Current status of the Ning Platform is always available on the Ning Status Blog.

Forum

I understand that Wordpress and other sites will be making these available:- Wordpress Plugin If not...might it be possible to post a guide here on the easiest and most effective ways of doing this? I'm thinking in terms of uploading a a temporary index page to the file manager with appropriate text and links. Can anybody suggest any other methods?

You need to be a member of Ning Creators Network to add comments!

Join Ning Creators Network

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Thanks for asking what I wanted to!

You can for now use code from this site which won't black your site out but will at least help your visitors to act in an informed manner.

http://americancensorship.org/

• That looks like a good option....how do I get the stop censorship code in the header? Presumably via the advanced CSS? Not sure how to do it.

• No it goes in your custom code block....

• OK, but WHERE in the custom code block should it go? At the top, bottom, somewhere else? Or does it matter? I opened my custom code block and there's lots of code in there.

Thanks!

• If I read correctly, SOPA (for now) is a dead bill.

• That's beside the point. They're still going to vote on it in February, and its sister bill in the Senate is still alive, too (PIPA). This is a very serious issue and we need to recognize that.

• I tried testing this on my test network and can't get it to work. Here's the original code:

<script type="text/javascript">var a=new Date,b=a.getUTCHours();if(0==a.getUTCMonth()&&2012==a.getUTCFullYear()&&((18==a.getUTCDate()&&13<=b)||(19==a.getUTCDate()&&0>=b)))window.location="http://sopastrike.com/strike";</script>

I edited the date, changing "18" to "17" and "19" to "18" so that I could presumably test it NOW (adding it at the top of the Custom Code box), but it didn't work. The test network displayed normally. Did I not do something right?

• I added the BLACK OUT NOTICE, but the NING website is still running.

I would love it folks would visit my blog on this subject.

Wikipedia SOPA Protest Turns The Lights Out Wednesday January 18 2012

• Yes, because I tried to put this on my site too and it would not work so I had to use the Language editor but when I use that it just shows the message but the links wont work....here is my site you can view for yourself what I did and how the links still won't work. I tried the Sopa code in every which way but it still would NOT work. I even told my members and twitter and facebook followers about it...I felt really stupid lol

http://www.starseeds.net/

This reply was deleted.

Search the Creators Network

Latest Activity

soaringeagle replied to Brandon Owens's discussion 3 essential back-end changes that Ning could make to increase Everyone's traffic
"haha well the 1  gallery update we asked for did seem to  show up in seconds but nobody can code th…"
6 minutes ago
George H. Compton IV replied to Zachary Moonshine's discussion Fixed menu at the top Ning 3 ?
"@media screen and (min-width:1000px) { NAV.navbar {    position: fixed;    top:30px;    left:0px;…"
40 minutes ago
Dustin Craig replied to Zachary Moonshine's discussion How to stop spammers ning 3 ?
"I also have an open ended profile question ("Tell us about your faith journey") that I use to weed…"
52 minutes ago
Dustin Craig replied to Zachary Moonshine's discussion How to stop spammers ning 3 ?
"Make sure you block the IP addresses from your spam members (do this by copying the IP addresses fr…"
53 minutes ago
Zachary Moonshine replied to Zachary Moonshine's discussion How to stop spammers ning 3 ?
"thanx Strumelia i just added some more questions, a sign up quiz and captcha quiz.
hopefully that w…"
5 hours ago
Mary Jane Peterson replied to Mary Jane Peterson's discussion Activity Box
"Thank you"
5 hours ago
Mary Jane Peterson replied to Mary Jane Peterson's discussion Activity Box
"Hello George 

Thank you so much your a star :D as all always "
5 hours ago
Strumelia replied to Zachary Moonshine's discussion How to stop spammers ning 3 ?
"I strongly suggest you set new signups to be 'pending' and require your approval to activate member…"
5 hours ago
Strumelia replied to Brandon Owens's discussion 3 essential back-end changes that Ning could make to increase Everyone's traffic
"Minutes have actually been done.  !"
5 hours ago
Robert Spencer replied to Brandon Owens's discussion 3 essential back-end changes that Ning could make to increase Everyone's traffic
"...maybe minutes, sometimes seconds.."
9 hours ago
Ofelia B.G. replied to Ofelia B.G.'s discussion Error 500
"I never had that problem before untill now, but yeah i see there is some issues in the server of 2.…"
18 hours ago
ONE HAPPY FAMILY replied to Ning's discussion Introducing Activity Feed Improvements, Including Member Status Updates
"http://zbijadek.ning.com my web no works what is problem I see:
500: Unexpected Error
Please try re…"
18 hours ago
TJ @ jQueryHelp replied to Chris Pileggi's discussion Counting Likes and Comments with PHP? (Ning 2.0)
"That's pretty much most of what I've done all these years - interface Ning sites with external serv…"
19 hours ago
George H. Compton IV replied to Mary Jane Peterson's discussion Activity Box
"Hi Mary, all fixed... You had it set to only show on profiles."
19 hours ago
George H. Compton IV replied to George H. Compton IV's discussion A tip all Ning3 networks can benefit from. "fluid YouTube & Vimeo Videos" N3
"I'm sorry Shelly!!!   I've changed the wording in this discussion to make it clearer on what this c…"
20 hours ago
Andrzej Góralczyk replied to Ofelia B.G.'s discussion Error 500
"My network also suffers this error, repeating every few days.Business Dialog, Poland."
20 hours ago
Gina Krupsky replied to Ofelia B.G.'s discussion Error 500
"I have it too. Ugh."
20 hours ago
Vincent Granville replied to Ofelia B.G.'s discussion Error 500
"Yes, two of my Ning networks (one with 40,000 members) experience this for hours pretty much twice…"
21 hours ago
John Bizley replied to Mary Jane Peterson's discussion Activity Box
"You need to add to your homepage, go to your site & pages then click on your homepage in the list,…"
21 hours ago
Kos replied to Ofelia B.G.'s discussion Error 500
"Yes, intermittently on 2.0 (not on 3.0)  Ning needs to fix that server........."
22 hours ago
More…