Current status of the Ning Platform is always available on the Ning Status Blog.

Forum

I understand that Wordpress and other sites will be making these available:- Wordpress Plugin If not...might it be possible to post a guide here on the easiest and most effective ways of doing this? I'm thinking in terms of uploading a a temporary index page to the file manager with appropriate text and links. Can anybody suggest any other methods?

You need to be a member of Ning Creators Network to add comments!

Join Ning Creators Network

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Thanks for asking what I wanted to!

You can for now use code from this site which won't black your site out but will at least help your visitors to act in an informed manner.

http://americancensorship.org/

• That looks like a good option....how do I get the stop censorship code in the header? Presumably via the advanced CSS? Not sure how to do it.

• No it goes in your custom code block....

• OK, but WHERE in the custom code block should it go? At the top, bottom, somewhere else? Or does it matter? I opened my custom code block and there's lots of code in there.

Thanks!

• If I read correctly, SOPA (for now) is a dead bill.

• That's beside the point. They're still going to vote on it in February, and its sister bill in the Senate is still alive, too (PIPA). This is a very serious issue and we need to recognize that.

• I tried testing this on my test network and can't get it to work. Here's the original code:

<script type="text/javascript">var a=new Date,b=a.getUTCHours();if(0==a.getUTCMonth()&&2012==a.getUTCFullYear()&&((18==a.getUTCDate()&&13<=b)||(19==a.getUTCDate()&&0>=b)))window.location="http://sopastrike.com/strike";</script>

I edited the date, changing "18" to "17" and "19" to "18" so that I could presumably test it NOW (adding it at the top of the Custom Code box), but it didn't work. The test network displayed normally. Did I not do something right?

• I added the BLACK OUT NOTICE, but the NING website is still running.

I would love it folks would visit my blog on this subject.

Wikipedia SOPA Protest Turns The Lights Out Wednesday January 18 2012

• Yes, because I tried to put this on my site too and it would not work so I had to use the Language editor but when I use that it just shows the message but the links wont work....here is my site you can view for yourself what I did and how the links still won't work. I tried the Sopa code in every which way but it still would NOT work. I even told my members and twitter and facebook followers about it...I felt really stupid lol

http://www.starseeds.net/

This reply was deleted.

Search the Creators Network

Latest Activity

Zachary Moonshine replied to Anant Garg's discussion CometChat Network Edition now available for NING
"thanx yes it does work this is very cool cometchat has an edge on other chats for sure. i am mainly…"
54 minutes ago
Zachary Moonshine replied to soaringeagle's discussion ning to jamroom just got eassier and more powerful
"and 48 hours is very impressive man !"
1 hour ago
Zachary Moonshine replied to soaringeagle's discussion ning to jamroom just got eassier and more powerful
"that's a pretty cool site dude !"
1 hour ago
Anant Garg replied to Anant Garg's discussion CometChat Network Edition now available for NING
"Please email the support team at (help@cometchat.com) and they will get back to you."
3 hours ago
Anant Garg replied to Anant Garg's discussion CometChat Network Edition now available for NING
"I've checked with the team and they have replied regarding this. Please email them if you still fac…"
3 hours ago
Nawal Kumar is now a member of Hire a Creator
5 hours ago
Nawal Kumar left a comment for Nawal Kumar
"We need a web designer in Mumbai to develop our website. Contact Nawal Kumar at Mumbai 9323757275"
5 hours ago
soaringeagle replied to soaringeagle's discussion ning to jamroom just got eassier and more powerful
"and..i just posted an event a goal of  going live by new years eve..
if not then then very near then"
8 hours ago
Rob Nanya replied to Rob Nanya's discussion Any simple way to put the site offline?
"Sounds good.  I'm used to other CMSs like Joomla where you can take your site offline with a click…"
10 hours ago
Kos replied to Rob Nanya's discussion Any simple way to put the site offline?
"I never worry about the other pages - 99.9% of people wouldn't know how to enter a URL to find them…"
11 hours ago
Kos replied to Rob Nanya's discussion Any simple way to put the site offline?
"Do you not want members to even access it?
If you just wish visitors not to be able to view, I woul…"
11 hours ago
Az'ya replied to Az'ya's discussion How do I place the google custom search box in a sidebar module?
"Thanks Kos... yes, it's been a disappointment that there is no internal search. I've opted out of u…"
13 hours ago
Rob Nanya replied to Rob Nanya's discussion how to change style/color of single module?
"Sure, if you go to http://preserve.ning.com/ homepage there is the UTube module and the Blog module…"
13 hours ago
Rob Nanya replied to Rob Nanya's discussion Can't use footer - greyed out
"CORRECTION:Just tried it in Firefox and it worked.  Was using Chrome all the time and no go on that…"
14 hours ago
Rob Nanya replied to Rob Nanya's discussion Can't use footer - greyed out
"When I click on those boxes nothing pops-up.  No Content Settings box comes up.  I think that's whe…"
14 hours ago
Antonio Ancelmo Matos Santos is now a member of Tips and advice.
15 hours ago
John Bizley replied to George H. Compton IV's discussion A tip all Ning3 networks can benefit from. "fluid YouTube, Slideshare & Vimeo Videos"
"Nice one George that's a great update :-)"
16 hours ago
George H. Compton IV replied to George H. Compton IV's discussion A tip all Ning3 networks can benefit from. "fluid YouTube, Slideshare & Vimeo Videos"
"Update!! This code now supports slideshare presentations. If there's any certain type of video play…"
16 hours ago
George H. Compton IV replied to John Bizley's discussion My Completed Video List Page and Main Viewing Page
"You're welcome John.I'll try to write something for that no guarantees though.
By the way I just up…"
17 hours ago
Thomas C Walker left a comment for carol
"Thank you for the Welcome Carol!"
17 hours ago
More…