Current status of the Ning Platform is always available on the Ning Status Blog.

It's great that the new point system has been added to the Ning networks. 

How ever I was disappointed that there currently is no easy way for me to see a list of members and how many points they have. 

The leader board option only displays achievements, but not individual points. I need to know this data as I can not afford to manually check users individual profiles to see how many points they have. 

Does anyone have any ideas for some custom code we can create to help with this? Right now the point system is practically pointless for me if I cant easily see how many points the users have. Also as a side note there should be a way for admins to manually add points to a user. 

What do you think? Anyone else notice this same issue?

Thanks for the support. 

Go Team Ning. 

- Brendon

You need to be a member of Ning Creators Social Network to add comments!

Join Ning Creators Social Network

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Also another cool thing would be for users to be able to transfer points between one another. Basically turning the points into more of an earned currency to be used within the network. 

• Happy New Year Brendon and All,

I agree the points system is an excellent addition and should encourage site participation and we must be able to table the data easily.

Super work Ning and a brilliant addition. Sorry I cannot help out with the code writing though.

Love the points currency idea and some of my colleagues starting looking into this immediately as we are a Currency Trading website - Forexmospherians.com

I have hidden our site leaderboard because it currently displays some folk who were suspended for spamming and others who never posted anything at all but somehow were on still on top of the leaderboard for some strange reason.

Some off the cuff ideas for Member Ranking System and the points:

1. There could  be a points rewarded automatically, like for simply logging on and checking in.
    2. Manually give points for unique achievements.
    3. Thinking ahead, a manual way to deducted points for any infractions.
    4. Points exchanged as gifts.
    5. Points Leaderboard.
    6. Admin Points data table.

Best Regards,

Sir Gissa

The Foreign Exchange Markets Powered by Forexmospherians.com - Best Forex Forum
    Forexmospherians.com The Foreign Exchange Markets. Forex Social Network for Traders. Join the FX Forum, write a blog & join the discussions.
  • Hi Brendon and Sir Gissa,

Thanks for your brilliant suggestions, I will pass them all to the management that's for sure :-).

Regarding the code, Brendon, I guess I can help. As far as I have understood you wish to display the points earned by the member under the avatar in the leaderboards module?  

Please let me know that is the code you are looking for

Best regards,

Ning Team.

P.S. Forgotten to mention, when you are placing the leaderboards on the page you can select the option that will display the members based on the number of points they have earned. 

This reply was deleted.

Some interesting articles related to community management, digital marketing etc. could be found in our digest. Don't hesitate to leave a feedback so we would know that we should continue :-)

Latest Activity

Alina Langley replied to Suzie Nielsen's discussion
Ning 2.0 For Sale
"Do you atill have a NING 2.0 site? I am looking for one, please DM me :)"
Apr 12
Alina Langley updated their profile photo
Apr 12
Alina Langley updated their profile
Apr 12
LEO Mobile App Builder updated their profile
Mar 26
Aase Lillian replied to Aase Lillian's discussion
Community - activity page
"Ok, thank you. Please send me details as I have no idea on how to do it. "
Mar 19
Aase Lillian and ⚡JFarrow⌁ are now friends
NC for Hire
Mar 19
⚡JFarrow⌁ updated their profile photo
Mar 18
⚡JFarrow⌁ replied to Aase Lillian's discussion
Community - activity page
"Yes you can add emojis to your community pretty much anywhere you like.
If you need some help…"
Mar 18
Aase Lillian updated their profile
Mar 18
Aase Lillian posted a discussion
Hi all. Is it possible to add emojis to the community? I also wish the activity page to include…
Mar 18
Donna MacShoe updated their profile photo
Mar 6
Adul Rodri is now friends with ANGE.L LUAR and Margarida Maria Madruga
Feb 14
More…

Meanwhile, you can check our social media channels