Current status of the Ning Platform is always available on the Ning Status Blog.

So I started to let a few people join my site and I asked them to post content.

I watched their process and realised most people want to begin blogs, photos, videos from their member page. Yes its good to go to the community section but this is how a good majority of my people was thinking. So instead of fighting it I figured go with it. So I decided to add a Link Bar in their member profiles so they could get to the add Blogs, add Discussion, add Videos pages and then BAM!!!! I hit the wall.

Adding Photos is a totally different process from a developer point of view. Every other section you have to input info into the website, but Photo's are uploaded via a form.

Ok so, I tried to easily copy the code from the Photos page that gives you the little  "+" sign and BAM!! IT does not work.

So right now I can get the pic files to be seleected from my hardrive, but there is some element that is making the form go once a file is selected.

The Question

I know you might say NO but, can I have the code that will allow me to Upload a photo via the wording + Add Photo. Or at least by the "+" icon?

You need to be a member of Ning Creators Social Network to add comments!

Join Ning Creators Social Network

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I would love to let my users upload pics, videos, tag somebody in their video, and pic, add a background image to their status message, etc just like facebook. I think that will also make it easier for them. 

• I think that would be a great addition. As Facebook has been doing this for years now. We still cant @ our friends at least in a comment section. This too would be a simple way to increase activity.

I was just reminded today that we still cant make albums and slideshows of our favorite photos. A little sad to me but Im not going to knit pick as NING is working.

• Hi there!

Just to make sure, as I have noticed something that looks like the new suggestion :-), as far as I have understood you wish to have the ability to put the slideshow of the photos that you have liked to the profile page?

The reason why I'm asking is because you can create the slideshow, from the categories of photos, the only problem is that your members would be able to add that category as well and the control of the slideshow won't be fully in your hands (unless you will be able to monitor all the photos in slideshow 24/7).

Best regards,

Ning team.

• I dont remember how a album was handled on 2.0 but it was a front end element with an embed. Not a backend element only the admin can do. I say this because what if a blogger wanted to put a slideshow of pictures to and event in his blog. He has to upload one by one to the blog and still upload the pics to the regular pic section. I wish he could maybe use Tags to create slide shows.. Cause yes to control a Categorie all the time would never work as your site grew. But a tag might.

And wait, I like how you ignored the main topic of this Post. Can I have an answer for that? Some sort of code would help..

• Hi there!

Well, I have two ideas how the photos could be added to the profile page, if I have some spare time in teh future I'll research both of them in order to see whether it's possible to integrate that button in some way.

Best regards,

Ning Team.

• OK thanks a lot

• 125464626?profile=original

Hey Kyryl! I was researching and looking for different features on the internet from ning creators and I found a possiability where we can add photo's, add a blog, etc add a forum discussion button to the status message on jen social. I tried the code here but it didn't work: <script type="text/javascript">if (typeof(x$) != 'undefined') { x$(".status-container").append('<div align="center" style="margin-top:15px;">
              <a class="button button-primary" href="/photos" target="_blank" title="Add Photo">Add Photo</a>
              &nbsp;&nbsp;<a class="button button-primary" href="/profiles/blog/blogpost/new" target="_blank" title="Add Blog Post">Add Blog Post</a>
              &nbsp;&nbsp;<a class="button button-primary" href="/forum/topics/discussion/new" target="_blank" title="Add Forum Discussion">Add Forum Discussion</a></div>');
              }
              </script>

The code doesn't work anymore. Maybe you can edit the code to where it works but maybe there is a way to add pictures, add videos, add a feelings plugin, add a poll, add a tag, add a location, etc in the status update bar like facebook. Here is the link where I found it on the jen social website. http://jensocial.com/forum/topics/ning-3-0-tip-add-buttons-links-be...

Ning 3.0 Tip - Add Buttons/Links Below Status Update (Quick Links to Add Photos, Posts, Discussions)
              Based on a recent request on Ning Creators, in regards to members having a hard time finding the Photo Add button, I have created a script that will…
              • Hi there!

The code is fine, I suppose you have copied it with formatting and that is why it's not working properly.

Here is the version to copy:

<script>

if (typeof(x$) != 'undefined') {x$(".status-container").append('<div align="center" style="margin-top:15px;"><a class="button button-primary" href="/photos" target="_blank" title="Add Photo">Add Photo</a>&nbsp;&nbsp;<a class="button button-primary" href="/profiles/blog/blogpost/new" target="_blank" title="Add Blog Post">Add Blog Post</a>&nbsp;&nbsp;<a class="button button-primary" href="/forum/topics/discussion/new" target="_blank" title="Add Forum Discussion">Add Forum Discussion</a></div>');
                }

</script>

Add video button can be added definitely, I do suppose it's not presented in code as the video module has been added a year ago and the tip could be created earlier. Regarding the photos, the only way for this moment is to direct people to the phto page since the photo could be added only there. 

Regarding reaction system, if you are willing to have something that would be attached to the comments, posts, photos etc. then it won't be possible to add it without the server since it's necessary to store somewhere the number of reactions, and the id of the item to which it should be attached. However, if you wish to attach reactions only one per page (so there would be only one reaction module on the opened page) in such case that could be accomplished with the custom code even now without any server parts.

A bit confused about the location, do you mean the button which creates the status with your location and posts it to the status bar?

Best regards,

Ning Team.

• Hi there, Kyrl I decided to drop the location button. But I wanted to add a reaction to the activity feed where the reaction button will work just like facebook, they can leave a reaction to something like a status update, a status comment, a picture, a forum post, a discussion post, a video, etc in the activity feed even on the activity feed on their profile page, and they can also add reactions to the video page, picture page, forum post, etc. 

I also wanted to add a feelings plugin into the status update where they can show people what type of mood they are in like facebook and add it as a text too with why they are feeling that way. 

Tagging: I also think they should be able to tag their friends or everybody in the status update if they are hanging out together, or if there friend is in the picture, or video, etc just like facebook. 

P.S: How can I make the buttons with a rainbow background? 

• Hi there!

There was similar suggestion registered in teh system already so I have added your vote for it, so the management would see that it becoming popular and will be making their decision based on this when they would be planing the work of the dev team for the future quarters. 

Feelings plugin by its name seems to be the same this as the reaction system as both of them are showing the emotions of people regarding the items posted, unless I get you wrong.

Regarding the @mentions, I have added your vote for that feature already and as I remember I have informed you in private message about it already. 

About the background of the buttons, you may found the answer here.

Best wishes,

Ning Team.

How To Make Your Feature, Add, Edit Buttons At The Top Of Pages Stand Out Better (Updated 08/01/17)
                    In the past when I ran a full member network the most common questions I got asked were how to add a photo or edit a photo, same for forums blogs etc…
This reply was deleted.

Some interesting articles related to community management, digital marketing etc. could be found in our digest. Don't hesitate to leave a feedback so we would know that we should continue :-)

Latest Activity

LEO Mobile App Builder updated their profile
Tuesday
Aase Lillian replied to Aase Lillian's discussion
Community - activity page
"Ok, thank you. Please send me details as I have no idea on how to do it. "
Mar 19
Aase Lillian and ⚡JFarrow⌁ are now friends
NC for Hire
Mar 19
⚡JFarrow⌁ updated their profile photo
Mar 18
⚡JFarrow⌁ replied to Aase Lillian's discussion
Community - activity page
"Yes you can add emojis to your community pretty much anywhere you like.
If you need some help…"
Mar 18
Aase Lillian updated their profile
Mar 18
Aase Lillian posted a discussion
Hi all. Is it possible to add emojis to the community? I also wish the activity page to include…
Mar 18
Donna MacShoe updated their profile photo
Mar 6
Adul Rodri is now friends with ANGE.L LUAR and Margarida Maria Madruga
Feb 14
Shweta Sharma updated their profile
Jan 26
catherine martin updated their profile
Jan 16
Donna MacShoe updated their profile photo
Jan 15
More…