Current status of the Ning Platform is always available on the Ning Status Blog.

Forum

I understand that Wordpress and other sites will be making these available:- Wordpress Plugin If not...might it be possible to post a guide here on the easiest and most effective ways of doing this? I'm thinking in terms of uploading a a temporary index page to the file manager with appropriate text and links. Can anybody suggest any other methods?

You need to be a member of Ning Creators Network to add comments!

Join Ning Creators Network

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Thanks for asking what I wanted to!

You can for now use code from this site which won't black your site out but will at least help your visitors to act in an informed manner.

http://americancensorship.org/

• That looks like a good option....how do I get the stop censorship code in the header? Presumably via the advanced CSS? Not sure how to do it.

• No it goes in your custom code block....

• OK, but WHERE in the custom code block should it go? At the top, bottom, somewhere else? Or does it matter? I opened my custom code block and there's lots of code in there.

Thanks!

• If I read correctly, SOPA (for now) is a dead bill.

• That's beside the point. They're still going to vote on it in February, and its sister bill in the Senate is still alive, too (PIPA). This is a very serious issue and we need to recognize that.

• I tried testing this on my test network and can't get it to work. Here's the original code:

<script type="text/javascript">var a=new Date,b=a.getUTCHours();if(0==a.getUTCMonth()&&2012==a.getUTCFullYear()&&((18==a.getUTCDate()&&13<=b)||(19==a.getUTCDate()&&0>=b)))window.location="http://sopastrike.com/strike";</script>

I edited the date, changing "18" to "17" and "19" to "18" so that I could presumably test it NOW (adding it at the top of the Custom Code box), but it didn't work. The test network displayed normally. Did I not do something right?

• I added the BLACK OUT NOTICE, but the NING website is still running.

I would love it folks would visit my blog on this subject.

Wikipedia SOPA Protest Turns The Lights Out Wednesday January 18 2012

• Yes, because I tried to put this on my site too and it would not work so I had to use the Language editor but when I use that it just shows the message but the links wont work....here is my site you can view for yourself what I did and how the links still won't work. I tried the Sopa code in every which way but it still would NOT work. I even told my members and twitter and facebook followers about it...I felt really stupid lol

http://www.starseeds.net/

This reply was deleted.

Search the Creators Network

Latest Activity

Kos replied to Ryan O'Rourke's discussion Need Help Adding Pinterest "Pin It" Button
"I just did a search and wallah.  Any problems, I would contact the member who posted it. http://cre…"
8 hours ago
Fire-Tech replied to Kos's discussion OK Ning Wizards - I Need Your Help
"Just added. Much better! Thanks for sharing ;)"
8 hours ago
John Bizley replied to John Bizley's discussion 1940s Social Network Site Now Closed
"Thanks Tim and pleased my site had helped you in some way. No I will not be continuing the 1940s si…"
8 hours ago
Edie2k2 left a comment for Edie2k2
"Now Playing: Bill Withers"
9 hours ago
SweetPotato replied to Kos's discussion OK Ning Wizards - I Need Your Help
"Looking good."
9 hours ago
Tim Atkinson replied to Ken Rich's discussion Ning Lied To Us - Your Content is Not Safe
"I'm taking backups every day at the moment. Seeing all this about the Archives being buggy, am I wa…"
9 hours ago
Tim Atkinson replied to John Bizley's discussion 1940s Social Network Site Now Closed
"So sorry to hear that, John. If hadn't been for the evolution of the 1940s Social Network, I for on…"
10 hours ago
Kos replied to Kos's discussion OK Ning Wizards - I Need Your Help
"Yes that did it.  I'm still fiddling with tweaking a border but here's how it looks.  Thank you aga…"
10 hours ago
SweetPotato replied to Kos's discussion OK Ning Wizards - I Need Your Help
"Hi Kos
Yes, i just realised that the site I developed it on doesn't have other content instances on…"
11 hours ago
Ken Rich replied to Ken Rich's discussion Ning Lied To Us - Your Content is Not Safe
"Done - I forwarded your info - thanks."
11 hours ago
Strumelia replied to Ken Rich's discussion Ning Lied To Us - Your Content is Not Safe
"Crystal didn't need a crystal ball either.  ;D"
11 hours ago
Ken Rich replied to Ken Rich's discussion Ning Lied To Us - Your Content is Not Safe
"I have no idea, but thanks to their policy changes and future road map to nowhere, whoever is left…"
12 hours ago
"Thanks for another confirmation of the obvious. Greatly appreciated."
12 hours ago
Strumelia replied to Ken Rich's discussion Ning Lied To Us - Your Content is Not Safe
"Thanks Ken.  Please tell the programmers and powers that be over in JR to take a glance at my music…"
12 hours ago
"Understood. I am a non coder too but I'm managing. User friendliness is exactly what I'm pushing to…"
12 hours ago
JFarrow replied to Ken Rich's discussion Ning Lied To Us - Your Content is Not Safe
"I wonder how many of these folks still work for Mode/Glam/Ning"
13 hours ago
JFarrow replied to Ken Rich's discussion Ning Lied To Us - Your Content is Not Safe
"As a Ning for Hire i get at least 5 requests for help from new community managers every single week…"
13 hours ago
Alvaro Suarez, Ryan Jenkins, Paul Kiczek and 4 more joined Ning Creators Network
13 hours ago
Alvaro Suarez is now a member of Ning Networks en español
13 hours ago
"Hi Ken, not ready to test drive yet but I did sign up for the Ning-to-Jamroom newsletter, thanks. …"
13 hours ago
More…