Current status of the Ning Platform is always available on the Ning Status Blog.

Forum

Our Ning Account has been hacked.

This Morning my account has been hacked. there is no responses from Ning, i do not know what to to do.

Please help!!! where can i contact to ning? how can i restore my acces. i am so 

distressed

This is Really Big. Hundres of Domains,15 Ning Networks ,FanPages stolen on thanksgiving day.

You need to be a member of Ning Creators Network to add comments!

Join Ning Creators Network

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• http://hc.ning.com/contact/loginquestions/index.php ;

Good luck. I hate to say it, but with the holiday, you will probably be locked out until at least Monday. 

• Ning does not reply our messages. We are really concerned about that. Do you recommend us to contact a lawer to resolve this. The person who stole our accounts use this e mail :
      Gjbollet@gmail.com

He or she takes control over all Acces, Paypal, Godaddy accounts, Hotmail accounts..etc.&amp;lt;br /&amp;gt;&lt;br /&gt;<br />
      &amp;lt;br /&amp;gt;&lt;br /&gt;<br />
      That's why we want to take this to the tribunal because our company it's going down.
      • I'm actually no longer on the Ning platform because of this. I rebuilt my site elsewhere and left. 

You gave up your rights to sue for any reason when you signed up for Ning: http://www.ning.com/termsofservice/

It's sad, but I don't think there's any room to apply pressure to them. It seems like the new owners actually care, but they have a big mess to clean up from Mode. It doesn't help you now but maybe your experience will give them the nudge they need to make improvements.

I don't know any of the specifics of your situation- how the hack happened, what the hack is costing you, etc., but I don't think you'll get anything from Ning by trying to take legal action. That is just my personal opinion and I'm not a lawyer. I also think that, unless the person who hacked you is someone you know, that you'll ever be able to do anything to them. As terrible as it is, I think the best that you can hope for is to pinpoint how this hack happened, how they got your data, etc., and make changes to ensure it doesn't happen again. 

If they are actively using your site maliciously right now, perhaps you can get GoDaddy to correct their end so you have control of the domain name (I assume you're using a custom name and not a Ning domain) and then redirect it until Ning comes back in on Monday. If you're worried about speed, a lawyer isn't going to help you out there, either. If there's nobody manning Ning on the weekend, there's nobody to respond to a lawyer, either. 

If it were me, and yes, I have been there, I would go about securing as much as I could and limiting the amount of damage the person can do. If you can't get onto your Ning site, the best you can do is focus your efforts on the other areas that person has hit because PayPal, GoDaddy, and Hotmail should all have people on staff who can help you now. Heck, Gmail probably has a way for you to contact them. ... https://support.google.com/mail/contact/abuse Maybe this will help? If you can shut down the hacker so they can't us their own gmail account, that might help some. 

• Ning may be open on Friday.  Fingers crossed!

• NC for Hire

Are you not able to change your password?

Or, did they change the email too?

• Thanks for Reply Jen! The hacker change the e-mail too.
      • NC for Hire

Omgoodness. That is horrible...so sorry.

• This reply was deleted.
    • Where is there more information on this? How do you know the scope of it?

• Hi! We are investigating this issue at the moment. Unfortunately it could take some time. Apologize for any inconveniences.

• Thank You! It does a matter the time It will take. We want to thanks that at least Ning Support reply Our Messages Now.
This reply was deleted.

Search the Creators Network

Latest Activity

Beatriz Martín replied to Dan Porter's discussion Multiple Group Hubs
"Hello.
I would like to know how this feature is done or which creator could help me.
Thx!!"
3 hours ago
Bizz ( John ) replied to Yana Ning Support's discussion Video Feature on Ning 3.0 is now available!
"Thanks Pat :-)
Yes it is a nice addition but I do wish a little more QA was done before releasing f…"
4 hours ago
Bizz ( John ) replied to Yana Ning Support's discussion Video Feature on Ning 3.0 is now available!
"I have re-uploaded this video so you can see it showing the green screen in the list page and also…"
4 hours ago
"Thanks for the reply Kyryl. I have addressed all the issues in a single post for you to look at her…"
4 hours ago
Danny Lynn replied to Ian's discussion Side Backgound Image keeps shrinking and orienting left & animated gif header isn't working
""
5 hours ago
Danny Lynn replied to Ian's discussion Side Backgound Image keeps shrinking and orienting left & animated gif header isn't working
"Thank you ning team,  I Am not a owner at Media Center just member 4 years, i do link that page to…"
5 hours ago
Pat Howlett replied to Yana Ning Support's discussion Video Feature on Ning 3.0 is now available!
"Great addition Ning Team and I appreciate Bizz John taking the time to jump in and assist in findin…"
6 hours ago
Kyryl_Ning_Support replied to Ian's discussion Side Backgound Image keeps shrinking and orienting left & animated gif header isn't working
"Hi Daniel,
We do apologise for the inconveniences at this moment developers are working under the i…"
9 hours ago
Kyryl_Ning_Support replied to Yana Ning Support's discussion Video Feature on Ning 3.0 is now available!
"Hi John,
Regarding the video resolution, after the video has been uploaded, all of them are convert…"
9 hours ago
Kyryl_Ning_Support replied to Yana Ning Support's discussion Video Feature on Ning 3.0 is now available!
"XDD"
11 hours ago
"Hi there,
Sorry for delayed reply, it was necessary to take a hold of developers to find out the an…"
11 hours ago
"Hi John,
About the video that had only green screen background instead of the video itself. we have…"
11 hours ago
Irvin Carrero, Alison Pert and Shanelle Reed-Keahi joined Ning Creators Network
12 hours ago
Ian replied to Ian's discussion Side Backgound Image keeps shrinking and orienting left & animated gif header isn't working
"And now our 'space invaders' top nav bar gif crapped out!  Here's the original:"
14 hours ago
Ian replied to Ian's discussion Side Backgound Image keeps shrinking and orienting left & animated gif header isn't working
"For some reason, our 'Wolf Blitzer' gif hasn't re-animated yet. Here's the page where it exists: ht…"
14 hours ago
"Thanks for working on this.  Whatever you guys did to fix the Gifs today, I hope it stays like this…"
16 hours ago
Kos replied to Yana Ning Support's discussion Video Feature on Ning 3.0 is now available!
"BUWAHAHAHAHA! "
18 hours ago
CZG replied to CZG's discussion Logging into ning site using Firefox not secure message
"Thank you Kos. I really appreciate the feedback."
22 hours ago
Anthony Reardon replied to David Carr's discussion Being a Ning Network could ruin the deal
"Got to say I concur with this, sadly."
22 hours ago
More…