Current status of the Ning Platform is always available on the Ning Status Blog.

Forum

I understand that Wordpress and other sites will be making these available:- Wordpress Plugin If not...might it be possible to post a guide here on the easiest and most effective ways of doing this? I'm thinking in terms of uploading a a temporary index page to the file manager with appropriate text and links. Can anybody suggest any other methods?

You need to be a member of Ning Creators Network to add comments!

Join Ning Creators Network

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Thanks for asking what I wanted to!

You can for now use code from this site which won't black your site out but will at least help your visitors to act in an informed manner.

http://americancensorship.org/

• That looks like a good option....how do I get the stop censorship code in the header? Presumably via the advanced CSS? Not sure how to do it.

• No it goes in your custom code block....

• OK, but WHERE in the custom code block should it go? At the top, bottom, somewhere else? Or does it matter? I opened my custom code block and there's lots of code in there.

Thanks!

• If I read correctly, SOPA (for now) is a dead bill.

• That's beside the point. They're still going to vote on it in February, and its sister bill in the Senate is still alive, too (PIPA). This is a very serious issue and we need to recognize that.

• I tried testing this on my test network and can't get it to work. Here's the original code:

<script type="text/javascript">var a=new Date,b=a.getUTCHours();if(0==a.getUTCMonth()&&2012==a.getUTCFullYear()&&((18==a.getUTCDate()&&13<=b)||(19==a.getUTCDate()&&0>=b)))window.location="http://sopastrike.com/strike";</script>

I edited the date, changing "18" to "17" and "19" to "18" so that I could presumably test it NOW (adding it at the top of the Custom Code box), but it didn't work. The test network displayed normally. Did I not do something right?

• I added the BLACK OUT NOTICE, but the NING website is still running.

I would love it folks would visit my blog on this subject.

Wikipedia SOPA Protest Turns The Lights Out Wednesday January 18 2012

• Yes, because I tried to put this on my site too and it would not work so I had to use the Language editor but when I use that it just shows the message but the links wont work....here is my site you can view for yourself what I did and how the links still won't work. I tried the Sopa code in every which way but it still would NOT work. I even told my members and twitter and facebook followers about it...I felt really stupid lol

http://www.starseeds.net/

This reply was deleted.

Search the Creators Network

Latest Activity

Jen replied to Anam's discussion Blogs Gone ~ Ning 3
"@Eugene, Sorry to say, I feel the same, and couldn't agree, more. :\"
32 minutes ago
Eugene replied to Anam's discussion Blogs Gone ~ Ning 3
"Thanks, Jen.  I'm glad Ning updated their status page.  However, given the size and scope of this i…"
39 minutes ago
"Temporary Solution:
For those of you who have blogcentric home pages, this is what I've been doing…"
1 hour ago
Anam replied to Anam's discussion Blogs Gone ~ Ning 3
"Thanks, Jen"
1 hour ago
"They finally added a status update almost 24 hours later, acknowledging this issue publicly, and st…"
1 hour ago
Ning via Facebook

Hello everyone! If you are seeing issues with blog modules on your 3.0 network, our on-call team…

Strumelia replied to JFarrow's discussion Anyone Else Having Problems With Youtube on Social Channels N3?
"Not experiencing any issues with playing YT vids on 2.0.  (am grateful for that, since we are a mus…"
2 hours ago
Mary Jane Peterson replied to Anam's discussion Blogs Gone ~ Ning 3
"my are too"
2 hours ago
"Unbelievable"
3 hours ago
Thisisbully replied to Luke Jones's discussion show the people that have "Liked" a status,Photo,video etc
"I have those features install on my site including photo uploads to comment from mobile and chat no…"
3 hours ago
FedMedic replied to FedMedic's discussion Sliders anyone?
"Looks awesome! I finally got it to work JFarrow. I just need the slider to be leaderboard size with…"
3 hours ago
Coach Drew replied to Coach Drew's discussion Paid Migration Off Ning
"Thank you for the info!  I will take a look"
3 hours ago
JFarrow replied to FedMedic's discussion Sliders anyone?
"i have a slider which can be formatted to your liking and iframed in like this if it is of interest"
3 hours ago
JFarrow replied to FedMedic's discussion Sliders anyone?
"its working fine on my 2.0  Land Surveyors United... and on leaderboards and a Powr map on this pag…"
3 hours ago
Kos replied to Anam's discussion Blogs Gone ~ Ning 3
"Ning is aware of it.  Hang in there"
4 hours ago
Strumelia replied to SweetPotato's discussion Ning 3.0 & 2.0 Update: Archiver & Migration
"Miche this has all gone round and round a dozen times over the months by various people here. There…"
5 hours ago
Strumelia replied to Lucia Steele - CTRNetwork's discussion Question: NING 2.0 vs. 3.0
"Miche, you are totally crackin me up ....yeah maybe Ning should hire me as their new customer advoc…"
5 hours ago
Luke Jones replied to Luke Jones's discussion Create a sign out and a sign in page
"Aww awesome!!!!Thanks John :) Thanks again John :) I'll just have to have a Potch around with it ah…"
6 hours ago
Anna replied to Anam's discussion Blogs Gone ~ Ning 3
"Mine have gone too. My site looks silly! Submitted a ticket 4 hours ago."
6 hours ago
John Bizley replied to Luke Jones's discussion Create a sign out and a sign in page
"Luke the easist way to do something like this is to have all your pages set to veiwable to members…"
7 hours ago
More…