Current status of the Ning Platform is always available on the Ning Status Blog.

NC for Hire

I've been cleaning my Ning Network up for our 16th Birthday celebration as a community and I came across a great trick for moving your primary navigation up into the account bar.

Move Ning Navigation

Simply add the following to your custom code bottom section near the top of other codes..

<script>
// movenav to before ningbar
x$(document).ready(function() {
x$('nav.header-nav.navbar').insertAfter('div.dashboardBarWrap');
});
</script>

I am searching today for a way to make this script load faster so there isn't a 1 second lag but there you have it.  Perhaps Bizz will know a way..

Let me know if you have any questions or need help with your ning community.

You need to be a member of Ning Creators Social Network to add comments!

Join Ning Creators Social Network

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• NC for Hire

Have you tried using CSS to move the bar?

• NC for Hire

Yes but in order to make this happen i needed jquery

• Justin, note that the dashboardBarWrap only exists for the admin and not normal members so you would either have to move it before the ningbar-userLinks.linkbar then might a bit of css to align it or other than that use the design studio to have it sit below the bar

10978396478?profile=RESIZE_930x

• NC for Hire

great suggestion... however can't seem to get that to work at all.   Also would love to figure out a way to have this script run when the page loads...ill keep playing with it... good to see you Bizz!

• It looks like in your code there is a period missing before the ningbar-userLinks, it should be like this

.ningbar-userLinks.linkbar

• NC for Hire

any ideas on how to get the logo up into the bar as well before the navigation?

• You could but then the logo would have to be small as the bar would have to become big if you wanted a big logo which would then give you a big black bar at the top. The alternative would be to keep the Nav and logo in the header where it is as normal then you could just move the Account bar stuff into that section instead.

• NC for Hire

Bizz ⚡JFarrow⌁  

now it's perfect , work amazing,they use this method with only css for old themes and 2.0, i want to test only css for 3.0
    • NC for Hire

yes it is now perfect and with the added bonus of a sticky navigation when fixing the account bar at the top.. thanks for the assist Bizz!

10999300877?profile=RESIZE_930x

• Do you know how to add alt tags to members photos? Any suggestion is appreciated.

This reply was deleted.

Some interesting articles related to community management, digital marketing etc. could be found in our digest. Don't hesitate to leave a feedback so we would know that we should continue :-)

Latest Activity

LEO Mobile App Builder updated their profile
Tuesday
Aase Lillian replied to Aase Lillian's discussion
Community - activity page
"Ok, thank you. Please send me details as I have no idea on how to do it. "
Mar 19
Aase Lillian and ⚡JFarrow⌁ are now friends
NC for Hire
Mar 19
⚡JFarrow⌁ updated their profile photo
Mar 18
⚡JFarrow⌁ replied to Aase Lillian's discussion
Community - activity page
"Yes you can add emojis to your community pretty much anywhere you like.
If you need some help…"
Mar 18
Aase Lillian updated their profile
Mar 18
Aase Lillian posted a discussion
Hi all. Is it possible to add emojis to the community? I also wish the activity page to include…
Mar 18
Donna MacShoe updated their profile photo
Mar 6
Adul Rodri is now friends with ANGE.L LUAR and Margarida Maria Madruga
Feb 14
Shweta Sharma updated their profile
Jan 26
catherine martin updated their profile
Jan 16
Donna MacShoe updated their profile photo
Jan 15
More…