.
TokBox Video Chat free apps ning
TokBox has a problem with the video streaming when there are more than 5members chatting at the same time. May be their paid version is better.