Current status of the Ning Platform is always available on the Ning Status Blog.

Archiver ? (Ning 3)

Hi,

A post from Ning was in my Facebook feed, claiming that all content on a Ning site is owned by the Creator.

Unless there is an Archive Feature, this is not true. In the event of Ning closing, or a server malfunction, or other events I cannot think of, all content would be erased from all Ning networks, and there is no backup. Creators do not have the choice to create backups of their sites contents, to upload to Cloud, or to an archive site, therefore Creators do not own their content.

That is my opinion. And that is why there should be an archiver before it is said on Facebook or anywhere else that we own our content.

Thank you for reading,

Anam

You need to be a member of Ning Creators Social Network to add comments!

Join Ning Creators Social Network

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• this makes me sad I cant afford the site anymore so I loose everything , biggest make ever joining :(

• Hello Sharon!

I am very sorry to hear that it is no longer possible for you to keep the site at the current subscription cost. Considering the fact that you have been a loyal customer for all these years, I believe we can try to figure out something together. I can offer you to contact our Support Team (via call, LiveChat or by simply sending an email) to discuss it further if you consider keeping your 2.0 website. If you wish to migrate to 3.0 site, our customer care manager will get in touch with you. 

Best regards,

The NING Team

• NC for Hire

I haven't tested it with a 3.0 but you should be able to use https://websitedownloader.io/ to download your site

Website Downloader
    https://websitedownloader.io quickly downloads any websites source code into easily editable format (including all assets)
    • Thanks JFarrow - does this dowload everything? All the content includig structure etc?

• hardly downloaded any pages so I guess not thanks anyway

This reply was deleted.

Some interesting articles related to community management, digital marketing etc. could be found in our digest. Don't hesitate to leave a feedback so we would know that we should continue :-)

Latest Activity

LEO Mobile App Builder updated their profile
Tuesday
Aase Lillian replied to Aase Lillian's discussion
Community - activity page
"Ok, thank you. Please send me details as I have no idea on how to do it. "
Mar 19
Aase Lillian and ⚡JFarrow⌁ are now friends
NC for Hire
Mar 19
⚡JFarrow⌁ updated their profile photo
Mar 18
⚡JFarrow⌁ replied to Aase Lillian's discussion
Community - activity page
"Yes you can add emojis to your community pretty much anywhere you like.
If you need some help…"
Mar 18
Aase Lillian updated their profile
Mar 18
Aase Lillian posted a discussion
Hi all. Is it possible to add emojis to the community? I also wish the activity page to include…
Mar 18
Donna MacShoe updated their profile photo
Mar 6
Adul Rodri is now friends with ANGE.L LUAR and Margarida Maria Madruga
Feb 14
Shweta Sharma updated their profile
Jan 26
catherine martin updated their profile
Jan 16
Donna MacShoe updated their profile photo
Jan 15
More…