Current status of the Ning Platform is always available on the Ning Status Blog.

Here's some little snippets to make active buttons and HTML Editor mode stand out more...was bugging me, so figured I'm not the only one. Add to your CSS.

Enjoy,

FT

/*_________Fire-Tech HTML & Buttons____________*/
a.mceButton.mceButtonEnabled.mce_code.mceButtonActive{border: 0px!important; background-image: none!important; margin: 0 0 -.6em -.2em!important;}
.mceButton.mceButtonEnabled.mce_code.mceButtonActive:before {content:"HTML Mode"; border: .15em groove #000; border-radius:.4em; padding:.18em; background:#ff0000; font-weight:bold!important; color: #ffff00; text-shadow: -.15em .15em .2em #000; margin-left: -.2em!important; margin-bottom: -.6em!important;}
a.mceButtonActive{border: .1em solid #000!important; background: #c0c0c0!important;}

You need to be a member of Ning Creators Social Network to add comments!

Join Ning Creators Social Network

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Hi there!

Since the text editor has been changed this tip might not be working, as the new editor uses other classes for the buttons.

Best regards,

Ning Team.

• Thanks yes I am using the newer 3.0 

• Hi there!

The text editor has been changed on both platforms 3.0 and 2.0, so it the same everywhere on Ning networks. I was talking about only the text editor itself, the tool you are using to write comments, create posts, actually input any text information on the network.

Why doesn't the tip work now? In order to determine the position and the look of the elements on the web pages, the CSS classes are used. They determine how the would look, and if it's necessary to change something in the look of an element we redetermine the properties of the class. Since the old and new text editors have different class names the properties in the tip are determined for the classes which are not presented on the page.

Best regards,

Ning Team.

• As FT said, this came out when things were in beta and quite honestly, it varied by theme.  What page are you looking at?  I'll take a look into it.

• https://thenocturnalcauldron.ning.com this is my site  thanks  I took code out tho

PS is there a css code  for just if anything just the follow and reply button, and is there css code to enhance links thanks maybe also increse link size and add text shadow?? Thanks

• Sorry.  Can't see it when it's private. Maybe someone else will chime in here

• Opps   its ok I  fig  another way found  a code   which is cool just does nothing for the follow button do you know a 3.0 for the follow button I can use to enlarge and add background to it  thanks

• Hi there!

If you are talking about the follow button under the posts, here are some codes that might be helpful for you, after adjustments they should be inserted in the custom CSS section in the design studio.

.js-followUnfollow .button-tiny a {
              font-size:15px;
              background-image: url(your_url);
              }
              .js-followUnfollow .button-tiny a.is-selected {
              background-image: url(your_url_when _selected);
              }

If you change the 15px you can make the button bigger or smaller. I think you have wanted to add the image to the background of that button, but if not please let me know. So your_url is responsible for the background when the button follow is not selected and the your_url_when_selected for the opposite state fo that button, just replace those placeholders with the links to the background images you want and make sure that the link starts from https.

Best regards,

Ning Team.

This reply was deleted.

Some interesting articles related to community management, digital marketing etc. could be found in our digest. Don't hesitate to leave a feedback so we would know that we should continue :-)

Latest Activity

Alina Langley replied to Suzie Nielsen's discussion
Ning 2.0 For Sale
"Do you atill have a NING 2.0 site? I am looking for one, please DM me :)"
Apr 12
Alina Langley updated their profile photo
Apr 12
Alina Langley updated their profile
Apr 12
LEO Mobile App Builder updated their profile
Mar 26
Aase Lillian replied to Aase Lillian's discussion
Community - activity page
"Ok, thank you. Please send me details as I have no idea on how to do it. "
Mar 19
Aase Lillian and ⚡JFarrow⌁ are now friends
NC for Hire
Mar 19
⚡JFarrow⌁ updated their profile photo
Mar 18
⚡JFarrow⌁ replied to Aase Lillian's discussion
Community - activity page
"Yes you can add emojis to your community pretty much anywhere you like.
If you need some help…"
Mar 18
Aase Lillian updated their profile
Mar 18
Aase Lillian posted a discussion
Hi all. Is it possible to add emojis to the community? I also wish the activity page to include…
Mar 18
Donna MacShoe updated their profile photo
Mar 6
Adul Rodri is now friends with ANGE.L LUAR and Margarida Maria Madruga
Feb 14
More…

Meanwhile, you can check our social media channels