Current status of the Ning Platform is always available on the Ning Status Blog.

Some time ago Mr. John Bizley   kindly shared some amazing tips and every time I start a new project I turn to them for inspiration. I hope it can help or inspire you as well.

1. How To Make Some Design Changes To Your Sub Menu's ie Categories etc And TabContainers

In our design studio we can make just about every change to the menus and links we need all that is except for our sub nav menus. These menus are thing like the categories above a page, group nav menus and also in our email. The other area we can't m

Read more

How To Add Missing Blog Filter

One thing that is missing in the blogs pages is the chance to filter by Newest, Most Popular and Latest Activity, this is available in forums but not blogs so here is a way to be able to add one.

Maybe this is something the new Ning team could add bu

Read more

Little enhancements for the Like, Comments icons for the activity feed

These small bit sof code will give you a few little changes to your like icon and comments icon plus a small separator for when someone replies to a comment etc this is explained better in the images below.

Here is the after view from adding the cod

Read more

All The Code I used To Create My Social Channels Player

Here is all the code I used for changing how my social channels player looks. Rather than open a small player at the top of the site I created a much bigger player that covers the screen, also when viewed from a social channels page rather than one i

Read more

Testing New Tip For Viewing Items From Activity Feed Without Leaving The Page

This is a tip I have re-written, still tweaking a bit before posting the code, that I thought you might like. Basically when you or a member posts a status on the activity feed and then other members comment on it the comments can get quite long, als

Read more

How To Get The Social Channels Working In Tab Containers

Let's say you have some social channel pages but you would like to add a TabContainer on another page for example and that by using the add content insert certain social channels into a tabContainer. Now that is all pretty easy to do as it's just lik

Read more

How To Move the 'More' categories link back into the navigation menu

Small tip here to help those who have a lot of categories which will make the 'More' link show up. When it does it tends to sit right out to the right hand side away from the main categories menu. This line of code will bring it back into the categor

Read more

How To Remove The White Space In The Photo Viewer For Different Size Photos

Here is one of my classic tips for removing the white space around different size photos when viewing them in the photo viewer. Normally when you have different size photos the smaller ones tend to have a lot of white space around them, this CSS code

Read more

You need to be a member of Ning Creators Social Network to add comments!

Join Ning Creators Social Network

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• WOW! Thanks, John Bizley and thanks for posting all of these wonderful tips!

• NC for Hire

alive and well and he's helping everyone ... why are you posting for him? ⚡JFarrow⌁ in

This reply was deleted.

Some interesting articles related to community management, digital marketing etc. could be found in our digest. Don't hesitate to leave a feedback so we would know that we should continue :-)

Latest Activity

LEO Mobile App Builder updated their profile
Tuesday
Aase Lillian replied to Aase Lillian's discussion
Community - activity page
"Ok, thank you. Please send me details as I have no idea on how to do it. "
Mar 19
Aase Lillian and ⚡JFarrow⌁ are now friends
NC for Hire
Mar 19
⚡JFarrow⌁ updated their profile photo
Mar 18
⚡JFarrow⌁ replied to Aase Lillian's discussion
Community - activity page
"Yes you can add emojis to your community pretty much anywhere you like.
If you need some help…"
Mar 18
Aase Lillian updated their profile
Mar 18
Aase Lillian posted a discussion
Hi all. Is it possible to add emojis to the community? I also wish the activity page to include…
Mar 18
Donna MacShoe updated their profile photo
Mar 6
Adul Rodri is now friends with ANGE.L LUAR and Margarida Maria Madruga
Feb 14
Shweta Sharma updated their profile
Jan 26
catherine martin updated their profile
Jan 16
Donna MacShoe updated their profile photo
Jan 15
More…