1. Sign up for Instagram
2. Use your site name as your user name (of course, lol).
3. Include your site url in your description. (no Brainer)
Always use your site name as a hashtag when posting pictures. And be sure to use other popular hashtags so that your pictures show up on multiple feeds. Example: #fun #funny #JenSocial <----
4. Always be liking. Trust me this is one of the most effective ways to grow your following on instagram.
Liking the pictures that other people have posted is the best way to get likes on your photos and followers on your account. I have some where around 6,700 followers on my personal account and about 85% all came from me liking random pictures.
If your not inerested in liking pictures manually there is an app that will automate your likes based on the hashtag(s) you input. Very cheap and effective. I'm currently using autolikestagram
5. Be consistent, If your site is about music it doesn't make much since to be posting pictures of food now does it. Post daily.
6. Do not flood the time lime with photos, people hate that and will usually unfollow you because of that. I'd recommend that you never post more than two photos at a time.
7. When posting a picture make sure you leave something about your website in the description of your photo. See more pics of this band on example.com
8. Ask your members to use your # hashtag when posting site related content on instagram.
9. Create a group on your site just for instagram and have members invite their friends to that group. This will grow your members and followers on instagram.
10. I've saved the best for last. Run a instagram photo contest using your site # hashtag you can give away a month as a featured member, or something like a $100 or $250 dollar gift card, its up to you. Get creative with this you will see your followers and site sign ups increase.
I hope this helps some of you.