I want to take this opportunity to thank each and every Network Creator for your continued support! On behalf of the entire Ning Interactive team, I can tell you that we’re motivated and inspired by the communities you’ve created and are dedicated to helping you and your networks succeed.
The past few years have been challenging, both to our employees and more so to you, our Network Creators, but I can confirm that’s all in the past now. We’re committed to developing our people, strengthening our platform, and reopening the lines of communication while rebuilding our own community here on Creators. We’re excited for the future and the opportunity to work with you, and we hope to exceed your expectations.
Since taking ownership of Ning Interactive Inc. on October 1, 2016, we have focused on stabilizing our environment and fixing old, outstanding bugs. We canceled the rate increase that was scheduled to go into effect October 1st of last year and increased our billing and technical support hours to be 24/7. We’re investing capital in infrastructure and human resources, all to ensure the success of our customers, platform, and scalability.
As we start a new year, we’re shifting our focus to features, functionality, and customer transparency. Below is a list of some (but by no means all) of our Ning 3.0, Q1 objectives for 2017:
- Add Features: Events, Search, Chat, and Paid Access
- Restart 2.0 to 3.0 migrations
- Establish a new NC Council to participate in the creation of a new Product Roadmap
- Successful implementation of at least two customer-driven features
- Weekly status updates here on Creators
As CEO, I want to hear directly from you how we’re doing in the following areas:
- Customer Support: Are we doing better or worse? What aren’t we doing that you would like to see?
- Transparency & Communication: Are we communicating as much as you’d like? What else would you like to hear from us?
- Existing Features & Functionality: Issues you’ve encountered using them, how they can be improved, etc.
- Ning Network Design Tools: What tools can be improved? What additional tools are needed?
If there is anything that we can do to improve our service to you, I will listen. Send your feedback to CEOtalk@ning.com, and please be sure and include your network’s URL in your message. I look forward to hearing from you!
Our developers also want to hear your perspective on which features and functionalities you find useful or would like to see in the future. We'll monitor your feedback for future consideration, using it to fine tune improvements to existing features and new features added to the Product Roadmap. In some cases, we may respond directly for further clarification. Message DeveloperTalk@ning.com, including your network’s URL, to share your insights with the team.
In closing, we have much work ahead of us, not the least of which includes earning back your trust. However, with a new team and renewed focus, coupled with your restored trust and partnership, we’re energized to make 2017 our best year yet!