Current status of the Ning Platform is always available on the Ning Status Blog.

NC for Hire

We once were able to use FBRSS.COM to grab the feeds of Facebook Pages we follow. What FBRSS did was simply parse the RSS feeds on Facebook and then they generated new RSS feed URLs on their own server, but that no longer works. There were some cool things you could do with the feeds on Ning networks, but FBRSS is seemingly no more.  But here is a workaround for finding the Facebook Page Feeds.

Step 1 – Getting your page id from Facebook

Everything on Facebook, from users to photos to events, has a numeric id. This id is used internally by Facebook to find different objects in its enormous database. When you request the RSS feed from a page, you’ll need to send the id of the page along with your request. That’s why the first thing you need to do is to find the id of your page. It’s pretty simple. Open any Facebook page and click on the grab the URL of the page.  Copy and Paste it here on Find Your Facebook ID  When you have that numeric ID paste it into a notepad txt file for Step 2.

Step 2 –Constructing the Facebook RSS Feed URL for the Page

Just replace the numeric ID at the end of the following URL with the id you found in step 1.You can use either Atom or RSS

http://www.facebook.com/feeds/page.php?format=rss20&id=YOURPAGEID

View the Live FB RSS Feed of Beautiful Nation FB Page on this page in the network

For another example:

Here’s the URL to the Ning's Facebook page as an atom feed: http://www.facebook.com/feeds/page.php?format=atom10&id=134541301162

And here’s the URL to the same page using RSS 2.0: http://www.facebook.com/feeds/page.php?format=rss20&id=134541301162

Choosing a RSS format You can choose between an atom feed and RSS 2.0. If you don’t know the difference just go with atom.

To read more about Atom vs RSS 2.0 click here.

Step 3- Importing Your Feed into an RSS Module on Ning Site

This part is easy, simply copy and page your new URL into an RSS Feed Module anywhere on your site, save, sit back and smile. 

Bonus:  You can of course also have a tabbed module with several FB RSS feeds imported..For example.

Let me know if you have any questions and have a great weekend.  As always I am here to help you with any workarounds you might be thinking about.

You need to be a member of Ning Creators Social Network to add comments!

Join Ning Creators Social Network

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

This reply was deleted.

Some interesting articles related to community management, digital marketing etc. could be found in our digest. Don't hesitate to leave a feedback so we would know that we should continue :-)

Latest Activity

Alina Langley replied to Suzie Nielsen's discussion
Ning 2.0 For Sale
"Do you atill have a NING 2.0 site? I am looking for one, please DM me :)"
Saturday
Alina Langley updated their profile photo
Saturday
Alina Langley updated their profile
Saturday
LEO Mobile App Builder updated their profile
Mar 26
Aase Lillian replied to Aase Lillian's discussion
Community - activity page
"Ok, thank you. Please send me details as I have no idea on how to do it. "
Mar 19
Aase Lillian and ⚡JFarrow⌁ are now friends
NC for Hire
Mar 19
⚡JFarrow⌁ updated their profile photo
Mar 18
⚡JFarrow⌁ replied to Aase Lillian's discussion
Community - activity page
"Yes you can add emojis to your community pretty much anywhere you like.
If you need some help…"
Mar 18
Aase Lillian updated their profile
Mar 18
Aase Lillian posted a discussion
Hi all. Is it possible to add emojis to the community? I also wish the activity page to include…
Mar 18
Donna MacShoe updated their profile photo
Mar 6
Adul Rodri is now friends with ANGE.L LUAR and Margarida Maria Madruga
Feb 14
More…

Meanwhile, you can check our social media channels