What is jQuery?
What does this upgrade mean?
- Ning developers will have more (and better) tools to create future features.
Wait, what was that bit about "x$"?
- The '@' in [@attr] has been removed.
- Triggered events now bubble up the DOM.
- jQuery.param(obj) execute obj's functions instead of converting them to a String.
- jQuery() (with no arguments) no longer converts to jQuery(document).
- .val(³Š²) on an option or a checkbox is no longer ambiguous (it will always select by value now, not by text value).
- We are now strict about incoming JSON and throw an exception if we get malformed JSON.
- The jQuery Team rewrote the whole jQuery AJAX module. Method signatures have changed.
- The introduction of the new .prop() method and the changes to the .attr() method.
If that all sounds like gobbledygook to you, there's almost no chance that you need to change anything!
Most Network Creators will not see or be affected by this upgrade (except for perhaps noticing a general speed-up in how your site functions), but we wanted to let our more technical-minded Network Creators know that this change is coming.