Current status of the Ning Platform is always available on the Ning Status Blog.

Forum

I understand that Wordpress and other sites will be making these available:- Wordpress Plugin If not...might it be possible to post a guide here on the easiest and most effective ways of doing this? I'm thinking in terms of uploading a a temporary index page to the file manager with appropriate text and links. Can anybody suggest any other methods?

You need to be a member of Ning Creators Network to add comments!

Join Ning Creators Network

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Thanks for asking what I wanted to!

You can for now use code from this site which won't black your site out but will at least help your visitors to act in an informed manner.

http://americancensorship.org/

• That looks like a good option....how do I get the stop censorship code in the header? Presumably via the advanced CSS? Not sure how to do it.

• No it goes in your custom code block....

• OK, but WHERE in the custom code block should it go? At the top, bottom, somewhere else? Or does it matter? I opened my custom code block and there's lots of code in there.

Thanks!

• If I read correctly, SOPA (for now) is a dead bill.

• That's beside the point. They're still going to vote on it in February, and its sister bill in the Senate is still alive, too (PIPA). This is a very serious issue and we need to recognize that.

• I tried testing this on my test network and can't get it to work. Here's the original code:

<script type="text/javascript">var a=new Date,b=a.getUTCHours();if(0==a.getUTCMonth()&&2012==a.getUTCFullYear()&&((18==a.getUTCDate()&&13<=b)||(19==a.getUTCDate()&&0>=b)))window.location="http://sopastrike.com/strike";</script>

I edited the date, changing "18" to "17" and "19" to "18" so that I could presumably test it NOW (adding it at the top of the Custom Code box), but it didn't work. The test network displayed normally. Did I not do something right?

• I added the BLACK OUT NOTICE, but the NING website is still running.

I would love it folks would visit my blog on this subject.

Wikipedia SOPA Protest Turns The Lights Out Wednesday January 18 2012

• Yes, because I tried to put this on my site too and it would not work so I had to use the Language editor but when I use that it just shows the message but the links wont work....here is my site you can view for yourself what I did and how the links still won't work. I tried the Sopa code in every which way but it still would NOT work. I even told my members and twitter and facebook followers about it...I felt really stupid lol

http://www.starseeds.net/

This reply was deleted.

Search the Creators Network

Latest Activity

Ken Rich replied to Ken Rich's discussion Ning Lied To Us - Your Content is Not Safe
"Thanks for the tip. The programmer is writing some sort of "check" into his tool so that it rejects…"
31 minutes ago
United Spirits replied to Martin de Goede's discussion Customizing the standard layout for profile pages
"I have a friend who owns a Ning 2.0 layout. I asked him if it would be possible to have a fixed def…"
46 minutes ago
Neil Norton replied to Neil Norton's discussion I miss the Twitter Share
"Wait, it is on this network, so I must have missed its installation. Now I see it but not working o…"
1 hour ago
United Spirits replied to Ken Rich's discussion Ning Lied To Us - Your Content is Not Safe
"What you could try is redownload everything the following day and then save everything to the same…"
1 hour ago
Jamie Baker (Vision) replied to Ning's discussion Introducing Activity Feed Improvements, Including Member Status Updates
"sorry to hear that's awful."
2 hours ago
Neil Norton replied to Bernard Lama's discussion Killer Tip : How to add seach bar to your ning 3.0 network ?
"Muchas Gracias, I like it!"
2 hours ago
Alison Frane replied to Martin de Goede's discussion Customizing the standard layout for profile pages
"Anyone?  Anyone?"
2 hours ago
Neil Norton replied to James Nored's discussion Why is the HTML box so incredibly small!
"It would be nice if the HTML box was Wysiwig design editor. Save time from designing in one program…"
3 hours ago
John Bizley replied to Niche Networkers's discussion Hide header but show navigation
"It's because you are hiding the site header which includes the Navbar. Also in the other part you a…"
3 hours ago
James Higginson replied to Gerry Regan's discussion Alternatives to Apps.IO's Listings App
"That's a shame, I had about 5000 member pins on my io Map, don't suppose there any way to grab that…"
13 hours ago
SweetPotato replied to Gerry Regan's discussion Alternatives to Apps.IO's Listings App
13 hours ago
James Higginson replied to Gerry Regan's discussion Alternatives to Apps.IO's Listings App
"Is apps.io still in business? No reply to my support requests and the map broke, how do I contact t…"
14 hours ago
Cautious replied to PeruCool's discussion Alternatives to Ning social network
"Way to go Jen!  I'm at Spruz and you know me with questions, lol. 
Unfortunately, some owners aren'…"
19 hours ago
Garfield Creator replied to PeruCool's discussion Alternatives to Ning social network
"Thanks Jen"
20 hours ago
Ken Rich replied to Ken Rich's discussion Ning Lied To Us - Your Content is Not Safe
"Thank-you Steve. Ning support actually responded today to a "new" support ticket that had been sit…"
20 hours ago
steve replied to Ken Rich's discussion Ning Lied To Us - Your Content is Not Safe
"I see these new topics are still not showing in the feed unless somebody replies, so i will just do…"
20 hours ago
Alyce Keegan replied to Alyce Keegan's discussion Trying to make my sidebar padding smaller
"Hey Kos! Thanks for your reply. I'm using one of the older themes so I don't have this option. I sh…"
21 hours ago
Lora replied to Ning's discussion Introducing Activity Feed Improvements, Including Member Status Updates
"My 3.0 has just about cut my business in half.
DO NOT MAKE THE SAME MISTAKE I DID and migrate to 3.…"
23 hours ago
Robert Druse replied to PeruCool's discussion Alternatives to Ning social network
"I will stand corrected if anything I say is not correct..."
yesterday
Jen replied to PeruCool's discussion Alternatives to Ning social network
"Unless they sold their company, Spruz is located in Tennessee.
And seriously, I'm going to have to…"
yesterday
More…