Current status of the Ning Platform is always available on the Ning Status Blog.

Forum

I understand that Wordpress and other sites will be making these available:- Wordpress Plugin If not...might it be possible to post a guide here on the easiest and most effective ways of doing this? I'm thinking in terms of uploading a a temporary index page to the file manager with appropriate text and links. Can anybody suggest any other methods?

You need to be a member of Ning Creators Network to add comments!

Join Ning Creators Network

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Thanks for asking what I wanted to!

You can for now use code from this site which won't black your site out but will at least help your visitors to act in an informed manner.

http://americancensorship.org/

• That looks like a good option....how do I get the stop censorship code in the header? Presumably via the advanced CSS? Not sure how to do it.

• No it goes in your custom code block....

• OK, but WHERE in the custom code block should it go? At the top, bottom, somewhere else? Or does it matter? I opened my custom code block and there's lots of code in there.

Thanks!

• If I read correctly, SOPA (for now) is a dead bill.

• That's beside the point. They're still going to vote on it in February, and its sister bill in the Senate is still alive, too (PIPA). This is a very serious issue and we need to recognize that.

• I tried testing this on my test network and can't get it to work. Here's the original code:

<script type="text/javascript">var a=new Date,b=a.getUTCHours();if(0==a.getUTCMonth()&&2012==a.getUTCFullYear()&&((18==a.getUTCDate()&&13<=b)||(19==a.getUTCDate()&&0>=b)))window.location="http://sopastrike.com/strike";</script>

I edited the date, changing "18" to "17" and "19" to "18" so that I could presumably test it NOW (adding it at the top of the Custom Code box), but it didn't work. The test network displayed normally. Did I not do something right?

• I added the BLACK OUT NOTICE, but the NING website is still running.

I would love it folks would visit my blog on this subject.

Wikipedia SOPA Protest Turns The Lights Out Wednesday January 18 2012

• Yes, because I tried to put this on my site too and it would not work so I had to use the Language editor but when I use that it just shows the message but the links wont work....here is my site you can view for yourself what I did and how the links still won't work. I tried the Sopa code in every which way but it still would NOT work. I even told my members and twitter and facebook followers about it...I felt really stupid lol

http://www.starseeds.net/

This reply was deleted.

Search the Creators Network

Latest Activity

Jeffrey Haskins replied to Jeffrey Haskins's discussion Can not get into my site
"And can not even enter a support ticket!"
12 seconds ago
Anna replied to Tat Ruck's discussion I can't edit text boxes?
"Yes I filed a ticket and they said it was a bug their engineers are working on. The status blog…"
1 hour ago
Rowald replied to Ning's discussion Update to Product Roadmap and Communication Changes
"They are straight out lying. Nice policy. They are not working on anything."
4 hours ago
Simon Farnworth replied to Ning's discussion Update to Product Roadmap and Communication Changes
"Oh my! That's terrifying!! Let's hope it's a typo and the meant hays not months!!! I…"
4 hours ago
Tat Ruck replied to Tat Ruck's discussion I can't edit text boxes?
"Mine is fixed too now."
5 hours ago
"Oh no!  Did you file a ticket?  I can't phone as not on that level of payment plan.…"
5 hours ago
Anna replied to Tat Ruck's discussion I can't edit text boxes?
"Glad your issues are fixed. My network is still entirely screwed up! I can't even edit any…"
5 hours ago
Dunamis replied to Ning's discussion Update to Product Roadmap and Communication Changes
"I sent a mail to Ning to ask how far with activity updates and the promise of July. This was the…"
5 hours ago
"Just got up (morning in the UK) - and the edit boxes are back. Looks like the javascript problem…"
5 hours ago
Alexander replied to Crystal's discussion Welcome to Creators 3.0!
"It's clear Glam media gained out of your misfortune and you were misled. You should be…"
10 hours ago
Alexander replied to Crystal's discussion Welcome to Creators 3.0!
"I don't want to switch to 3 until it's ready."
10 hours ago
Alexander favorited Crystal's discussion Welcome to Creators 3.0!
10 hours ago
Strumelia replied to Strumelia's discussion Can't use 'REPLY' to make a reply post in a forum, quoted from the previous post.
"Looks like the Ning teck support fixed this issue quickly as well as the other javascript/edit…"
11 hours ago
Fire-Tech replied to Bernard Lama's discussion Where Have All Ning Creators Gone?
"+1"
12 hours ago
Donna Mac replied to Bernard Lama's discussion Where Have All Ning Creators Gone?
"Well for me.....My site is running on 2.0 and my "sandbox" is sitting there doing…"
12 hours ago
Strumelia replied to Tat Ruck's discussion I can't edit text boxes?
"Rajat (responding to my ticket) seems to have fixed my edit button issue now.  Yay…"
13 hours ago
Strumelia replied to Tat Ruck's discussion I can't edit text boxes?
"Make sure you tell them this in a help ticket-  it might assist them when testing fixes. …"
13 hours ago
Andrzej Góralczyk replied to Tat Ruck's discussion I can't edit text boxes?
"I have the same problem, and hard clear of Firefox doesn,t work.I noticed that what is damaged is…"
13 hours ago
NC for Hire SweetPotato replied to Bernard Lama's discussion Where Have All Ning Creators Gone?
"Hmmm. How about now?"
13 hours ago
Writer Chick {Diane} replied to Bernard Lama's discussion Where Have All Ning Creators Gone?
"Sounds good. "
13 hours ago