Current status of the Ning Platform is always available on the Ning Status Blog.

Hi there,

I will show how the list of problems on Ning. It is just growing...

1 - Upload Photo Button ( is not in the good place ) everyone asked to replace, but Ning never Do it.
2 - Integrations with Facebook
3 - Integration with MailChimp
4 - Loading time. The website is tanking too long to load
5 - Broadcast message ( not working )
6 - Private message ( not working )
7 - Live chat (Even when lost of people online they can not notice it )
8 - Blog Desing is really, really, reaaaaallly UGLY
9 - Desing overall. Really not nice
10 - Some links are crazy right now
11 - Email marketing  ( does not working )
12 - Photos changing colors after upload
13 - Landing page ( was announced but still not work )
14 - Profile cover has a size that does not meet any pictures
15 - All feeds today has an endless scrolling. It is a good way to keep a member more time on the website. Ning Does not.
16 - The Ranking system, does not show points
17 - The Ranking system is really nice, but we need to be able to limit upload photos. People are cheating.
18 - The like button is in the wrong place.  ( people do not find it easily ) " So they don't use it "

There are some more that came and go. Right now, the website can't load. People are not coming on my website anymore. I speak with my members, I have all they Whatsapp numbers. What they say:

1 - The layout is bad
2 - I can't find where to upload a photo
3 - takes too long to load
4 - My pictures change colors when I upload
5 - how can I like a picture?

I lost more than 10,000 access moths. The Network stooped to grow. This network is not a nice place to enjoy and have fun anymore. I am losing what I worked for.

Right now, the only thing I can do is leave Ning or live with those problems.

Really sad,

Fabricio

You need to be a member of Ning Creators Social Network to add comments!

Join Ning Creators Social Network

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Hello!

Let me answer on each point separately. 

1. This feedback has been already passed to our Product team, and unfortunately, I do not see it in our nearest Q plan at this very moment. However, we have offered you a workaround here.

2. Integration with Facebook (Sign in/up + comments) is working, if you have a hard time setting the application up you can add one of our representatives as a developer to your app and we will help you to set it up. 

3. We had issues with MailChimp integration recently, and we apologize for such inconveniences, but it is already fixed. Here I asked you to remove your current MailChimp integration and connect it once again, it should work. 

4. For the last 2 weeks, we had an unscheduled maintenance on our servers, that caused issues with loading speed for some of the networks. Right now, I have opened your site and also tested it on https://tools.pingdom.com/ - the loading speed of your page is around 5-6 seconds, which is a normal result http://take.ms/lTT2V If you still experience issues with loading please let us know. 

5. The broadcast messages feature is working, right now we have issues with the overall notification delivery, which means that some of the outgoing notifications (including broadcast messages) may not be delivered. Our admins are still working on the solution and unfortunately, we do not have any time frames yet. 

6. Could you please specify what exactly isn't working? I can see that you sent and received some private messages. 

7. If you are referring to the chat notifications, it was previously discussed here, You will not receive sound notifications with the chat being folded and it was made intentionally so that members can mute all chat notifications when they do not want to be disturbed. If a conversation window is open http://take.ms/omvIi you will still receive sound notifications. 

8. I apologize, but without any additional details or feedback on what exactly is not looking good, I cannot make any suggestions. 

9. Our platform provides a set of tools that would help you to create a website from scratch without diving into programming or paying huge amounts for hosting and custom development. With that being said, we realize, that it is not possible to create templates for every possible occasion, this is why there is an option to additionally customize the website with CSS/HTML so it can fit your needs. 

10. Could you please specify what links you are referring to and describe what happens more detailed? 

11. Would you mind specifying how email marketing doesn't work? 

12. I apologize, but as I already mentioned here, the photo upload flow cannot be changed, 

13. Landing page builder is working, you can check some examples from our creators in this discussion. If you mean the MailChimp preset for the landing page - this functionality is not ready yet. 

14. You can additionally crop/adjust the desired photo so it can fit the profile cover the way you want. 

15. Could you please specify what you mean by "All feeds"?

16. The earned score can be displayed on the profile page for each member if you select this option on the module  - http://take.ms/SFuo5  

17. Thank you for your feedback! As a possible workaround, you can set up moderation for photos and do not approve more than 5 per day from one member. 

18. The position of like button can be changed with the custom code, as well as its size. I can see that Kyryl helped you previously on this one here

Looking forward to your reply!

Best regards,

The NING Team

Add Photos location problem.
      Hi,   The main complaint on my network is how difficult is to add photos. And my network is all about photographers show they work. I need the bott…
    • 1. This feedback has been already passed to our Product team, and unfortunately, I do not see it in our nearest Q plan at this very moment. However, we have offered you a workaround here.

The solution you gave me stoped to work. Today Like button stopped to work at all

2. Integration with Facebook (Sign in/up + comments) is working, if you have a hard time setting the application up you can add one of our representatives as a developer to your app and we will help you to set it up. 

Comments are not working.

3. We had issues with MailChimp integration recently, and we apologize for such inconveniences, but it is already fixed. Here I asked you to remove your current MailChimp integration and connect it once again, it should work. 

No, it does not work I have done. 

4. For the last 2 weeks, we had an unscheduled maintenance on our servers, that caused issues with loading speed for some of the networks. Right now, I have opened your site and also tested it on https://tools.pingdom.com/ - the loading speed of your page is around 5-6 seconds, which is a normal result http://take.ms/lTT2V If you still experience issues with loading please let us know. 

Me and my users can't load as you said. Some pictures take over a minute, some do not work. Today is faster takes only about 30 secs

5. The broadcast messages feature is working, right now we have issues with the overall notification delivery, which means that some of the outgoing notifications (including broadcast messages) may not be delivered. Our admins are still working on the solution and unfortunately, we do not have any time frames yet. 

A broadcast message is not working

Broadcast message for sure. I can't tell everyone receives private messages. As long all must nothing works right on Ning, is hard to believe.

7. If you are referring to the chat notifications, it was previously discussed here, You will not receive sound notifications with the chat being folded and it was made intentionally so that members can mute all chat notifications when they do not want to be disturbed. If a conversation window is open http://take.ms/omvIi you will still receive sound notifications. 

8. I apologize, but without any additional details or feedback on what exactly is not looking good, I cannot make any suggestions. 

Blog design is not nice. really not nice

9. Our platform provides a set of tools that would help you to create a website from scratch without diving into programming or paying huge amounts for hosting and custom development. With that being said, we realize, that it is not possible to create templates for every possible occasion, this is why there is an option to additionally customize the website with CSS/HTML so it can fit your needs. 

I don't know how to make it looks nice. Looks like it is not possible.

10. Could you please specify what links you are referring to and describe what happens more detailed? 

that day some links as My Profile and others were not working.. seems to be working now.

11. Would you mind specifying how email marketing doesn't work? 

Would you mind show me the email marketing and how it works?

12. I apologize, but as I already mentioned here, the photo upload flow cannot be changed, 

somehow You did something that makes it better.

13. Landing page builder is working, you can check some examples from our creators in this discussion. If you mean the MailChimp preset for the landing page - this functionality is not ready yet. 

The landing page is created for capture members emails and others info. If I can't capture it, it does not work.

14. You can additionally crop/adjust the desired photo so it can fit the profile cover the way you want. 

It must change its size. The actual size makes every photo looks bad. Force everyone goes to a photo editor to crop, in the real does not work. I can see about 85% of the user do not has a cover photo. Understand?

15. Could you please specify what you mean by "All feeds"?

Every website that has feeds that show member active. Endless scrolling makes people spend over 90% more time on the website.

Infinite scrolling can be a great tool for websites that want to hold on to users for extended periods of time. The technique is common for sites with lists or content that is frequently updated. (Back to the common use among social media websites.)

Because content continues to appear, users find themselves scrolling and interacting for longer periods of time. Who doesn’t want to see the new thing that just popped up below content you have already interacted with? This technique can help designers get a variety of content in front of users, possibly even information that a user may not have found in other ways.

16. The earned score can be displayed on the profile page for each member if you select this option on the module  - http://take.ms/SFuo5  ;

I will have a look. The last time I check I only could use some code to show the score

17. Thank you for your feedback! As a possible workaround, you can set up moderation for photos and do not approve more than 5 per day from one member. 

This is not a solution, We are talking about many hours of work. And even though people will be able to send a lot of pictures.  Think about the possibilities. I could run a contest or give a price for people who came back every day. We are talking about member came back every day and this solution will not help at all.

18. The position of like button can be changed with the custom code, as well as its size. I can see that Kyryl helped you previously on this one here

Yes. And the code stopped to work. And today like button does not work at all. No one can like any picture on my network. How cool is that?

Thank you for reading and trying to answer the questions. I truly believe that Ning has a potential to change lives by making these tools work well, and teaching how to use, best practices. But almost everything does not work. I'm really sad about this.

How can we invest money in creating content, and creating a list, if when it is the most important moment for us, it may not work? As a Launch of the Jeff Walker, Launch Formula, the tools may not work as it has already happened to me. Engaging the members, and getting them back, is the most important thing of all. With a beautiful and attractive design. If Ning can not offer this, it would be a network for hobby and not for business.

I want to invest in my business, but there is a lot missing from you. I bring users with pay ads, and I end up showing how many problems my site has. This can not be acceptable. even a small thing as the likes button and upload Photos, people can't find them. you really can't understand that? It can not continue that way, even all Ning users asking. Why would someone pay a monthly fee, to access something with such flaws? You do not grow and neither do we.

Add Photos location problem.
        Hi,   The main complaint on my network is how difficult is to add photos. And my network is all about photographers show they work. I need the bott…
      • Hello!

1. As a workaround, we offered you to insert a button on the profile page that would redirect your members to the photo page, where they can add photos or just a text that would explain the procedure of adding the photo to the site. I can see that this button http://take.ms/tGblA on profile page still redirects you to the photo page where you can add more photos. Please specify what exactly isn`t working? 

I have addressed the issue with like button here, please check my reply there. 

2. On the "Events" page where you have enabled Facebook comments http://take.ms/AaO0T this feature is available - http://take.ms/FfVdD You need to switch to the Facebook comments on each page separately. 

3. Please send me a private message (or email our support at support@ning.com) with a screenshot of the lists on your MailChimp account now. Also, please generate new API key and provide it to us with the preferable email address, and we will be able to look into this. 

4. Could you please ping ning.com (here you can check how to do that) and provide me (or our support team) with the results. 

5. I am sorry, but as I mentioned, we are still working on the overall delivery issue. 

6. If you have a feeling that someone hasn't received a private message that you sent, please provide me or our customer support with a name of the person and the date of the message, we will check it. Now I can tell that last couple of messages that were sent from your account were successfully delivered. 

13. I understand where you are coming from, but capturing emails/phone numbers is not the only one goal of the landing page. One can use the landing page to attract new members, or to sell membership, or to raise some funds for charity, or to bring members attention regarding some event, and so on. I am very sorry that you are not able to use it the way you see it fits your needs, but it does not mean that the whole builder doesn't work. 

14. I understand what you mean. But the photo will be either adjusted automatically, or member can crop it manually. Also, you can set up the default cover photo for the network. 

15. Thank you for specifying! I will pass this suggestion to the Product Team. 

16. I can see that you have already checked the correct mark here - http://take.ms/4duaV Now the total earned score is displayed here - http://take.ms/JNQ9S

17. I understand that it is not a solution, it is a workaround. The solution requires a way more time and resources, unfortunately. And also should be approved by the management. 

18. The like button issue is addressed here.

Looking forward to your reply!

Best regards,

The NING Team

Screenshot "Fabrício Giugni.png"
    • Hi there,

16. The earned score can be displayed on the profile page for each member if you select this option on the module  - http://take.ms/SFuo5  ;

I can't see it. Could you show me how?

• The link is broken

• Hello!

I am sorry, I will insert screenshots into my reply. 

"I can see that you have already checked the correct mark here:

130639553?profile=RESIZE_930x

Now the total earned score is displayed here:"

130639713?profile=RESIZE_930x

Best regards,

The NING Team

This reply was deleted.

Some interesting articles related to community management, digital marketing etc. could be found in our digest. Don't hesitate to leave a feedback so we would know that we should continue :-)

Latest Activity

LEO Mobile App Builder updated their profile
Tuesday
Aase Lillian replied to Aase Lillian's discussion
Community - activity page
"Ok, thank you. Please send me details as I have no idea on how to do it. "
Mar 19
Aase Lillian and ⚡JFarrow⌁ are now friends
NC for Hire
Mar 19
⚡JFarrow⌁ updated their profile photo
Mar 18
⚡JFarrow⌁ replied to Aase Lillian's discussion
Community - activity page
"Yes you can add emojis to your community pretty much anywhere you like.
If you need some help…"
Mar 18
Aase Lillian updated their profile
Mar 18
Aase Lillian posted a discussion
Hi all. Is it possible to add emojis to the community? I also wish the activity page to include…
Mar 18
Donna MacShoe updated their profile photo
Mar 6
Adul Rodri is now friends with ANGE.L LUAR and Margarida Maria Madruga
Feb 14
Shweta Sharma updated their profile
Jan 26
catherine martin updated their profile
Jan 16
Donna MacShoe updated their profile photo
Jan 15
More…