My name is Theodocia McLean and my passion is helping authors.
I created my Ning Community (Book Marketing Global Network) in March 2018, for the purpose of reaching out to authors and readers globally.
The authors (members) in my community are hardworking, self-published authors who deserve to be heard. The publishing industry is cut throat, so I offer a FREE Author’s Page to authors willing to help with their own page content.
Without self-publishing authors coming into the scene on a daily basis and without the great support of the Ning Administration, I couldn’t imagine such a great community. I had a community on the Ning 2 Platform and recently created this new community on the Ning 3 Platform, because it is more innovative, interactive and will meet all my needs.
When building a community:
- Pin point who you want as members. In other words, narrow the field.
- Keep control, don’t let your members’ post excessive graphics and meaningless jibber which eats up your storage space.
- Be professional and invite people who will enhance your mission and community.
- Keep your site clean. Remove old and outdated blogs, photos and videos that clog up your storage space.
- Open as much of your community to the outside world (viewing) as possible. This will encourage the search engines and readers to come.
- Keep it free if you can and add the apps that your community needs to survive and grow.
- Create an eye pleasing design that will grab the attention of your community and outside readers in a split second.
- Tone down clutter and draw your readers to the most important aspects of your community.
- If you have a forum and blog, watch out for spammers and delete the riffraff.
- Enjoy your community and share is on all your social media outlets.
Ning has been a blessing to me and the members of my community. With professional administers and associates looking for ways to improve and adding communication “chat” for faster ticket turnaround time, has been amazing.
Thank you for this opportunity to share,
Book Marketing Global Network
Thursday, March 22, 2018