Current status of the Ning Platform is always available on the Ning Status Blog.

Forum

I understand that Wordpress and other sites will be making these available:- Wordpress Plugin If not...might it be possible to post a guide here on the easiest and most effective ways of doing this? I'm thinking in terms of uploading a a temporary index page to the file manager with appropriate text and links. Can anybody suggest any other methods?

You need to be a member of Ning Creators Network to add comments!

Join Ning Creators Network

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Thanks for asking what I wanted to!

You can for now use code from this site which won't black your site out but will at least help your visitors to act in an informed manner.

http://americancensorship.org/

• That looks like a good option....how do I get the stop censorship code in the header? Presumably via the advanced CSS? Not sure how to do it.

• No it goes in your custom code block....

• OK, but WHERE in the custom code block should it go? At the top, bottom, somewhere else? Or does it matter? I opened my custom code block and there's lots of code in there.

Thanks!

• If I read correctly, SOPA (for now) is a dead bill.

• That's beside the point. They're still going to vote on it in February, and its sister bill in the Senate is still alive, too (PIPA). This is a very serious issue and we need to recognize that.

• I tried testing this on my test network and can't get it to work. Here's the original code:

<script type="text/javascript">var a=new Date,b=a.getUTCHours();if(0==a.getUTCMonth()&&2012==a.getUTCFullYear()&&((18==a.getUTCDate()&&13<=b)||(19==a.getUTCDate()&&0>=b)))window.location="http://sopastrike.com/strike";</script>

I edited the date, changing "18" to "17" and "19" to "18" so that I could presumably test it NOW (adding it at the top of the Custom Code box), but it didn't work. The test network displayed normally. Did I not do something right?

• I added the BLACK OUT NOTICE, but the NING website is still running.

I would love it folks would visit my blog on this subject.

Wikipedia SOPA Protest Turns The Lights Out Wednesday January 18 2012

• Yes, because I tried to put this on my site too and it would not work so I had to use the Language editor but when I use that it just shows the message but the links wont work....here is my site you can view for yourself what I did and how the links still won't work. I tried the Sopa code in every which way but it still would NOT work. I even told my members and twitter and facebook followers about it...I felt really stupid lol

http://www.starseeds.net/

This reply was deleted.

Search the Creators Network

Latest Activity

Kos replied to James Hollins's discussion Ning site is full of pop ups
"Mine are back up.  Were you able to resolve your pop up issue?"
11 minutes ago
Zachary Moonshine replied to Zachary Moonshine's discussion Floating widget help ?
"<div id="chatwing-embedded-1d973543-c11b-48d4-9e52-544915bd6a0f"></div>

THIS IS THE CODE FOR MY…"
8 hours ago
George H. Compton IV replied to Kos's discussion Holidays Just Around The Corner
"You're welcome Kos, you have a wonderful holiday season as well. :-)"
12 hours ago
George H. Compton IV replied to George H. Compton IV's discussion ( 11 themes N3 & N2 ) Customizable CSS winter/holiday themes
"Thank you Jim. :-) I like the one that's on CRF 3.0 the best. :-)"
12 hours ago
George H. Compton IV replied to George H. Compton IV's discussion ( 11 themes N3 & N2 ) Customizable CSS winter/holiday themes
"Thank you Marshall."
12 hours ago
George H. Compton IV replied to Zachary Moonshine's discussion Floating widget help ?
"Hello Zachary, this code should do the trick. Of course I don't know what you're trying to fix to t…"
12 hours ago
Kos replied to Zachary Moonshine's discussion Floating widget help ?
"I found this old discussion you may be able to adapt by changing the placement on the page.  Headed…"
13 hours ago
Kos replied to James Hollins's discussion Ning site is full of pop ups
"You're sounds like malware.  I'd defintely run a scan and try diff. browsers.
I'm unable to access…"
13 hours ago
Zachary Moonshine replied to Abdullah ktk's discussion floating image post
"is there any way to make my chatwing float or popup on my entire site using something like this ?"
16 hours ago
marshall blake replied to George H. Compton IV's discussion ( 11 themes N3 & N2 ) Customizable CSS winter/holiday themes
"Very cool George."
16 hours ago
Eric Odom replied to Eric Odom's discussion 94,000 members, $1,200 a year for Ning... and Ning seems to be AWOL.
"Thanks for the comment, @strumelia. Two problems. First, we just can't be on 2.0 anymore. Our membe…"
17 hours ago
Deb W. replied to Deb W.'s discussion Recommendations for Ning alternatives?
"Thanks everyone for your input and ideas... You've been very helpful... I will go and hang out now…"
17 hours ago
Jim Kinson replied to George H. Compton IV's discussion ( 11 themes N3 & N2 ) Customizable CSS winter/holiday themes
"Great work George. As far as the live ones, I think I like the one on CRF 2.0 the best.
Blessings."
18 hours ago
Kos replied to Kos's discussion Holidays Just Around The Corner
"Sahweet!  Thank you George - have a wonderful holiday season."
19 hours ago
George H. Compton IV replied to Kos's discussion Holidays Just Around The Corner
"Hello Kos.Here's some more holiday codes for you :-)you have a great day.
( 11 themes N3 & N2 ) Cus…"
19 hours ago
Strumelia replied to Eric Odom's discussion 94,000 members, $1,200 a year for Ning... and Ning seems to be AWOL.
"We're in the process of transitioning 94,000 members to 3.0. In this transition we're going to spen…"
20 hours ago
John Bizley replied to John Bizley's discussion Videos Layout Page
"Thanks Thiago glad you liked the page, just a few more bits to do over the weekend so should be pos…"
20 hours ago
Thiago Santos de Moraes replied to John Bizley's discussion Videos Layout Page
"Great! After that we do not need a new feture for videos."
21 hours ago
Tim Atkinson replied to Eric Odom's discussion 94,000 members, $1,200 a year for Ning... and Ning seems to be AWOL.
"Well said."
yesterday
Zachary Moonshine replied to marshall blake's discussion Every Week I Hope
"hahahahah dude i wish man ...lol 
every time i have an issue it takes a week to get just an answer!…"
yesterday
More…