Current status of the Ning Platform is always available on the Ning Status Blog.

Forum

last week i posted a tip that zooms the main page forum and blog posts when you hover over it well i tweaked it a tad  increasing the zoom by 5% and added a transparency as it zooms as well as added a z-index so the profile icon below it doesn't float over it

the live demo can be seen here

http://www.dreadlockssite.com/main/

the code;

.xg_widget_main .module_blog .blogpost:hover,.xg_widget_main .module_forum div.vcard div.topic:hover {background-color:#14135E;-webkit-transform:scale(1.25);-moz-transform:scale(1.25);-webkit-transition:all .6s ease-out;-moz-transition:all .6s ease-out;opacity:0.70;z-index:999999;}

adjustments;

ofcourse background color should be adjusted to something that matches youtr theme or delete it to have no background color change

scale is the zoom level 1.25 means 125% or 25% above normal 1.35 would zoom 10% more 1.15 10% less
transition speed .6 is 6/10th of a second just over 1/2 a second to complete the ease out animation you can also add a delay like if you want it to wait 1 second then ease out for 1 second  (but i dont think a delay makes sence for this purpose)

opacity 0.70 is 70% opaque or 30% transparent adjust the 0.70 higher towards 1 to be less opaque or lower  to be more see through i settled on 70 which alowed the elements behind it to be sen without making it too unreadable

i had applied the same effectto the forum posts and replies but it made long posts grow too far since both length and width  increased 25%   a long post could completely cover a shorter reply above and below it

thats why i got inspired to add the transparency so you could at least tell there was something behind it, but it didnt solve the problem so i left it out and id not include code to apply the effect to those posts and replies.

for an even cooler effect

add border radius and box shadow to the hover code above

your forum posts that dont have  the border radius and box shadow  till hovered will zoom  the corners go from square to round and the shadow  apear as it transitions

edit:

to add  a floating effect that rounds the corners adds a shadow and zooms all in 1 motion try this code

.xg_widget_main .module_blog .blogpost:hover,.xg_widget_main .module_forum div.vcard div.topic:hover {border:1px solid #ccc;border-radius:50px;-moz-border-radius:50px;-webkit-border-radius:50px;-webkit-box-shadow:6px 6px 10px #ccc;-moz-box-shadow:6px 6px 10px #ccc;box-shadow:6px 6px 10px #ccc;width:535px;-ms-filter:"progid:DXImageTransform.Microsoft.Shadow(Strength=4, Direction=135, Color='#000000')";filter:progid:DXImageTransform.Microsoft.Shadow(Strength=4,Direction=135,Color='#000000');-webkit-transform:scale(1.25);-moz-transform:scale(1.25);-webkit-transition:all .6s ease-out;-moz-transition:all .6s ease-out;
z-index:999999;background-color:#fff;padding:1em;}

notes i added a white background u can change that  without the background it acts like theres no background and you see everything behind it

i also added padding to keep the text from extending outside the now rounded borders

that effect can be seen on my new site www.phillyhangout.com

You need to be a member of Ning Creators Network to add comments!

Join Ning Creators Network

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• thats why i didnt use it there  but  thats a function of z-index

z-index moves it forward or bactwards in the stacking order the higher the number the more forward some divs may have a very high z-index to make it topmost  just experiment with setting that higher

you may also need to add a position; (relative fixed or absolute)

• Looks good SoaringEagle.

• thnx  the morphing borders effect if you add thats pretty cool  it unintentionaly was added to many members pages  in the menu so subtabs morph from rectangle to rounded as they slide out..its pretty cool  and adding it to the main page posts would be pretty unique

i already had rounded corners and shading so left it as is

• @alexander could you please tell me how you did it for the latest activity..thanks

• hey soaringeagle how is the script written for late activity..having problem doing this thanks

• try

div.feed-story:hover as the selector

if that dont work let me know

• Hey eagle where do i place it at in the code..do i just change the part that says..div.vcard div.topic:hover ...?

• div.feed-story:hover {background-color:#14135E;-webkit-transform:scale(1.25);-moz-transform:scale(1.25);-webkit-transition:all .6s ease-out;-moz-transition:all .6s ease-out;opacity:0.70;z-index:999999;}

• SWEEEET,Thanks so much

This reply was deleted.

Search the Creators Network

Latest Activity

Scott Bishop replied to David Carr's discussion Being a Ning Network could ruin the deal
"At one point I was going to move over to WP with the Buddypress plug-in. After looking hard at budd…"
20 minutes ago
Pat Howlett replied to Yana Ning Support's discussion Video Feature on Ning 3.0 is now available!
"I didn't stop using 3.0 because of this - I really liked the platforms direction - I left because t…"
1 hour ago
Kos replied to Yana Ning Support's discussion Video Feature on Ning 3.0 is now available!
"It's been fine if you didn't need that ability.  I love my 3.0"
2 hours ago
Kevin Acosta replied to Yana Ning Support's discussion Video Feature on Ning 3.0 is now available!
"YIKES! having never converted over from 2.0, I never knew that the video feature was not available…"
2 hours ago
Bizz ( John ) replied to Bizz ( John )'s discussion Make Your Videos In The New Video Feature Responsive ( updated: 30-03-17 )
"Just updated this code 30-03-17"
10 hours ago
Bizz ( John ) replied to Yana Ning Support's discussion Video Feature on Ning 3.0 is now available!
"Thanks for speaking to them and yes I do agree that it is the correct way to use existing classes l…"
11 hours ago
Bizz ( John ) replied to Bizz ( John )'s discussion Ning- Your design studio widget images are not loading
"Hi Kyryl
Thanks for the reply and you are most welcome about the bugs. I have been using Ning for o…"
11 hours ago
Kyryl_Ning_Support replied to Bizz ( John )'s discussion Ning- Your design studio widget images are not loading
"Hi John,
Just checked the labels on my network as well, and as I see they are missing as well. So I…"
13 hours ago
Kyryl_Ning_Support replied to Yana Ning Support's discussion Video Feature on Ning 3.0 is now available!
"Hi John,
You shouldn't have, but I should admit that it will be easier for the management to look t…"
14 hours ago
Beatriz Martín replied to Dan Porter's discussion Multiple Group Hubs
"thx, kos! :)"
14 hours ago
Tony Rosa is now a member of Ning Creators Network
14 hours ago
Kos replied to Dan Porter's discussion Multiple Group Hubs
"Beatriz if you need something special designed beyond the ordinary, I would recommend you post your…"
22 hours ago
Garfield Archivist replied to Yana Ning Support's discussion Video Feature on Ning 3.0 is now available!
"Thank you. I appreciate the response and understand you needed to discuss with developers.
I find i…"
23 hours ago
Beatriz Martín replied to Dan Porter's discussion Multiple Group Hubs
"Hello.
I would like to know how this feature is done or which creator could help me.
Thx!!"
yesterday
Bizz ( John ) replied to Yana Ning Support's discussion Video Feature on Ning 3.0 is now available!
"Thanks Pat :-)
Yes it is a nice addition but I do wish a little more QA was done before releasing f…"
yesterday
"I have re-uploaded this video so you can see it showing the green screen in the list page and also…"
yesterday
"Thanks for the reply Kyryl. I have addressed all the issues in a single post for you to look at her…"
yesterday
Pat Howlett replied to Yana Ning Support's discussion Video Feature on Ning 3.0 is now available!
"Great addition Ning Team and I appreciate Bizz John taking the time to jump in and assist in findin…"
yesterday
Kyryl_Ning_Support replied to Ian's discussion Side Backgound Image keeps shrinking and orienting left & animated gif header isn't working
"Hi Daniel,
We do apologise for the inconveniences at this moment developers are working under the i…"
yesterday
More…