Well this has taken longer than expected due to the issues with Ning lately but well I perservered to try and get this mostly done.
So here is what can be done in the profiles
- New members signing up will not see these options until they have signed up then they can change the settings in thier profile page.
- Members visiting other members pages can see what that members has chosen unless thier profile is private. They will not see the update links and demo previews on other members profiles only the member will see that on thier own profile page. This goes for and non members visiting as well.
- Members can choose a theme from the available theme list
- Members can try out other themes using the preview demo method and can move around their profile page in those demo themes
- A blog page has been added which is where the pictures of the themes come from and members can visit that page if they want to read more or see bigger pictures of the themes.
- Members can choose a width for their profile page from the various options. For example if you have a site set a full width ie the whole screen then some people find this to big if they have bigger monitors for instance so they can choose a smaller width for their page for more comfertable viewing.
- And finally Members can select a size for their profile cover image, for now this is for the height of the box only but will update with more options later on.
The next stage will be for members to choose their column layouts and a few more options like changing backgrounds etc if they don't want to use a particular theme.
As ever I will share all the code and how to set it all up in due course once I've tidied up the code and will split it into parts so you can choose to have all the options or just bits of it like just the themes part etc.
Now in this page it will now have it's own seperate section so it won't be mixed in with the profile questions section.