we could not miss your interest in our plans for the year. We are constantly working on improvement Ning to make it a better place for you. And we want to share some information about what was done in Q1 and what are our plans for Q2.
we have fixed 106 bugs. Most critical fixed issues were related to search function.
Also, we launched new features:
- new themes in a design studio (sport, craft, chic, purple sunset, tender look, guidance, orchid, portfolio, fitness, dating, dj, gaming). You can find them here or in the settings of your network (in the menu of choosing themes);
- improved stability and operating capacity of the file manager;
- improved editor;
- changes in the interface of paid posts, paid blog posts, paid group, paid discussions, paid forums.
Try all the new features and tell us your opinion!
Our plans for Q2:
We are working on the update of the storage and replacing the existing system with the new one. This will help us to make sure that:
1) everything would be uploaded/downloaded properly;
2) the file would be removed in 100% cases when the parent element has been deleted to prevent any inconveniences caused by this;
3) files are available all the time without stacking somewhere on the halfway.
Also, we continue to work on the Paid Access feature. The last quarter some huge updates have been released - like repeats, retry system. The process to add the new payment methods has been simplified and partly automated. In addition, paywall now could be attached to the forum posts.
Some other small updates were made based on the feedback provided by the NC who has paid access activated.
As the Paid Access feature is developing and the most important updates were made already, we are glad to welcome everyone who still has some doubts to try it out. Especially as there are no monthly charges for the use of this functionality. It is still in beta, but it is working and soon will be available for everyone. If you want to try it, let us know by contacting our support here, send us a message or just write in comments.
Also, we are on the finish line with the migration script (Hurray!). We do some transfers in the test regime and since the script is under the calibration, the process is still time-consuming and require additional efforts to be put in before it's completely ready.