Current status of the Ning Platform is always available on the Ning Status Blog.

Forum

Congratulations on Ning 3.0. I'm impressed with all the new features and functionalities. Job well done!

My only concern at this time is a BIG one! Why is't the platform fully compatible with tablets and phones? And more importantly. Why isn't there a plan to find a solution to this major issue? Compability with IPad/iphone should be essential. I don't know about other countries, but in Norway more people use ipad and iphones than traditional computers these days and a lot of people use iPad/iphone as their only device.

The forum and the blogs are useless without the functionality to upload photos and share active links etc.

I have tried to get Ning to answer this questions many many times, but no reply. Please share your thoughts on this important matter.

Again thank you for 3.0!

Best regards
Stig

You need to be a member of Ning Creators Social Network to add comments!

Join Ning Creators Social Network

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Answer below - in short, no interest, no care.

"Thanks for replying to us! This is because Flash is not supported on iPhones or iPads, which has no available workaround at this time. There is no issues from ning's end.
    Hope this helps!"
    • Really? Then I think I got the meaning of "responsive design" wrong. Ning 3.0 has been touted since last year for its compatibility on all devices. Then we end up saying no it isn't compatible with devices that don't support flash. It sounds like those devices just got made last week.

• Seriously?

Ning 3.0 is "responsive" except to iPhones and iPads?? How is that progressive or useful?

Pat

• so in other words if a member uses any apple device they cant contribute properly at all to the site..Its hardly a trivial matter. Ning is using the new standard HTML5 which is the new modern standard, its what steve jobs always championed which is why he refused to use flash, he said it was the past and old fashioned, so Ning why bother using this new responsive design and then spoil it by using this input system.

I must say its refreshing though as companies usually bend over backwards to accommodate Apple devices and leave the nexus behind and the nexus works fine on ning. 

• you can't see it on any phones if am not mistaken i have a galaxy S5 the new one and a Lg they do not work on them i wish someone could provide a way for the forums and comments to have a cover photo upload option like it do on blogs that would be nice 

• Yes i think thats true in most cases they dont work on my galaxy ace which is a shame because while the site displays lovely on my tiny phone, all i can do is make simple comments, cant add a picture from my phones gallery and stuff like that.. Its a shame to say the least
        • Seriously.  This is a major issue. It's as though Ning is building in obsolescence to begin with, but considers it unimportant.

I'm getting regular complaints already from people on my 2.0 concerning not being able to watch videos or post things from their iPads and iPhones-  and this will not be any different on 3.0 apparently?  Bizarre.

• its truly worrying this bit of news and i dont get it, why would you make a new modern platform that you know wont work properly with the main world leading brand of mobile devices like apple ipad and iphones. whats the point of having a responsive design if people on these devices cant use the site to interact. Being mobile is no longer a luxury, no site can survive without being proper mobile and fully compatible,and its only going to get worse as the years roll on.. Is ning not using HTML5 then 

This reply was deleted.

Search the Creators Network

Latest Activity

Kevin Acosta replied to Kevin Acosta's discussion Photo uploads being auto resized
"Yeah, well please pass along to the programmers in charge of such decisions that this new "feature"…"
1 hour ago
Ning via Facebook

#createwithNING Each online community is unique and special. What`s YOUR secret of network…

Kyryl_Ning_Support replied to Anastasiia_NING support's discussion Ning 2Q 2017 plan!
"Hi Stanislav,
I do apologise for the misunderstanding. It seems that my colleague has decided that…"
16 hours ago
Kyryl_Ning_Support replied to Kevin Acosta's discussion Photo uploads being auto resized
"Hi there!
The same question has been mentioned in this discussion http://creators.ning.com/forum/to…"
16 hours ago
Sherry Ritchie and James joined Ning Creators Social Network
16 hours ago
Stanislav replied to Anastasiia_NING support's discussion Ning 2Q 2017 plan!
"Kyryl, here is my ticket log with Anastasia, from which I understood I need to create new page and…"
17 hours ago
Aubrey Williams replied to Aubrey Williams's discussion Paid Access 2017
"Thanks for the response Kyryl, but based on Ning's history of not launching things on time, I can't…"
18 hours ago
Aubrey Williams replied to Aubrey Williams's discussion Paid Access 2017
"Naveen, please tell me more. Were you able to integrate Stripe with your Ning site in a way that re…"
18 hours ago
Kevin Acosta replied to Kevin Acosta's discussion Photo uploads being auto resized
"Well, even the FULL SIZE 38.5" x 36" poster that I attache was scaled down, so now that doesn't eve…"
yesterday
Kyryl_Ning_Support replied to Aubrey Williams's discussion Paid Access 2017
"Hi there,
We plan to initially release the PaidAccess for Ning 3.0 with PayPal and credit card supp…"
yesterday
Kyryl_Ning_Support replied to Naveen Jain's discussion Wiki like functionality in Ning
"Hi there!
Unfortunately, we don't have the module on our platform that would be working in the way…"
yesterday
Kyryl_Ning_Support replied to Anastasiia_NING support's discussion Ning 2Q 2017 plan!
"Hi there!
Thanks for the question.
No, you don't have to create the new network each time the new f…"
yesterday
Matt replied to Aubrey Williams's discussion Paid Access 2017
"Good point, Stripe is awesome. "
yesterday
ASDKFljflkj is now a member of Ning Creators Social Network
yesterday
Alliance replied to Alliance's discussion Profile members on MY Page
"Thanks so much for this help things look sooooo much better now."
yesterday
Bizz ( John ) replied to Alliance's discussion Profile members on MY Page
"You could also try this which I have on my site just now for testing. This will adjust the avatar s…"
Sunday
"As matrix items are shared with other parts of the network if you add that then this would affect t…"
Sunday
Stanislav replied to Anastasiia_NING support's discussion Ning 2Q 2017 plan!
"Hi, I'm waiting you to implement all new features to the Network in Q2 and want to start my network…"
Sunday
Alliance replied to Alliance's discussion Profile members on MY Page
"Thank you 
Right now I have a big space between each item. Following that same logic, the container…"
Sunday
"You can adjust the avatar sizes with this, just change the width to the size required.
.section-mem…"
Saturday
More…