I've been reading, looking, and thinking about the 3.0 upgrade for a while. Here's my list for how I want my site to work. Some of this I know is possible, some I'm not sure about. I figure putting it all down into a single list makes good sense, and sharing it will probably encourage good feedback from others or inspiration for people who haven't started digging in yet.
Looking forward to your thoughts.
My current site is here (for reference)
- Private Network with a cool landing page (maybe like the top part of this page). That page includes...
- Public blog section can be seen from home page (for SEO purposes)
- I'd like a few groups connected to the profile questions (auto assign to group)
- One profile question that says "yes, put me on the map" and then it adds them to a member map. I would also like this map to be linked to on the landing page and public.
- online store built in managed by me (happy to use shopify or whatever)
- side navigation that functions like this
- "latest activity" feed that only includes groups you are part of and/or friends you follow (in addition to the main forum, blog, and video pages)
- broadcast of "what brings you hear/what's on your mind" from profile page to facebook and twitter with auto hashtag #myNingSite
- some fresh perspective on ad location/dimensions
- Video player and events modules (I know they are on the road map)
These are my top 10. Which numbers are difficult to pull off?