Current status of the Ning Platform is always available on the Ning Status Blog.

Replies

•  show the css you have used for the border

• NC for Hire

#xg_masthead /*Top Image*/ {
      margin: auto;
      display: block;
      height:600px;
      width: auto !important;
      background: #000 url(https://storage.ning.com/topology/rest/1.0/file/get/9858802674?prof...) center repeat scroll;
      border:13px ridge #eed255!important;
      padding: 10px 0px 0px 0px !important;
      border-left: 3px solid #000;
      border-right: 3px solid #000;
      border-top: 3px solid #000;
      border-bottom: 3px solid #000;
      -webkit-border-radius: 9px;
      -moz-border-radius: 9px;
      border-radius: 0px 0px 100px 100px;
      -webkit-box-shadow: 0px 0px 24px 4px #000;
      box-shadow: 0px 0px 24px 9px #ffffff;
      padding: 0px !important;

https://storage.ning.com/topology/rest/1.0/file/get/9858802674?profile=original
    • NC for Hire

I don't want to go below 13 px I know all would be ok but it's too logical

• It's because you are using the ridge as a border, to create the ridge the border property adds the darker inside to create it, the border radius is causing the effect you are having, if you remove the border radius the border will look right as the darker shaow is there to create the ridge effect as is opposite on one side to the other.

• NC for Hire

I agree with you, but I want it rounded, on the square it gives no problem,this is an impossible thing to fix, just use a dotted and dashed...or decrease border: px

• To do a border without the ridge and using dots you would just write it like this

border:13px dotted #eed255!important

for dashes you just replace the dots with dashed and for solid it would be solid

By the way in your css you also added border top, bottom etc but they will have no effect as you added important to the border at the begining which over rules the other borders.

You have also added the same for padding, the 0px line at the bottom again has no effect as you added important to the padding line above.

You don't need to add webkit to the border radius either as it's supported by all browsers.

This is how the code would look more simplified

#xg_masthead /*Top Image*/ {
            margin: auto;
            display: block;
            height:600px;
            width: auto !important;
            background: #000 url(https://storage.ning.com/topology/rest/1.0/file/get/9858802674?prof...) center repeat scroll;
            border:13px dashed #eed255!important;
            padding: 10px 0px 0px 0px !important;
            border-radius: 0px 0px 100px 100px;
            box-shadow: 0px 0px 24px 9px #ffffff,0px 0px 24px 4px #000;
            }

https://storage.ning.com/topology/rest/1.0/file/get/9858802674?prof=
            • NC for Hire

thank you very much I come from the times of this site now I put the photo, it was hard to survive now we are very few, every code of mine is weeks of work, every code is a reminder, this is your result with your eyes closed, you are the best only for one reason you are a person with a big heart and help everyone thanks for being a true friend, all ning once was like that.
              9869050468?profile=RESIZE_584x
              9869051685?profile=RESIZE_930x

change all between 2.0 to 3.0 a size even in px, even many photos look different when used in a theme, I would really like to test a 3.0 just for the codes and help people the themes I saw on 3.0 are not to be seen

This reply was deleted.

Some interesting articles related to community management, digital marketing etc. could be found in our digest. Don't hesitate to leave a feedback so we would know that we should continue :-)

Latest Activity

LEO Mobile App Builder updated their profile
Tuesday
Aase Lillian replied to Aase Lillian's discussion
Community - activity page
"Ok, thank you. Please send me details as I have no idea on how to do it. "
Mar 19
Aase Lillian and ⚡JFarrow⌁ are now friends
NC for Hire
Mar 19
⚡JFarrow⌁ updated their profile photo
Mar 18
⚡JFarrow⌁ replied to Aase Lillian's discussion
Community - activity page
"Yes you can add emojis to your community pretty much anywhere you like.
If you need some help…"
Mar 18
Aase Lillian updated their profile
Mar 18
Aase Lillian posted a discussion
Hi all. Is it possible to add emojis to the community? I also wish the activity page to include…
Mar 18
Donna MacShoe updated their profile photo
Mar 6
Adul Rodri is now friends with ANGE.L LUAR and Margarida Maria Madruga
Feb 14
Shweta Sharma updated their profile
Jan 26
catherine martin updated their profile
Jan 16
Donna MacShoe updated their profile photo
Jan 15
More…